Fire Emblem Rerolls [Interest Check]

Commander

Hi there, Commander here with an interest check for something some of you may not know. A long time ago, I hosted an RP on here and it was an interesting experience. Unfortunately, there were many problems with it as it fell apart near the end of the first chapter. Now, I'm reviving the idea in a little bit of a new way.

For those of you not familiar with FE, don't worry too much. I use many elements from the games, but as long as you can read and know how to use a spear to kill people, you'll be fine. I'll be able to explain the rest to you if you don't know what certain terms mean or how something works.

Since I have a bit more freedom this semester, I'll give this a second go. This will be a series of short rerolls given I don't have the time to do a full fledged one anymore (and maybe someone can take over in time). There are two different options I considered:

Option 1: This is more of a refined version of the old RP idea. Players will all be on one side and go through missions on a battlefield. Bosses will have unique capabilities no one else can have (such as skills like Luna and Sol). I will usually assign people characters and death will play an important role. One slip-up could cost you your life. In this one, I'm more in control since I control the enemy side of things. (See battles and bosses from here to get a better idea how this will work.)

Option 2: If I get enough people, this will be players against players. Fire Emblem is a strategy game so planning your moves will be vital in order to survive (or you could charge straight into enemy fire if you wanted to). Teamwork may also turn a fight from a losing to winning position. Everybody will be randomly assigned to teams (unless I have reasons not to) so you never know who'll be on your team. I'll likely play more of a moderator in this to keep things under control such as when a stalling happens and I may throw things at you once in a while. Other than basic things such as powerplaying and metaing, anything goes. I'll basically just give you a run down of each players character stats to them (You won't know too much about your opponents data though up until right when the RP starts...however, you will be able to see a basic layout of the map).

I'll go into greater detail once I see which one people are interested in more. I've taken notes from the RP experience before and now know how to better handle these things.

I added a poll, but which option I choose will really depend on numbers. If it's about 4-6 option one is the obvious choice, but if we have like 12 people or more (by some miracle) it'd be way too many to keep track of through that option and I'd probably go with option 2.

"I will usually assign people characters and death will play an important role."

Kind of glad this got brought up. For option 1, character creation can be a bit more open but there are things that need to be avoided. Rerolls are meant to be short, but since option 1 are designed be on longer periods of time so I might give more freedom on that as I control the enemy side. I might just put a restriction list as not being able to pick a Paladin in a sky map type of battle (to keep things in balance). I merely said that more for option 2. There is a degree of freedom I can allow as long as the character apps follow the setting of the reroll (which is kind of similar to just a chapter).

Option 2 is where I'm a bit more strict. These battles are designed to be shorter and to make sure nobody gets too deeply invested in a character. Basically, the only 3 things that have to be forced are the class with general stats, weapons and armor, and a bit of backstory behind the group (Bandits, the Queen's Men, Conquerors, etc). There's more freedom here as things you couldn't do in option 1, like burning down a village is fair game here. I will not give anyone a pre-made backstory or personality in this option as that'd ruin half the fun. There are just certain things I set to keep this fair game and to keep this from getting out of hand (which is generally why I'd play more of a moderator than a participant).

I'll probably end up reading these for a bit since I don't have much free time at the moment. If/When I do join in, option 1 would be preferable. Best of luck with them though! And feel free to ask me if you need anything from a gameplay perspective since I've finished them all at this point.

Kind of glad this got brought up. For option 1, character creation can be a bit more open but there are things that need to be avoided. Rerolls are meant to be short, but since option 1 are designed be on longer periods of time so I might give more freedom on that as I control the enemy side. I might just put a restriction list as not being able to pick a Paladin in a sky map type of battle (to keep things in balance). I merely said that more for option 2. There is a degree of freedom I can allow as long as the character apps follow the setting of the reroll (which is kind of similar to just a chapter).

Option 2 is where I'm a bit more strict. These battles are designed to be shorter and to make sure nobody gets too deeply invested in a character. Basically, the only 3 things that have to be forced are the class with general stats, weapons and armor, and a bit of backstory behind the group (Bandits, the Queen's Men, Conquerors, etc). There's more freedom here as things you couldn't do in option 1, like burning down a village is fair game here. I will not give anyone a pre-made backstory or personality in this option as that'd ruin half the fun. There are just certain things I set to keep this fair game and to keep this from getting out of hand (which is generally why I'd play more of a moderator than a participant).

interesting.

So, only you can be the villain???

interesting.

So, only you can be the villain???

Well it depends on what perspective I put you in. It'll kind of be something where you don't stay on one side (so you could be bandits in one and mercenaries in the next). I know the first one is going to be a modified version of a battle I had plan early on in the old rp.

And I closed the poll because it seems that unless I have 12 people appear out of nowhere and haven't spoken, I can work with option one. I'll work on all the details for the interest check later on tonight. There's a couple issues I need to work out, but I think I can make this work.

I love Fire Emblem, but as of now, I'd probably just watch from a distance for now for a few reasons. First off, I have literally no experience with interactive stories/ Role Plays here, so I think I should observe a few before I hop on in. Two, I am terrible at Fire Emblem, so that's something to consider. I'm also not sure how much free time I'm going to have, but that really depends on my classes. In any case, I'm sure this will turn out amazing, and I look forward to the finished result.

I'm not sure when exactly I'll have a sign-ups sheet open as I still need to work a lot of kinks out of the old system. I've already brought back the good old RNG any FE fan will recall right away that's played out a little differently. I just need to think how encounters will work and it should be set.