Mysteries of Reborn

wytch_doctr

We all love Reborn, but there are just some things that are hidden from us.. and as far as i know, Ame hasn't told us yet.

So let's begin.

The X-Doors

We see these doors often when we are looking for the secrets in Reborn. Like one not so hidden in Tanzan Mountain, the one in the basement of Blacksteam Factory and one very, very far away, in one of the icy mountains.

To be honest, I have no clue whatsoever in about these doors. I've heard that they could contain legendaries but... it feels so odd, just to have them so freely accessible to us. I once thought that they could be "teleportation", to get from one door to the other... but what use would that be? None of us really need to get back there easily for any reason. Maybe we could find and somehow activate these doors when we get all the Keys to unlock.... something? No clue, but it could link to the Arc de Something

The reborn Reborn City

It's common knowledge that the Reborn City we will return to will be fresh, but what will happen when we Surf from the Coral Ward? It seems so odd to have that much free space to roam around in. Dunno what Ame will do with that.

Also, I feel that there would have been attempts to clear the city of all the unnecessarities, like Gangs, and maybe even 7th Street? Perhaps we will have a Showdown between Aqua + Magma Gangs against the Reborn PD, and that we had to choose sides. That would be a tough decision to make, but Archer is my homeboy, yo.

Shade's all seeing eye

Shade, Reborn's resident ghoul has a knack for setting up these odd screens that predict every death in Reborn. Corey was shown after we see him die, but then we also see Kiki slaughtered by Garchomp, Amaria and Titania falling off... something, and a green haired boy/girl.. exploding?

When we see Amy and Tania falling off the Waterfall, we expect this to be what Shade was predicting.. but with Amy's memory being lost (or maybe she is lying about this for Titania's sake?) she could re-find out about Tania lying and jump again... with less hopeful consequences

Also the green haired individual. Fern? OH I WISH HE WOULD DIE, but i doubt it. Rini? Nope, hair too short. Lin? (she had green hair.... if i remember correctly) Does this mean we come out successful after all? but maybe with a sacrifice.... It obviously can't be that easy, can it?

Gossip Gardevoir and Radomus

When I was bored in Reborn, I was flicking through the channels on the TV I stole in the Azurine Academy. The interview section... Gossip Gardevoir talking about Radomus. Roughly, it went like this: "Have you ever had true love?" "Once, Gardevoir. But she left, blah blah blah" (Radomus' wife?'s gravestone can be found in the Beryl Cemetery (as well as Dr Connal's wife? or child?)) "Have you, Gardevoir?" "Yes, I try to show my love but he won't recognize it, even if he is standing right in front of me." "Oh, well I hope he realizes this soon, Gardevoir." ".... Stupid, STUPID Master!"

I wonder what hat he has for this situation. Ooh La La

Oh yeah, note: If there has been anything official said about these and I haven't realized, please tell me, and my bad. Oops

Edited by wytch_doctr

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shade's all seeing eye

Shade, Reborn's resident ghoul has a knack for setting up these odd screens that predict every death in Reborn. Corey was shown after we see him die, but then we also see Kiki slaughtered by Garchomp, Amaria and Titania falling off... something, and a green haired boy/girl.. exploding?

When we see Amy and Tania falling off the Waterfall, we expect this to be what Shade was predicting.. but with Amy's memory being lost (or maybe she is lying about this for Titania's sake?) she could re-find out about Tania lying and jump again... with less hopeful consequences

Also the green haired individual. Fern? OH I WISH HE WOULD DIE, but i doubt it. Rini? Nope, hair too short. Lin? (she had green hair.... if i remember correctly) Does this mean we come out successful after all? but maybe with a sacrifice.... It obviously can't be that easy, can it?

Well, two screens are confirmed correct by ep.14 ending message (corey, and kiki's deaths) Amaria lived but had amnesia. So... Yeah.

Well, two screens are confirmed correct by ep.14 ending message (corey, and kiki's deaths) Amaria lived but had amnesia. So... Yeah.

Just to clarify a bit: E14's ending message was:

"Forget not: four screens foretold four souls' fortune forsaken...

...For forsooth, from foreshadowed, only two will be taken."

fend14_02.png

The key point here is "from foreshadowed". Corey's death was a glimpse into the past, since by the time we see those screens, he was already dead. So the message only refers to the three scenes that show us the future - Kiki, Amaria, Lin.

Kiki died, which leaves Amaria or Lin as the possible survivors.

Personally, I do think what we saw on Amaria's screen was the waterfall scene. It fits in with what we saw, though of course, there's no way to say no similar thing could happen in the future. But Lin dying seems very likely to me.

Here's a few mysteries I can think of.

-The strange totem pole you find near Beryl.

-The Absol. While you can catch a Absol towards the end of episode 15, what if that wasn't the same Absol. Why is it appearing near us?

-The voice. In certain areas, a strange voice can be heard, seemingly playing with us. I think someone already made a thread about this, but still...

-Anna. Something doesn't seem quite right about Anna. What if she's not as crazy as she seems, and what if he Jirachi isn't quite so fake? Her quote on the characters section seems to be about wishing, so perhaps, there's some foreshadowing...

-Why can't we just be happy and have that Magikarp...

-Why is the wastelands so strange? The junk there seemingly appeared overnight, which seems odd.

-El. Sure, he's crazy, but he is blind, which makes me wonder...

Edited by Combat Medic

Here's a few mysteries I can think of.

-The strange totem pole you find near Beryl.

-The Absol. While you can catch a Absol towards the end of episode 15, what if that wasn't the same Absol. Why is it appearing near us?

-The voice. In certain areas, a strange voice can be heard, seemingly playing with us. I think someone already made a thread about this, but still...

