Summer/Fall Anime Season 2015

Felicity

• Support Squad

I will, especially since studio manglobe went bankrupt, meaning a second season is definitely not happening.

You never know. shows can change studios. I think Oregairu from last season switched studios. That or it was just the animation teams, idk

Industry names are not my strong suit

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its really sad tho, 'cause they made some amazing shows. most of them were only popular on the west, which sucks because japan is where the sales really matter. now a deadman wonderland or gangsta sequel is pretty much impossible (if it wasnt already lol). we could still hope another studio continued them, though.

fridays and saturdays look freaking amazing to me. noragami and heavy object begin tomorrow, hype!!!

You never know. shows can change studios. I think yahari from last season switched studios. That or it was just the animation teams, idk

i think that mainly happens when shows get really popular or sell very well, which i dont think is the case with any of manglobe's shows. havent really checked on gangsta's sales, but im pretty sure things like overlord and charlotte are much higher.

Edited by Gore

You never know. shows can change studios. I think yahari from last season switched studios. That or it was just the animation teams, idk

This does happen. For example, Log Horizon went from AIC to Studio DEEN for its second season. Persona went from AIC to A-1 for Golden. Nanoha went from Seven Arcs to A-1 for Vivid. So, yeah. Studio changes do happen.

On another note, so hyped for Heavy Object tomorrow~

• Support Squad

Someone care to remind me why people were so hyped for Heavy Object?

They certainly didn't put their best foot forward.

Standard clusterfuck political system, mech battles without cool looking mechs, pointless sexualisation of characters and a couple of naive and youthful dipshits as the main characters. Seems to be set up for a standard "War is hell" story. The only thing that stood out to me was the old engineer lady because she wasn't a fapmagnet like I was expecting.

Not a good impression, by any means.

If I even knew what that was... I couldn't cause I don't do the hype thing. I don't get exicted for anything before seeing the actual project, or at least part of it is out. It's kinda a personal thing... I don't do it for games either, pre-ordering trilers etc... for games and similar things for other medias... just don;t get me excited about anyting. It's jsut the way I work, I dunno XD.

• Support Squad

Aside from OPM, it's the second notable non-sequel release I've been hearing about. Which lowers my expectations of the season a lot. Because I really was not happy with that first episode. Only thing to keep me coming back is the 3 episode rule.

it's just a first episode lol. im hyped for it mainly cause its railgun/index's writer, but ive got to admit this first episode really didnt seem like anything special, and the fan service was just awkward and pointless.

one thing i learned tho, especially with the summer season, is that a first episode really means nothing in the end, as most of the shows that started out good turned out shit and the ones that had a meh start got much better.

noragami was great tho. just awesome like the first season, really excited to see the bishamon arc fully adapted.

Edited by Gore

• Support Squad

We'll have to disagree. In so much of media, the first episode is incredibly important. It naturally has so much power over the tone of the series and is meant to draw the audience in, first impressions are important man. Hell, the same rule can be applied to anime openings. what with setting the tone and first impressions. Not as important as the ending of a series but still important.

And I now recognise that the dialogue was reminiscent of Toaru. Thing is, I always thought that was a weak point of the franchise. The main reason I stuck around past the first index season was because the world and characters were interesting. Hopefully that reflects in the show later on but for now, meh.

in the media, sure. but in that aspect, there are other things that matter a lot more than first impressions, such as names and industries.

take charlotte as an example. first 4 episodes or so were fine, and if it had stayed that way it wouldve been an ok series, nothing amazing but definitely not horrible as it became. yet the writer chose to make it a rushed mess while copying steins;gate and trying super hard to make it as dark as possible for no actual reason. yet, despite being so shitty, it's still number one in the summer anime sales, because p.a. works and jun maeda. no other reason.

in the end, i couldnt care less about first impressions or other people's opinions on the show, as they dont affect how much i will enjoy them. unless they sell so bad and dont get a sequel because of that.

by the way, im not sure if you've read the synopsis yet but i just did and this actually intrigues me a bit:

Qwenthur came to the Alaskan military base to study Objects, the new weapons that have completely revolutionized war as we know it—battles are fought by soldiers controlling Objects far away from harm; however, when he starts to get close to Object pilot Milinda, will he discover the grim truth behind Heavy Objects?

so, again, im definitely looking forward to next week. really expecting this to get better.

The first eps of gakusen toshi asterisk and rakudai Kishi no Cavalry, were prety nice aswell, despite a good amount of generic stuff like the school, boy meets girl that hates him for seeing her underwear setting, it´s pretty interesting I would say. Also interestingly enough both shows have many similarities and a dark tone (beginning asterisk and ending from cavalry).

meh, they seem pretty shit so far. nothing special comparing to standard garbage ecchi/harems, but ill give them three episodes to see if they get any better. comet lucifer is also the same, nothing different has happened so far, its just a gurren lagann/no game no life wannabe.

one show that managed to pick my interest, however, was concrete revolutio. man, what the fuck is even going on with this anime? i dont know what the hell studio bones is smoking but im loving it, and i cant wait to see more of this show. it gives me that panty and stocking cartoon-like feel along with flcl's wtf-crazy action, magical girls, giant super heros and a badass pink haired protagonist. also dat trippy ending.

