Summer/Fall Anime Season 2015

Felicity

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course of course lol. ((speaking of which... hoping similar for Overlord.... though probably jsut going to pick up the Light Novel for that series if I can find it translated because kinda want to get cracking into that... same with Rokka though since I'd rather not wait lol.))

That and for that reason that would have to hope they get picked up for another season annnnnnnd would rather just get on with their stories since enjoying them a lot right now XD.

I over-hyped myself to shit on the RnY finale.

First, I was right about Naschetanya for the wrong reasons. Tits.

Second, the way they presented her reasons, which naturally are meant to be properly delved into later of course, was eerrrrrg kinda shit.

Third, idk about you guys, but it looked like the show finally ran out of budget on this episode. The serious lack of action, the cop out where Naschetanya escapes with some fiend voodoo bullshit, and really just a few key frames had a serious downgrade in quality. The characters looked good enough when it mattered though (Flamie blushing made me D'AWWW so hard)

Fourth, I kinda wish they had a little more time for the characters to interact and reflect on what the fuck just happened. Like that's just going to blow over so quickly? Fuuuck no. Definitely reading the LNs to see if that is fixed

Fifth, we lose Naschetanya for the megane kawaii sugoi blood saint? Gtfo of here, Idek you and I am shunning you for not being one of my beloved characters

Sixth, they reverted to the original opening, which makes sense but still sets me on a bad sitting

Seven, the atmosphere has flicked back to that adventurous sense that it started with. I almost dropped the show in the beginning because I didn't like that atmosphere and I hope the "new" fiend bad guy is as deceptive and intelligent as Naschetanya was when going about things

The ending is paramount to my experience with an anime and this one felt like a rushed cop out that my love for the rest of the series cannot negate. They could have ended it a lot better but, like I said, you could see the budget was running low and they had to get a buttload of info out the door quick. It's a shame, they were actually at a perfect stopping point in the series but, it is what it is.

Oh and Charlotte and Shimoneta were aight The love nectar rainbow became a circle \o/

ROKKA NO YUUSHA INTRODUCED ITS OWN VERSION OF FAMILY GUYS MEG! FUCK YOU MEG!

chill, assuming they're preparing for a second season, most of those aren't even "problems". at the very least, it's a "NOW GO READ THE LNS" ending.

one thing i have to agree with tho is that i really disliked the adventure/fantasy atmosphere they set in the end, it was so much better back when the barrier was active and they all suspected each other.

and the overall budget was already pretty low on episodes 9~10, if you compare it to the first episode. not a specific problem with the ending lol.

the cow (if that's what she's supposed to be) blood saint is actually pretty cool. ive already started reading the light novels and she really gives me a deadman wonderland feel so far.

but if you liked nashetanya the way she was that much, then GET REKT

e7cGIED.jpg

• Support Squad

chill, assuming they're preparing for a second season, most of those aren't even "problems". at the very least, it's a "NOW GO READ THE LNS" ending.

one thing i have to agree with tho is that i really disliked the adventure/fantasy atmosphere they set in the end, it was so much better back when the barrier was active and they all suspected each other.

and the overall budget was already pretty low on episodes 9~10, if you compare it to the first episode. not a specific problem with the ending lol.

the cow (if that's what she's supposed to be) blood saint is actually pretty cool. ive already started reading the light novels and she really gives me a deadman wonderland feel so far.

but if you liked nashetanya the way she was that much, then GET REKT

e7cGIED.jpg

Most of the issues I listed were ones affecting my enjoyment of the episode rather than how the story turned out. A lot of it really felt like a cop out.

And Nasch was not my favourite girl in the least. My issue really was how touch and go her revelation was. It was more interesting seeing her go yandere psycho against Adlet than her giving up and revealing herself as the seventh. That's not right when this is supposed to be the climax of the show.

Most of the issues I listed were ones affecting my enjoyment of the episode rather than how the story turned out. A lot of it really felt like a cop out.

And Nasch was not my favourite girl in the least. My issue really was how touch and go her revelation was. It was more interesting seeing her go yandere psycho against Adlet than her giving up and revealing herself as the seventh. That's not right when this is supposed to be the climax of the show.

true that, then again the main problem here is that there's no continuation as of now. in my opinion it was done just slightly better on the light novel, the studio clearly chose to end it as soon as possible, rather than skipping a week like some other anime did tho id probably be dead if i had to wait that long on episode 11's cliffhanger. besides the crazy/psycho personality shift, she still intrigues me a lot. not one of my favorite characters but i am definitely intrigued in learning more about her plans and ideals.

ALSO GUYS APPARENTLY AYAME AND THE OTHER TWO GIRLS IN THE ENDING WERE UNCENSORED. THERE WERE TITTIES ALL ALONG. dont know about anna, okuma and the others.

Edited by Gore

Where would I find the Light Novel for Rokka? I think I might just want to read it anyway but not really sure where I'd look lol. ((I'll assume asking that here is alright since well... it's related to the anime lol.)).

Look up nanodesu translations. All of the translations for RnY are done by that group.

On another note...

Freaking Symphogear GX.

You made me cry for Ver...

Fuck.

8gQCPYS.png

cXtA5Mw.png

4wLNIA1.png

2WvpGeK.png

ziSoxF7.png

nssmVot.png

Seriously. This is how you do a penultimate episode. It was wonderful.

