Thoughts on Pokemon Godra?

MoneyMadam

I just started playing it as of right now so I wanted to see what all of you guys that have played it could say about it. :o Just so I can get a better idea of what this game will be like in general~

• Global Mods

I think the different choices and career paths is neat, and the fact you get to choose which part of the region you live in.

I stopped playing because I was unable to continue, though. Basically, I needed an HM that's in a cave (I was playing in East Godra) which required me to solve tile puzzles. I found the completed puzzles somewhere in the Graphics folder and used those to do them, but couldn't figure out how to confirm I was finished with the puzzle. I tried every letter key on my keyboard, and the one key that worked was to opt out/cancel trying to solve it.

I found the thread for the game on a RPG Maker forum and made an account so I could ask the creator, but I couldn't post in the thread or send them a PM. I guess you have to have so many posts or have been a member for a certain amount of time in order to use some features and boards there.

Edited by Ice Cream Sand Witch

I think the different choices and career paths is neat, and the fact you get to choose which part of the region you live in.

I stopped playing because I was unable to continue, though. Basically, I needed an HM that's in a cave (I was playing in East Godra) which required me to solve tile puzzles. I found the completed puzzles somewhere in the Graphics folder and used those to do them, but couldn't figure out how to confirm I was finished with the puzzle. I tried every letter key on my keyboard, and the one key that worked was to opt out/cancel trying to solve it.

I found the thread for the game on a RPG Maker forum and made an account so I could ask the creator, but I couldn't post in the thread or send them a PM. I guess you have to have so many posts or have been a member for a certain amount of time in order to use some features and boards there.

Damn that really sucks. :/ How far into the game were you at that point?

I finished West Godra but I can't enter East Godra so that's pretty much it.

I never joined the military for some reason and the story was alright. Nothing really caught my intentions unless I should of gone for the evil deeds.

Heck, West Godra doesn't have an Eevee so that sucks for me. =(

• Global Mods

Damn that really sucks. :/ How far into the game were you at that point?

I had 6 badges. The cave with the tile puzzles actually appears a few towns before the city with the 7th gym, but in that city the HM (IIRC it was Strength) is needed to explore an icy cave where the Gym Leader is.

Edited by Ice Cream Sand Witch

I finished West Godra but I can't enter East Godra so that's pretty much it.

I never joined the military for some reason and the story was alright. Nothing really caught my intentions unless I should of gone for the evil deeds.

Heck, West Godra doesn't have an Eevee so that sucks for me. =(

Yeah, it seems like there's only benefits on the east side... xD

I do like the choices, but apparently there are a whole lot of typos and tile errors and whatnot, and I can't bring myself to play a game like that. Plus the game doesn't seem to give you a sense of direction and you just have to walk around cluelessly trying to progress. Maybe in the future, while it's all polished up. That's why I gave it a 6/10 rating on my suggestion thread here, unless it's actually pretty good.

I tried it for a bit but didn't particularly like it - the game felt too empty to me personally (ie. even if there are a lot of choices the paths just weren't very interesting and most parts of the map had seemingly no point to them) - it didn't seem like it really had enough time/testing devoted to it for what's necessary for a game of that scope (admittedly, it's really really hard to make open ended games so it's not like I hold it against the creator, but my point stands).

I agree, it was very directionless. I feel like at least a graphical revamp would make the region interesting enough to at least want to explore, but it felt really tedious wandering aimlessly the whole time. I do love the concept, but yes, it needs some polishing. I did enjoy it enough to play quite a lot, at least. I loved all of the choices available to us.

I do like the choices, but apparently there are a whole lot of typos and tile errors and whatnot, and I can't bring myself to play a game like that. Plus the game doesn't seem to give you a sense of direction and you just have to walk around cluelessly trying to progress. Maybe in the future, while it's all polished up. That's why I gave it a 6/10 rating on my suggestion thread here, unless it's actually pretty good.

