Summer/Fall Anime Season 2015

Felicity

• Support Squad

andre had nothing going either, bar the hairy nipple

And yet he's the one who stood up to her.

Seriously, how is she so freaking strong? Calisthenics and exercise only gets you so far mang,

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

So, the new Charlotte happened.

MAN if I didn't already love Nao I would nao now. She so casually accepts Yu's story and offers to help without hesitation, and is the only one that actually manages to assist at the end. The only thing Dana and I thought of that might still be a major issue is because time travel, her brother is back in his previous state, so I really hope that ends up resolved again because Nao must be protected helped him without a second thought despite such a crazy story; I feel like it would be unfair to her if her issue's resolution was undone for the sake of Yu's. I also wonder if Yu going back in time has removed the time leap ability because it wasn't his to begin with. This was a nice episode but at the same time I don't want to be lulled into a false sense of security that everything's better now. Time travel doesn't work like that.

I also have a new avatar in mind because I don't feel quite as "bleh" as I did when I picked this one, but I'm waiting until people have had time to watch the new episode.

• Support Squad

So, the new Charlotte happened.

MAN if I didn't already love Nao I would nao now. She so casually accepts Yu's story and offers to help without hesitation, and is the only one that actually manages to assist at the end. The only thing Dana and I thought of that might still be a major issue is because time travel, her brother is back in his previous state, so I really hope that ends up resolved again because Nao must be protected helped him without a second thought despite such a crazy story; I feel like it would be unfair to her if her issue's resolution was undone for the sake of Yu's. I also wonder if Yu going back in time has removed the time leap ability because it wasn't his to begin with. This was a nice episode but at the same time I don't want to be lulled into a false sense of security that everything's better now. Time travel doesn't work like that.

I also have a new avatar in mind because I don't feel quite as "bleh" as I did when I picked this one, but I'm waiting until people have had time to watch the new episode.

See, I really can't get on with how casually Nao accepted it. She's a cool character and all, sure, but her actions always strike me as what everyone ~thinks~ they would do. Friend comes back claiming they've travelled through time? Of course I'd accept that. He needs me to dress up as a middle schooler to help him save his supposedly soon to be dead sister? Alright. It just doesn't sound natural, it seems forced to me.

Otherwise I have a few other general gripes with this episode that unfortunately can't be solved due to the series length seeing as they likely had to rush this episode a bit. You'd think that after Yuus breakdown, the moment he goes back and gets to see his sister would be an important moment, right? And how the hell did he know where to hide for several hours so he could burst out and save his sister? That's a plothole I can't reconcile with, not after watching steins;gate recently which had way more convoluted time travel shenanigans to deal with.

• Administrators

See, I really can't get on with how casually Nao accepted it. She's a cool character and all, sure, but her actions always strike me as what everyone ~thinks~ they would do. Friend comes back claiming they've travelled through time? Of course I'd accept that. He needs me to dress up as a middle schooler to help him save his supposedly soon to be dead sister? Alright. It just doesn't sound natural, it seems forced to me.

Otherwise I have a few other general gripes with this episode that unfortunately can't be solved due to the series length seeing as they likely had to rush this episode a bit. You'd think that after Yuus breakdown, the moment he goes back and gets to see his sister would be an important moment, right? And how the hell did he know where to hide for several hours so he could burst out and save his sister? That's a plothole I can't reconcile with, not after watching steins;gate recently which had way more convoluted time travel shenanigans to deal with.

I can admit the second half as somewhat sketchy, although they were close enough to see the building collapse when it happened the first time, so that at least gives him a general idea as to where to be. As for Nao, though, I think it makes sense. Just before he traveled back, it was shown that she knows about things that he doesn't- or, didn't, the first time- like his brother (and presumably his brother's time leap ability as a result) and the real form of his own power. It wouldn't be hard to put that together, and given the circumstances and environment their conversation afterward was in, I think it's fair for her to assume he wouldn't be making a story like that up. Or maybe she didn't actually believe his story, but chose to act first and ask questions later, in case he wasn't lying. We're talking about the major siscon here- his sister's life is one of the most important things to him and she cares about her as well to an extent; I wouldn't take any chances. Even before that, they had the conversation in the student council room about the Collapse ability, and Yu spoke up almost immediately that it was probably his sister. We know from past episodes that it's common for more than one sibling to have abilities if one does already.

Admittedly, once time travel came into play I expected things to get a little odd, and a part of me expected to be a little upset if his sister was saved, because it would completely invalidate the character (un??)development he had between episodes 6-7 due to the loss of his sister. But, I think it's alright because he took the experience back with him and will probably stay the better person that he became as a result, without the need for his sister dying. NOW GO AND SAVE NAO'S BROTHER AGAIN

• Support Squad

Flamie QQ

Holy shit, spontaneity is the name of this episode. Sure, there were romantic subtexts between Flamie and Adlet but for him to come out with it this quickly? It was really well done and satisfied the cynical part of my mind due to it's refreshing change from the drawn ou nature of romance in anime. Things are drastically coming to a conclusion now but perhaps not in the best way. Certainly this show does not give off happy ending vibes and over time the idea of plot armour got frailer and frailer over time. Someone's dying, and it may not be the seventh.

This is becoming my favourite of this season, though Shokugeki no souma is still my favourite overall. Thank god it got so many eps.

speaking of, the wrap up for block B was cool and I'm happy megumi and aldini got through. I'm just sad we're not going to get anymore actual shokugekiis for a while, even if I'm damn sure this is getting another season.

• Support Squad

I WASNT READY FOR GORIKI ;-;

EXACTLY

I WASN'T READY AND I PAUSED JUST AS THE FRAME CHANGED TO SHOW HIM I WAS SAT STARING WITH MY JAW DROPPING TO THE CORE OF THE EARTH I WAS NOT READY

Charlotte

I'm kind of glad they didn't go madoka magica route and acted over-dramatic about fate wanting to kill Ayumi or something like that. At the same time though, I'm a bit unsatisfied that things turned out this easily. Poor Yandere-chan tho, they didn't have to traumatize her that much :[[[.

Shimoneta

Fuck, where do I even begin. Goriki's underwear, Anna acting even crazier or Kosuri in the end? Anyway, this episode was fantastic as per usual.

Rokka no Yuusha

I KNEW IT. I WAS SO RIGHT NOT TO TRUST NASHETANYA'S SMILE ON THE LAST EPISODE dat yandere face tho. Maura also went full berserk, damn. She's still a potential fake, but my money is on Nashetanya now.

Also, those moments between Flamie and Adlet were just beautiful. I've loved her from the beginning and I almost cried when she saved Adlet like that. Speaking of, I also love the protagonist in this show. He somewhat seemed to be a cliche shounen protagonist in the first episode, though he turned out completely different. Comparing to the other braves, he might not even be the strongest as he proclaims, but he's one hell of a smart guy.

• Support Squad

In Naruto the titular character claimed he would be the Hokage

In One Piece Luffy claims he will be the Pirate king.

In Bleach Ichigo is sworn to save Rukia and then on defeat Aizen.

Adlet? He is already the Strongest Man in the world.

besides, Rokka no yuusha is not a shounen at all. Instead of building up a steady reservoir of quirky characters the entire show revolves around 7 very well developed character and paces things far better.

Srs doe, the only non standout character is Goldov, simply because he hasn't had much screentime and whenever he was around he was overshadowed by Nashetanya. If it does turn out to be her I feel like Goldovs going to get his 15 minutes of fame.

I'm expecting a little development on Goldof now too. It's no surprise he's been irrelevant up until now given how limited his personality is. Not just her turning out to be the fake, but Nashetanya's mere attitude change is most likely going to trigger him to develop now, so my hope isn't completely lost on him yet. But like you said, it'll probably just end up being 5~15 minutes of background and whatnot; then they'll just give up on him and focus on the characters that are the most interesting right now, i.e. Adlet, Nashetanya, Flamie and Maura. I hope they at least do the little development he'll get well because, as of now, he feels really one-dimensional comparing to the remaining six braves.

• Support Squad

Well we see all of the development of the characters through their interactions. I'd love to see an interaction between him and Adlet, Hans or Chamot. Adlet cuz the percieved contention for Nashetanyas affections and Chamot or Hans because I feel like they would have the most interesting perspectives on his crush, Hans showing a taste for some philosophy and Chamot being twisted as she is

Agreed. Also, I took a small peek at the next LN chapter and I think I can confirm that he will get quite some screen time on the next episode, as I saw his name written on the dialogues very often.

Btw, can we just take a moment to look at Nashetanya freaking the fuck out again?

IuMiKiw.gif

vfZfQcw.png

and also... THIS

S9tpIlL.gif

Now, now. One crazy face is not a reason to suspect Nachetanya. Though I have to admit, Yoko Hikasa did a fantastic performance right there. She's been on a roll this season with Maria and Nachetanya.

Right now Maura has gone insane. Nachetanya has cut loose. At this point, I am certain the anime will follow the novel.

A little fun fact. The novel's prologue was set during the middle of Nachetanya's onslaught against Adlet. The story is told with Nachetanya's attack first. So now, you'll see how competent Nachetanya can be.

I'm actually not so impressed with the first episode of one punch man. then again i wasnt a fan of the early chapters of the web comic either. when it actually gets released and more episodes come out i might start watching more. Animation is great so far, but that's to be expected from Madhouse. as far as an adaptation goes i think they nail it on the head. final verdict

10/10 it's dumb show that you can just turn your brain off and enjoy.

Wait, what? It's already been released?! WHEN did this happen?!

also to answer this. the first episode got leaked on Niconico television. the actual show wont be released until october 4th

FJZJDNWJSNDNHYPEEEEEEE

I'll actually wait till it gets subbed, though I could probably understand half of the things from the raw version. I might end up just waiting till it starts airing too, since I'll get too into the show and thus be annoyed while waiting for the following episodes to come out.

「C」ollapse

「H」ypnotism

「A」scertainment

「R」emove memories

「L」ooting

「O」bscure

「T」ime leap

「T」eleport

「E」vocation

• from an admin of a Charlotte fanpage on FB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjz6L4Eti9w

Rough Translation

What is that???

You can do it.

We don't have time to be hesitating.

We can't do it.

Release those two immidately.

The collapse (Ayumi's ability) is happening.

AAAAAAAAA

It happened with Ayumi as well.

AAAAAA

It's too late, the moment you realise she's gone.

• Administrators

OH BOY, HERE IT COMES

EDIT: I guess I should say a bit more than that, so

Assuming that's where the name comes from, we have, in that order:

Ayumi

...orange-haired girl I don't recall the name of

Pooh Kumagami

...blue-haired guy I don't recall the name of

Yu

Nao

Shunsuke

Takajo

Yusa

If that is the case, the gang's all here. Maybe Charlotte is the name of their "organization" given the title of the episode, since the name Charlotte itself is supposed to mean something along the lines of "freedom." But that leaves out the comet in the logo. idk I never was good at finding less-than-obvious messages.

Also sorry for not having much to say about the other anime; I haven't been watching anything else this season because I've been watching older things.