[SPOILER] Character Speculation

andrew5629

With Version 6 released, we have gotten an updated plot and some additional events. With the drastic change and some plot progression (ending Act 1), where do our heroes go? That's what we're here to discuss. I'll start off with a character and we discuss their connections to the other characters as well as possible speculation of what will happen to them later on in the future. To keep this thread pretty active, I'll introduce a different character to talk about when our discussion has run its course or the thread has become inactive.

First up, we have a character who arguably imo is the most important character to the central plot. She was introduced to us very early and has been with us for the majority of the plot. Now with Act 1 concluded and the pace of the story speeding up, what is in store for this certain person/people?

Melia

IzFKCbq.pngQafnrMO.png

Melia has been with us since the beginning, being introduced to us as a girl with special powers (To attract shiny Pokemon). We accompany her to Goldenwood Forest where our first encounter with Team Xen sheds more light about her. For some reason, Team Xen wants her, BAD. Why? We don't know. Early on, we find out that she is adopted by Professor Jenner and has been brought to him by Team Xen's Madelis. Later on in the plot, we learn that Melia is needed by Madame X for a purpose. Because she was incompatible with her plans, she creates Zetta from a Solosis. Along with this, we also have the fact that Melia might be connected to Marianette in some way. In the prologue, we learn that a young Marianette has been sacrificed to Arceus along with her mother. However, when Angie tries to do the same to Melia, we learn that Melia is connected to Marianette as she feels "as if I experienced it before". Just who is Melia? And what connections does she have with these people?

Possible discussion also pertaining to Melia:

zpKH43J.pngIMKOcxZ.pngHiGo5Ly.pngHznlFYp.png

Edited by andrew5629

This is pretty open-ended, but I think Marianette was born with special powers and that Indriad is not her her birth father. Wishing to hone in on her powers to boost his connections with Arceus, he tried, again and again to sacrifice her, to no avail. As Marianette realizes in the redone plot, she can't be sacrificed, and Indriad is a liar.

So what does that mean? Either she is immortal somehow and/Or she got split somewhere along the line. In the redone Blacksteeple Castle, it is told to you that there exists a secret second area that is inaccessible to all the Xen members, even Néved. Except for one; Madame X. Perhaps that area is where Marianette lived for so long, and perhaps a connection with X is why she is able to visit the second castle area. Emma/Melia doesn't try to enter the second castle, but I'm sure she could.

The 'supernatural characters' introduced so far in the game:

Melia: obviously ate some crazy shit for breakfast, she's super powerful and seems to have the straightest ideals out of them all.

Crescent: very powerful and seems to have a lot of hypnosis effects going on. The Mewtwo on Valor Mountain seemed to be forcefully in her debt, although hypnotized to believe that she was doing it on her own accord. Crescent hates Team Xen but seems not to care about anyone else, she just wants to kill all of Xen. She could perhaps idealize Truth.

Nim: Psychic powers, but doesn't seem to have too much larger of a role than just that. She did just get re-tooled by Crescent to be a new person entirely, however.

Zetta: Copy of Melia, shows us that she has the power to do Dimensional Rifts if she wanted to.

Madame X: We don't know anything about her. Perhaps she symbolizes Void/Absence.

This all being said, perhaps there will be some sort of Original Dragon plot going on, where Marianette is friends with the OD and then gets split into the three forms embodying each a dragon. This would be strange given that none of them have the dragons and that the game has a heavy plot in sinnoh dragons/Arceus, but it could happen.

I wouldn't say she turn pokemon in shiny. Didn't the game stated that shiny pokemon are attracted to meila?

Correct.

Oopsies, guess I didn't read that correctly.

I feel like Melia, Madame X, and Marianette are all the same, but represents different age groups.

Marianette could be the young girl that obeys her father and remains that way, Melia could the older one who freed herself from her father and represents the good, and Madame X could the older one who felt she has lost all hope and decided to become evil to fulfill her goals. If I want to go on a stretch, I could say that Crescent separated them so that the good side (Melia and Marianette) could live while the evil (Madame X) could be vanquished.

• Veterans

There's also the thing in the New Blacksteeple Prison....Neved says that Melia reminds him of his daughter.....now the question is who is his daughter? He says that the reason he continues to stay in Team Xen is because of his daughter....this either means that she's being held hostage or....Someone high up in Team Xen IS his daughter........

• Veterans

These are certainly interesting views on the matter, tbh. But are there any other characters you have theories about too aside from melia?

Edited by Zumi

There's also the thing in the New Blacksteeple Prison....Neved says that Melia reminds him of his daughter.....now the question is who is his daughter? He says that the reason he continues to stay in Team Xen is because of his daughter....this either means that she's being held hostage or....Someone high up in Team Xen IS his daughter........

You're onto something, but he was talking to Melia pretending to be Emma, not Melia. Still a valid point though, although maybe its because he thinks Xen plans will somehow help his daughter out in the long run.

These are certainly interesting views on the matter, tbh.

I think I might keep an eye on this topic for a bit about what y'all think it is, huhuhu

Hehe I pulled mine out of nowhere so

If you restart from the beginning, when you battle her for the first time, she says the normal gym leader passed away recently, and her new team is composed of nothing but normal types, the type Marianette specializes in...so I'm pretty sure that they're the same person. Also, remember what happened at Angie's? I'm almost positive.

Edited by superiorserperior

Wait. So if Melia was incompatible with Madame X's plans, and Zetta was created... Doesn't that theoretically mean that Melia has the power to do something that rivals the power of creating a dimensional rift?

As for other characters... Isn't Crescent just a bag of sunshine? I'm curious about these Spacea and Tiempa people though. They definitely altered space and time, because while it hasn't been that long for everyone else, for Melia it's been 3-…*static*.

Was away for three days, sorry about that, but let's get into some of the other characters!

WLJXQrm.png

Neved

Neved is one interesting character. We find out about him during the Blacksteeple Castle saga, where he explains that Emma (Melia) reminds him a lot of his daughter. Just who is Neved? Why is he so pro-Team Xen?

Also discuss his connections to these following characters:

Kw2sMvL.pngAMpp9Wc.png

I believe Indriad is connected to Angie, probably taking the poor woman and brainwashing her. Neved is definitely mysterious though, we only encounter him in the beginning on the ship and on Blacksteeple Prison/Castle. Do we really know his role? What position does he hold in Team Xen and what is his relevance?