Edited by Hiss13

already done with the prologue/chapter one and this is so freaking good. absolutely recommend everyone who liked this anime to check it out as soon as possible. especially because there might not even be a sequel, since this is spice and wolf's director and the final episode's second half seemed to be extremely rushed, almost like a teaser to make you want to find out what happens in the light novel.

reviving this ded thread

Very happy to see how S1 for Shokugeki No Souma ended. They did skip an important scene however after Souma presents his dish but they'll probably include it for S2 I hope. I did like however how they added that scene with Erina alone, pretty amusing to see her frustrated once more. Can't wait for Season 2. Definitely recommend reading the manga for anyone who enjoyed it.

EDIT: Ok, that was so fken amazing to see that animated between Gakuto and the Chairman. They did skip alot of the stuff that occurred after the boys got out of the prison, which did set up for what was happening at the ending. Oh well, the manga is definitely better but seeing some of this stuff animated is definitely hilarious and worth it.

prison school was freaking great, that moment between hana and kiyoshi couldnt have been done better. im so hyped for a second season, really expecting kiyoshi to help the girls, or at the very least hana for what happened.

also hana was easily best girl and gakuto stayed as true mvp until the very end :]].

shokugeki no soma's finale was also amazing. the cook-off between hayama and soma was very well done and seeing all of the characters in the ending party was really fun.

just like rokka no yuusha and prison school, im really hoping for a season two. if it isnt announced by january, ill just start reading the manga.

really tho, who would've thought something like this would turn out to be such an amazing show.

MKAaPfj.gif

Edited by Gore

• Support Squad

Prison School

So happy with the ending. It was the perfect kind of ending that left me satisfied after an intense journey in the weird, weird world of Prison school. Sure, it left things open with the new introduction of the ringlet redhead (who btw is best girl now) but really, I'm fine. It wrapped itself up. Which is what an ending is meant to be, so Kudos for that.

SNS

So much to say about this fantastic episode. First, the fucking passion behind the dish presentations. Not the most hilarious or, imo, the most intense, but certainly satisfying to see better action in this show than in half the supposed actions shows out this season. The moment they showed Yukihira punching the judge...

Still, there were 2 things that really clinched the show and gave that sense of closure, which is kinda weird considering there ABSOLUTELY is more to the story and is what I wish RnY had done, First was the music. First there was the melody of the first ending once the presentations were over, a lovely little touch that made me happ when I noticed it. Then there was the original theme playing at the end. When an opening tune is used to end a series it just strikes a chord with me that is so, so satisfying.

Second was simply the final scene. It encapsulated half of what makes the series so great, the light hearted humour. It was a nice send off for what could otherwise have been a terrible cliff hanger.

And of course, the last thing of the episode?

A tentacled Megumi.

Naturally

Gakkou Gurashi

I was expecting a total bad end with this given that the series had overall taken a lot of liberties with its source material. However, it seems that the series ended following the overall results of the source material. Well, overall, it's a bittersweet ending and I'm kinda disappointed that we didn't get the helicopter crash but I'm happy with it.

The series did a wonderful job of creating an eerie atmosphere birthed by the dissonance in the candy-colored illusion Yuki had and the reality of the situation.

GUYS ALSO HOW COULD I FORGET ABOUT THIS MOMENT

7xUXiBd.jpg?1

on a different topic, i was pretty disappointed by gakkougurashi. too much moe, it didnt know when to properly be dark or serious. at this point, the contrast/shock value isnt even a big deal anymore, especially 'cause shows like madoka and higurashi did a much better job, in my opinion. though, that might be just me.

what's with the angel beats ptsd i'm getting with this grad ceremony.

Taromaru Gurahi was fun. it's like high school of the dead with cute girls, and the reincarnation of Jesus Christ in the form of the main character Taroumaru.

Wo0L1GZ.jpg

can't wait forTaroumaru Gurashi 2: The Taroumaruing: The Experience

uAstbzr.jpg

GENKI DESU

i agree the dog was the best girl

charlotte

not a bad ending, still made me feel for the characters, but i found the show as a whole to be pretty average. was a bit too rushed which resulted in lots of plot holes, and really felt over-dramatic and edgy at times.

gatchaman crowds insight

been a long time since i talked about this. overall, i found it to be as good as season one. it started out slow and very boring but once i finally realized the direction the show was trying to take, i started to really enjoy it like the first season. pretty solid for a sequel, overall.

i agree the dog was the best girl

Shovel-kun is best girl.

Now, then:

Durarara

Well, it seems the entire purpose of this season was to set up for the big conflict that would be happening next season. Not much else to say. Fun season overall, but all to focused on set-up. It felt like not too much happened, ya know.

Though I love Walker's little Index reference.

Umaru-chan

A nice simple series overall. Not much else for me to say. It was refreshing enough to keep me running through the season and that's all I really needed from this series.

Symphogear GX

Yay for happy endings.

glKDIAO.jpg

Overall, this was Symphogear's weakest season yet, I found it pretty damn satisfying. Plus, we have that nice sequel hook.

Now if only the writers would finally bring out the Custodians.

Custodians vs Lulu Amelu War please!

With that, I have finished all of my Summer series except Cinderella Girls.

Yea, forgot to talk about this.

In the case of Gangsta, the manga continues past that moment so try reading it if you feel unsatisfied, which pretty much everyone was considering how meh the ending was. However, I have to say things get alot more crazy after that point where the anime stopped at so start from the beginning if you do.

Yea, my friends were talking about that. Not really surprised considering how they weren't really doing well dealing with their debts and such. I wish there would have been a sequel to Samurai Champloo, but at the same time I was pretty satisfied with the ending.

Anyways, looks like Saturday and Sunday will be the best days for the Fall so far. \o/ Owarimonogatari hype train even tho I know what happens.