-Anna. Something doesn't seem quite right about Anna. What if she's not as crazy as she seems, and what if he Jirachi isn't quite so fake? Her quote on the characters section seems to be about wishing, so perhaps, there's some foreshadowing...

-Why can't we just be happy and have that Magikarp...

-Why is the wastelands so strange? The junk there seemingly appeared overnight, which seems odd.

-El. Sure, he's crazy, but he is blind, which makes me wonder...

I think of the totem pole as a way to get pokemon, no more, no less. Same with the shuppet gravestone.

Absol usually predicts disasters, or something. I guess that's what it's used for. Maybe when we fight El the Absol is gonna appear outta nowhere and beat the crap out of Arceus? Or maybe not.

I completely forgot about the voice. In all honestly, it sounds like a female child for some reason....... Anna? Dun dun duuun.

watch it turn out that it's not a magikarp and it's a damn Bidoof.

The wasteland could have something to do with Mr Bigglesworth... but as he was surplus to the storyline, i'm not sure.

I think of the totem pole as a way to get pokemon, no more, no less. Same with the shuppet gravestone.

But who built it? I'm probably looking for lore where there isn't any, but it still seems oddly mysterious.

...honestly, i don't even know where you can battle bigglesworth.

is it optional? like the Titania having a convo with a Team Meteor grunt on route 1? i never came across a Pulse!Garbodour ever in my playthrough.

here's one: that empty room in the Treatment Center. it just bothers me so much...maybe because it's eerie? when you enter the game says it's like some weird energy filling the air or like someone's looking at you- or some text like that. i know there're a BUNCH of empty rooms or places in Reborn but this one stuck out to me.

and yeah. i agree bout Anna. i think those "Burns" on Charlotte's face weren't there just for fun. maybe to symbolize something? hmm..

is it optional? like the Titania having a convo with a Team Meteor grunt on route 1? i never came across a Pulse!Garbodour ever in my playthrough.

It's optional and can be found in the wasteland.

It's only a regular Garbodour not a pulse one.

The mystery that I wonder about is why Florinia is so emotionless.

In her diary she wrote that she didn't want to hurt the ones she loved, so did she do something awful in the past?

The mystery that I wonder about is why Florinia is so emotionless.

In her diary she wrote that she didn't want to hurt the ones she loved, so did she do something awful in the past?

Fern implies early-game that it has something to do with something between Florinia and Titania.

Julia says that Florinia "hasn't been the same ever since-", and Fern ends her sentence with "since Titania? Yeah, she traumatizes people like that."

Mr. Bigglesworth can be found in the Byxbysion Tunnels/Grotto, which aren't really something you necessarily stumble upon unless you explore a lot. To be honest I still don't know if there's a way to enter them without doing the thing required for Beldum.

...dem typos, lmao. I should sleep some more.

Edited by Ama

here's one: that empty room in the Treatment Center. it just bothers me so much...maybe because it's eerie? when you enter the game says it's like some weird energy filling the air or like someone's looking at you- or some text like that. i know there're a BUNCH of empty rooms or places in Reborn but this one stuck out to me.

It's a Fennekin event. You need to use Charge Beam or Discharge on the Electrode to restore the field from Short-Circuit field to Factory Field. Then you talk to the PC and get a Fennekin.

The question about the relative of the good Doctor's is actually his sister, Elizabeth Connel, who commited suicide which drove him to become a doctor to potentially prevent the same from happening to others since his sister was denied shock treatment, which he believes could have driven the desire to take her own life out of her.

I guess I never thought of it in that way. Maybe the nuzleaf had something to do with it

Originally I was thinking the same thing, but after some consideration, I realized some of the Pokemon on it are "ancient" Pokemon, like Baltoy. We all know how strange ancient Pokemon can be.

Hmmm

I also wonder why Cain left his mom, i dont think it's just because he's pansexual

I always chopped it up to "teen" angst. I'm sure more details about Cain's life will be revealed as the game goes on, but I'm sure there's some family history involving his father or something.

and yeah. i agree bout Anna. i think those "Burns" on Charlotte's face weren't there just for fun. maybe to symbolize something? hmm..

It is optional if you go around exploring the caves of the wasteland for event pokemon or rare items. Mr Bigglesworth is there and he isn't really a proper pulse since he apparently developed speech and didn't mutate in appearance

As for Anna, everything she says is either prophetic or symbolic, like a psychic, so it makes sense for her and her diagnose of schizophrenia. Ppl who suffer from that are often deemed to be on a higher intellectual level than most humans, although they express it in means that appear as "crazy" or wacky to ppl. Needless to say, the "burns" on Charlotte are her emotional scar of the past because she believes she was the one who started the fire that burned down her house and killed her parents.

He left his mom because of his sexuality + promiscuous behavior, which she took issue with I think. I remember Ame saying how Cain IRL had a similar issue with his mom.

I think Anna is a psychic.

I think Amaria "died" in a sense that she lost her memory and the part of her that came to terms with Titania's true feelings is no longer there due to the amnesia as a result of her suicide attempt.

I still don't think that's the real Lin blowing up.

Edited by Monochrome_Complex

He left his mom because of his sexuality + promiscuous behavior, which she took issue with I think. I remember Ame saying how Cain IRL had a similar issue with his mom.

Yeah, irl, Cain had to leave the League because he was banned after his mom caught him with a boyfriend.

Hmmm seems still a bit too frail for me, considering other people's storylines, i think there is a greater hole in Cain / Aya's history o:

As for Anna, i wouldn't go for psychic, but rather a kind of heart reading. She could clearly see burn scars for charlotte, and so, see in her past and her hidden wounds. Maybe she'll play an important role with that Lin from Orphenage o: