Summer/Fall Anime Season 2015

Felicity

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Support Squad

Nah. The final crucial piece of evidence that singles out the Seventh will be revealed next episode sadly...along with something very interesting and jaw-dropping at the end of the season. Heh...

On another note, I told you people that you had enough evidence to determine the howdunnit two weeks ago. :P

well yeah, it was literally Chekovs shit EVERYWHERE, with like 5 small mentions of the crucial puzzle pieces. Which is fine and all, blew my mind, but NOBODY got that before the reveal.

Seriously though, the weather was mentioned what, once? Seeing as we, the audience, can't exactly feel the climate there temperature isn't something anyone considers when watching something.

The Liura thing was better though, she was mentioned several times, at least in the LN is certainly was as far as I've gotten

well yeah, it was literally Chekovs shit EVERYWHERE, with like 5 small mentions of the crucial puzzle pieces. Which is fine and all, blew my mind, but NOBODY got that before the reveal.

Seriously though, the weather was mentioned what, once? Seeing as we, the audience, can't exactly feel the climate there temperature isn't something anyone considers when watching something.

The Liura thing was better though, she was mentioned several times, at least in the LN is certainly was as far as I've gotten

My point from earlier exactly.

Go back to the general structure of Adlet's theory. Take this theory, and then go back through the dialogue from the previous episodes (including the episodes before they even reached the temple where the barrier's altar is). Look back through their dialogue, minor off-hand comments from the characters. Then, connect it to Adlet's theory. You might find something interesting.

Even though the supernatural is in play, this is still very much a traditional mystery. All of the clues to deduce how the Seventh could have tricked them have been presented. Now, it's just the viewer's job to deduce it.

Edited by Hiss13

i finally understand why hiss likes rokka no yuusha

dat science > magic moment tho

admit it

Ehh...until the most recent volume of Index, magic has been overwhelming science. The top guns of the science side still have a very hard time against the top guns of the magic side. They could do naught against

Archangel Gabriel, Fiamma of the Right, and the Magic Gods until the most recent volume.

Then again, Touma is not necessarily science side either. XD

My reason for liking RnY is more due to the fact that the first volume created a mystery that drew me in and kept me going for the ride.

• Support Squad

RnY was also good because of how well each of the 7 characters were developed and what makes them unique in a genre where it's easy to stick to tropey stereotypical characters. Doesn't hurt that the designs are awesome af

If Adlet dies btw I'm breaking my laptop. You aren't going to see me.

he was pretty injured though, and its not the first time a protagonist would get killed :l.

on a side note, i just remembered about something:

if the seventh's plan was to fake that the barrier had been activated and then activate it themselves, doesnt that mean they must've done it at some point when they entered the temple?

if so, my money's still on nashetanya, and the activation method would be to break the stone tablet. that's the only "suspicious" thing someone did on the altar anyway.

he was pretty injured though, and its not the first time a protagonist would get killed :l.

on a side note, i just remembered about something:

if the seventh's plan was to fake that the barrier had been activated and then activate it themselves, doesnt that mean they must've done it at some point when they entered the temple?

if so, my money's still on nashetanya, and the activation method would be to break the stone tablet. that's the only "suspicious" thing someone did on the altar anyway.

Well, based on that logic, there are three people who it could be, then.

Adlet, Goldov, or Nachetanya. But I like this idea of yours.

As for Adlet dying…depends on how the anime producers want to adapt this. I would not say it's impossible seeing as episode 12 is the final episode but seeing as that scene was adapted, I have my doubts that they'll kill Adlet off. Besides, MCs have suffered worse and gotten away with it.

Oh this again... Yeeeeeea. I'm still not sure sorta not sure with the premise etc... but so many people are talking about it and saying it's really good. My lord I'm so conflicted lol.

Making really hard for me not to check it out... reminding me of my friend who got me to watch Kill la Kill, which I told him straight up I would never watch he'd have to do some dark magic to make it happen... he apparently knows some. I'm starting to think you two do as well.... Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh.... damn my curiosity to hell...

• Support Squad

The thing about PS is that it's ether flat out revolting or very, very interesting and in-depth. If you take it at face value, you get a silly, uncomfortable show with fancy art, and I say art and not animation for a reason (JUST LOOK AT THE FACES!), and over sexualised women and violence.

Look any deeper into it, and i admit this treads on hipster territory, you can start to see ~why~ the sexualisation, violence and body humour are used. You start to realise that this uncomfortable atmosphere makes it a lot easier for tension to build in the moments when it matters and the pay off is fantastic.

rokka no yuusha

FUCKING CALLED IT THE BROKEN STONE TABLET THO decent finale but great twists (i.e. nashetanya's true personality and the other brave that was introduced). overall, i loved these series too much. definitely my favorite anime of the summer season. BUT THIS NEEDS A SEQUEL SO FUCKING BAD NOW :[[[.

also, upon checking out some fanart, something tells me nashetanya is still going to have a relevant role in the story. that's good because i really want to see some more background on her. i liked the personality shift but it really needs to be further expanded and justified.

tumblr_ntrxa9sWQ51rvkjhco1_500.jpg

tumblr_numbnpohTZ1s6ow2io3_540.jpg

ALSO CHAMOT AND HANS' CHILDISH RELATIONSHIP IS FUCKING GREAT XD

tumblr_nuxxl2QhE91qlomhno1_1280.png

tumblr_nuxxl2QhE91qlomhno2_1280.png

tumblr_nuxxl2QhE91qlomhno3_1280.png

tumblr_nuxxl2QhE91qlomhno4_1280.png

• Support Squad

I over-hyped myself to shit on the RnY finale.

First, I was right about Naschetanya for the wrong reasons. Tits.

Second, the way they presented her reasons, which naturally are meant to be properly delved into later of course, was eerrrrrg kinda shit.

Third, idk about you guys, but it looked like the show finally ran out of budget on this episode. The serious lack of action, the cop out where Naschetanya escapes with some fiend voodoo bullshit, and really just a few key frames had a serious downgrade in quality. The characters looked good enough when it mattered though (Flamie blushing made me D'AWWW so hard)

Fourth, I kinda wish they had a little more time for the characters to interact and reflect on what the fuck just happened. Like that's just going to blow over so quickly? Fuuuck no. Definitely reading the LNs to see if that is fixed

Fifth, we lose Naschetanya for the megane kawaii sugoi blood saint? Gtfo of here, Idek you and I am shunning you for not being one of my beloved characters

Sixth, they reverted to the original opening, which makes sense but still sets me on a bad sitting

Seven, the atmosphere has flicked back to that adventurous sense that it started with. I almost dropped the show in the beginning because I didn't like that atmosphere and I hope the "new" fiend bad guy is as deceptive and intelligent as Naschetanya was when going about things

The ending is paramount to my experience with an anime and this one felt like a rushed cop out that my love for the rest of the series cannot negate. They could have ended it a lot better but, like I said, you could see the budget was running low and they had to get a buttload of info out the door quick. It's a shame, they were actually at a perfect stopping point in the series but, it is what it is.

Oh and Charlotte and Shimoneta were aight The love nectar rainbow became a circle \o/

ROKKA NO YUUSHA INTRODUCED ITS OWN VERSION OF FAMILY GUYS MEG! FUCK YOU MEG!

rokka no yuusha

FUCKING CALLED IT THE BROKEN STONE TABLET THO decent finale but great twists (i.e. nashetanya's true personality and the other brave that was introduced). overall, i loved these series too much. definitely my favorite anime of the summer season. BUT THIS NEEDS A SEQUEL SO FUCKING BAD NOW :[[[.

also, upon checking out some fanart, something tells me nashetanya is still going to have a relevant role in the story. that's good because i really want to see some more background on her. i liked the personality shift but it really needs to be further expanded and justified.

RnY

From my bro who's reading the Light novels she definitely remains a relevant character to the plot overall. Not going to say how just that she's definitely still a part of it. From what he's said without spoiling anything too major he's told me that they do justify it or less as the story goes.

On the actual episode for the ending though... did feel kinda... strange. I dunno felt rushed etc... however I already knew who the culprit was since I figured it out and it was confirmed off-handily by my little bro. [it was something he accidentally said while I was talking to him. Most people probably wouldn't have picked up on it in reality I just know how he works so it made it click for me way too easy] don't know if I can quite properly assess it for that reason. Bah... I liked the series it's just eh, the ending was a bit lacklustre I suppose lol.

I still enjoyed the whole thing though and it was very fun while it lasted. Hopefully we will see more of it but I dunno if we will or not lol. Guess time will tell.