I tried it for a bit but didn't particularly like it - the game felt too empty to me personally (ie. even if there are a lot of choices the paths just weren't very interesting and most parts of the map had seemingly no point to them) - it didn't seem like it really had enough time/testing devoted to it for what's necessary for a game of that scope (admittedly, it's really really hard to make open ended games so it's not like I hold it against the creator, but my point stands).

I agree, it was very directionless. I feel like at least a graphical revamp would make the region interesting enough to at least want to explore, but it felt really tedious wandering aimlessly the whole time. I do love the concept, but yes, it needs some polishing. I did enjoy it enough to play quite a lot, at least. I loved all of the choices available to us.

Tbh I completely agree with everyone at this point, it feels way to aimless to be a pokemon game. Hopefully it's a problem that'll be fixed for future reference.

• 4 months later...

I started on West Godra, and there is a eevee you can get there, just by the way. The game was pretty fun, big world, really enjoyed all the different possible starters, but it's still pretty buggy. I would strongly recommend creating a back-up of your save file, just in case a bug gets you, like me. (I can't get out of Mega Tower)
So overall pretty fun, but buggy, and yeah kinda directionless sometimes...

• 4 weeks later...

I played a while back. I chose East Godra and went to the academy to become a Pokeprof. and it was fun for the first in-game day, even if my room mate doesn't know left from right (she said our room in in the far left and it's in the far right). I talked to prof. Oak for his homework side mission and read his books in the library but the homework sheet doesn't do anything and when I try to go to sleep to skip to the finals the game asks me if I'm sure because I haven't finished my classes. and if I say yes and go to the finals no one shows up and I'm completely stuck.

Is it because I'm a female mc? was the room to the far left the male mc's room and the rightmost female mc's room wasn't fully programmed?

• 6 months later...

I'm gonna be honest and say that Godra bored me.

The lack of plot and characters made it seem empty. I didn't always know where to go and I felt like nothing was helping me keep going with anything in the game. I understand the concept and it's an interesting idea. However, because there was no plot at the beginning nor characters to back it somewhat up, the game didn't appeal to me. No one told me where to go.

I'm not saying it's a bad game, it was just to me very boring, as I am playing Pokémon games for the plot. Without a plot, I quit.

I loved the concept of having to take a quiz to pick your starter and the graphics were beautiful ~

Goodra is a game that could've been interesting, but the story was lacking. I also wish there would be custom sprites, like some more originality in the game would be great.

That being said, it is not the worst pokemon game that I've played. This game definitely has a lot of potential. I would say fix the story, add more stuff, and original protagonist games and it can be a good game.

Once that happens, I'll give this game another chance.

Pokemon Godra is DEAD, the project has been dead for awhile now. Last year I continued a little of the game but I eventually quit work on that as well.

https://www.facebook.com/Poke-mon-Spectral-Black-902571539831948/

Although I lost my backups and ended working on it.

I continued the Pokemon professor story line through the academy. Scripted most of the Legendary Pokemon into the game. Fixed a few bugs in some none working scripts. But never made it much further. Most of my support went to Phoenix Rising, which we believe will become on of the greatest Pokemon fan games of all Time.

if you want to support them head over here.

https://www.facebook.com/pokemonphoenixrising/?fref=ts

Edited by Tsw-Gaming-Nox

Cubchoo's one of the starters, if I remember correctly. They're not really chosen based on the rock/paper/scissors nature of most starter pools and don't quote me but I think you get a pool of more than 3? Like someone gives you a personality quiz then a choice of 3 starters???

It's been a while since I've touched Godra, just because I was stuck and now if I went back I'd have no clue where to go. Somewhere in the icelands, trying to train up a Gabite (yeah makes perfect sense.)

The game was last updated in June of 2015, and it sure sounds like it won't be updated again. However, there's plenty of "endings" attainable at its current version - and in a way, you can achieve more than one ending/job throughout a single playthrough, while sometimes decisions you make will blow any chance of achieving other endings.