• Support Squad

its just a gurren lagann/no game no life wannabe.

CL didn't remind of either of those. it gave me the strongest vibes of Eureka 7 I've seen in a while. And that is not a bad thing at all. It was just nice to watch. There wasn't any exposition, like at all unless you count the vague af opening narration. The show just let the world speak for itself, which was really nice. Not Amazing, but nice.

Also Kekkai Sensen, after stalling a season, finally released it's finale and to be honest, I'm glad they paused to finish it properly because that was a really, really good ending to watch. In hindsight it satisfies next to no questions about the world but, to be honest I don't care about the world. I'm just happy the story had a well done resolution.

I had to rewatch the darn series since its been so long since I watched it :T

I was somewhat satisfied with the ending, pretty good overall despite how confusing and random it can be but that's also what made it special for that season. I would be surprised if they continued it to be honest.

I had to rewatch the darn series since its been so long since I watched it :T

I was somewhat satisfied with the ending, pretty good overall despite how confusing and random it can be but that's also what made it special for that season. I would be surprised if they continued it to be honest.

It has potential though, the story about his sister is far from complete and they showed the King of Despair (Watchmen) in a new vessel after the ending.

ah, finally an ecchi/harem that doesnt seem bland. besides those generic ecchi moments, taimadou gakuen interests me to say the least. hoping it doesnt try too hard to be edgy while failing in the writing. other than that, im really looking forward to this one.

the perfect insider was ok. not that good comparing to sakurako-san or some other things airing this season, but ill give it two more episodes.

Edited by Gore

owari no seraph second cour

so far, not too bad. im glad yuu no longer acts like an annoying little shit whose entire character depth can be summed up with "FCKIN VAMPIRES KILLED MY FAMILY, ILL KILL THE VAMPIRES, ILL KILL THEM ALL". the human experiments have an interesting premise too, as they bring up that good old question of "are the vampires really the only bad guys?".

the only issues i had were more about how some things were presented, i.e. the script. for example, the reveal of shinoa's sister being guren's weapon couldve been done so much better, if it was given more time and hints until being revealed. the way they just threw it out there made me feel like "uh... ok" when it shouldve been something pretty big imo. even the reveal of the human experiments couldve been done so much better, not to mention that it needs a lot of explanation from now on. all we know about it is that guren admitted doing it, we dont even know how these experiments work and the exact reason why they're doing it. the story or events alone arent bad per say, but this show just suffers a lot from amateur writing when it comes to presenting certain things.

dat fripside op tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnPp0KAPXkI

gakusen toshi asterisk

still nothing special but a bunch of harem cliches mashed up together. that new kuudere blue haired loli with sleepy eyes and monotone voice is just a copy of the other ones that have already appeared in anime countless times. the female lead is just another uninteresting tsundere and the other chick is just a blondie with big tits who likes to tease the protagonist. speaking of, he's dense and uninteresting as hell so far.

im also already expecting some kind of shitty twist where the weapons they use are actually something like the humans that have lost in a bunch of duels and had their souls sucked up into them. and the protagonist's sister is inside the weapon which he conveniently had high compatibility with.

the only thing good about this series is the opening. will likely drop this in a few more episodes if it doesnt do something new or special in some way.

rakudai kishi no cavalry

feelings are similar to gakusen toshi asterisk, but this is slightly more interesting. the protagonist isnt a dense little shit, at least. and ive heard from light novel readers that this is not a harem, which surprises me because so far it's filled with harem cliches. ill give it more episodes and patience, i think.

• Support Squad

HO:

Still not really impressed by this. Granted the visuals are good, the world is solid if not too fantastic. It's still nothing I couldn't get by playing some Valkyria chronicles but eh, whatever.

Owari: Feels like there's been more sheer plot progression in this one episode than in the first half of last season, they jammed so much shit into this episode. For better or for worse. I still like Guren. I still like Shinoa. All good.

Fairy Tail: Funnily enough, I'm enjoying this the most right now. I dunno if it was just an accident but they timed it so that whilst everything else is building up the starts of each anime, Fairy Tail is hitting one of the highest points in this show to date. They're at one of those moments that make shounens so popular, the moments where all the sitting through constant exposition and stupid filler is validated because of the fantastic combination of action, music, plot progression and- believe it or not- character development. Right now, Fairy Tail is approaching a crescendo in the spotlight with nothing else approaching it, because they're all just starting up.

EDIT: I might end up watching Rakudai solely for the opening btw

EDIT: I might end up watching Rakudai solely for the opening btw

Yeah the opening and ending dont match the show at all atm wich is confusing, although gore said that the LN apperently isnt a harem were these would match again, I wonder how they are going to turn this around.