So I'm finally current as of episode 15 my thoughts.

Dangit Ron Paul

Man this game really plays differently from a normal pokemon game. The gym leaders are really a pain in the ass sometimes, but it's a really enjoyable challenge.

Does Ame hate water starters? Why oh god why are the first two gyms electric and grass... my poor piplup... not to mention my prinplup was equallly useless versus the Pulse Tangrowths...

Oddly enough I think the gym leader that actually gave me the most trouble was shelly. Since the only anti bug type mon I was using was growlithe... and boy is that thing frail not to mention masquerain trying to bubblebeam it to death. Prinplup was equally useless again because half her pokemon had giga drain too. I actually had to level it into an empoleon and then common candy it back down to 35 before I managed to clear that gym. I honestly expected to have alot of trouble with Serra's gym because 4/6 my team were Physical attackers (and Empoleon's only special move was brine) and my only other special attacker was a male meowstic who had started to fall off in usefullness. Thank god for minimize Muk he has saved me many a time. Bonus points because I missed what would have been the finally blow with my Empoleon's brine and then her stupid mirror reflected it back at her for the win. Radmus's chess puzzles were fun especially since I love the game myself.

Honestly tho the feeling when I finally got the fly TM and went oh yes I can FINALLY get around easy. Hey yeah you can't use fly outside till ep 16. That might have killed me a little inside but oh well I'll just make do until then.

All in all great game and I'm very much looking forward to Episode 16 now.

Edited by Dangit Ron Paul

I know what you're saying with using Piplup, beating those first few gym leaders in my steel mono was certainly quite the challenge. Glad to see you're all aboard the hype train for E16!

Haha yeah Water type started get bodied in the beginning (except Protean Froakie but that's barely a water type). My Turtwig/Grotle crushed Julia and set up enough curses on Flobot that she couldn't do anything. Glad you enjoyed the game so much, it's the best gem I've ever played :D

Glad to see you enjoyed your experience so far! Yeah Water-Starters are a struggle but they sure do pay off later. Shelly has an interesting battle. I've seen people who breeze through her and some who have trouble. Her team can definitely be scary depending on match-up. Radosmus had my favorite puzzle as well. And yassss Fly! See ya around!

RIP 666 Posts :P

Keep thinking that's Jan lol...

Speaking of, I think you raise a few good points in this thread.

Lots of people talking about doing challenge or special runs, and would put my hat in the ring to say Reborn could use an Intense mode as well.

Originally, I REALLY loved Reborn's difficulty, but after my Pokemon knowledge has expanded by playing both Reborn and Rejuvenation, I don't find a regular playthrough of Reborn that exciting.

The story is still amazing though!
Got a full lore-play with only the story on the channel if anyone ever wants to just see that.

I watch it through every couple months. Its a really good way to progress a game and genre that is historically thin on the story side.

For Shelly, I had a surprisingly good battle using Competitive Meowstic, since a lot of the attacks Shelly uses have stat-altering effects.

Ended up 1HKO-ing some 'mons, including Yanmega and Anorith, my worst enemies in the battle, with Shadow Ball after a couple of stat boosts.

By the time Meowstic went down, I still had Growlithe left to deal with the rest (other 'mon on the field was Noctowl); burning the field took care of everything pretty quickly then.

As someone who's also used water starters for both runs (Oshawott first, Mudkip second) I somewhat feel your pain, even though Mudkip/Marshtomp obviously had an advantage against Julia, 'specially with Damp ability.

I don't know about their usefulness later on; Samurott did me a good service against Cal, but I have since boxed the fella, since it simply didn't manage to live up to the needs of my team at all.

Keep thinking that's Jan lol...

Speaking of, I think you raise a few good points in this thread.

Lots of people talking about doing challenge or special runs, and would put my hat in the ring to say Reborn could use an Intense mode as well.

Originally, I REALLY loved Reborn's difficulty, but after my Pokemon knowledge has expanded by playing both Reborn and Rejuvenation, I don't find a regular playthrough of Reborn that exciting.

The story is still amazing though!

Got a full lore-play with only the story on the channel if anyone ever wants to just see that.

I watch it through every couple months. Its a really good way to progress a game and genre that is historically thin on the story side.

I know there's my slight mod version that basically amped up the teams for the hardcore mod in fan game expose as well as I believe Raindbow Dash worked on one as well. I don't know as I don't look too into it. There are still many ways to make the normal reborn quite challenging such as that challenge run I had (and oh lordy is that hard).

Even that still has a lot of rough patches (and a ton of AI problems) which I tried to work most of them out. I still have a huge list of fixes to work on for Ep 16's release. But basically, I tried amping up the difficulty to pre-nerf Aya and Charlotte as that is what people seemed to really like and talked about. But I basically think Reborn is really well done (even down to leader team) and all I really needed to do is touch them up a little bit. The normal game is still quite enjoyable and I can find myself against a wall once in a great while.

• Veterans

I know there's my slight mod version that basically amped up the teams for the hardcore mod in fan game expose as well as I believe Raindbow Dash worked on one as well. I don't know as I don't look too into it. There are still many ways to make the normal reborn quite challenging such as that challenge run I had (and oh lordy is that hard).

Even that still has a lot of rough patches (and a ton of AI problems) which I tried to work most of them out. I still have a huge list of fixes to work on for Ep 16's release. But basically, I tried amping up the difficulty to pre-nerf Aya and Charlotte as that is what people seemed to really like and talked about. But I basically think Reborn is really well done (even down to leader team) and all I really needed to do is touch them up a little bit. The normal game is still quite enjoyable and I can find myself against a wall once in a great while.

An example of the wall battles would be the battle with Blake and Fern;which is absolutely brutal. Fitting for the 2 most asshole-ish characters to team up and form a powerfull combo :P

Actually the other thing that was personally interesting. I share my name with corey,albeit without an e, so I was like oh cool there is a leader with my name... Oh God he... oh... maybe I'm not so glad he has my name. Then fighting shade... Oh God he's a gengar. The irony here being that now I'm facing a gengar with my name and gengar has been my #1 absolute favorite money since gen 1. Kindve weird. Also side point shade was cool as hell.