[Spoilers] E16 Status Discussion

Amethyst

• Developers
Though guessing a character dying is hard since so many died. What, you thought there were only 3? Let me just list them for you:

Kiki's Medicham ain't dead. Cal is using it.

And the Aqua/Magma leader didn't reall die, he just left the 7th street after the last battle with protagonist right? Or did I miss something?

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the Aqua/Magma leader didn't reall die, he just left the 7th street after the last battle with protagonist right? Or did I miss something?

I assumed that he just caught and raised a Medicham and named it Kiki. Not to sure that Medicham can survive being submerged in lava atop of a volcano.

Although I think that the leader left, I don't think they died but not really sure

• Global Mods

Just edit it to say his dreams are dead and you'll be fine.

Btw didn't the Mysidia train personell and the underground pokemon salesman also die during the timeline?

If the underground Pokemon salesman you're talking about is the one who was selling the Pokemon on 7th Street, we didn't see what happen after Arclight went to handle it IIRC. But Arclight said we won't be seeing him again and that he won't do anything "out in the open", so it's a strong possibility.

That's definitely a different Medicham.

I mean there's literally no way it survived,

And even if it did :

1)Why would Medicham want anything to do with him?

2)How would he even get to it now that the entire island hates him?

I highly doubt Ame would kill off the cameo character because that'd mess with consistency with the normal Pokemon games. I'm still predicting it's Mr. Stone, though I could see it being Steven Stone probably due to old reborn shenanigans I wasn't around for. Still odd that 16 episodes later, it's the first time we see a cameo character so I have a feeling it's more linked to the plot than a side mission.

Though guessing a character dying is hard since so many died. What, you thought there were only 3? Let me just list them for you:

-The five other protags on the train

-The Fiancee on the train

-People who drink too much water

-Anyone in the factory when Julia blew it up

-People who lived in Obsidia Ward

-Pulse Tangrowth

-People who live in Jasper Ward

-Pulse Tangrowth...again

-The people who live in Beyrl Ward (though probably not as affected)

-That one police officer

-Pulse Tangrowth...he was meant to die

-Corey

-Shelly's innocence

-Pulse Muk

-Amaria's Boat

-Kiki's Medicham

-Kiki

-Victoria's Love Life

-Mr. Bigglesworth

-That one guy in Chrysolia Forest

-Serra's Character Development

-All those Meteors to Saphira's Dragonite

-Pulse Abra

-The Giant Steelix

-The Magazine

-El's redemption as a father

-The Old Team Aqua Leader

-Physics

-Eclipse

-Pulse Avalugg

-People from Starvation in Ametrine City

-That one NPC in Glitch City

-A few new world Cultists

-Pulse Swalot

-Taka's dignity

-Solaris's Competence as a leader

So yeah, good chance a few people are dying in the next episode though they'll probably be unnamed NPCS.

saying goodbye doesn't necessarily mean dying, there is no proof about it in ep15 end message, so we can for example say goodbye to the cameo character at the new train station

Geeze everybody has to be a critic on a joke. I said old aqua gang leader as the dialogue implied he was giving up his old ways which is more or less killing his way of living (aka no more gang leader). We won't exactly know if he's gone for good though until the last release of the last version of Reborn.

And Cal really did kill that Medicham. He wanted to have the pulse machine malfunction (instead of the pulse destroyed) so that Team Meteor would be in a rough spot trying to blow up Apophyll given they don't have the materials and the island would be prepared for a second ambush if it were to come. Killing the Medicham would just give him more trust from Meteor and he would've done that to any Pokemon that attempted to destroy the pulse.

That Medicham I'm guessing is to show that Kiki's teaching did not go to waste. We know bits and pieces of what Cal was like before he stepped down as a gym leader, but we know he changed during Apophyll and even more after the Apophyll events. You could say that its out of regret for killing Kiki's Medicham, or it's a promise to redeem himself. We'll probably never know why he raised a Medicham, but that he's still using what he learned from Kiki's teachings.

saying goodbye doesn't necessarily mean dying, there is no proof about it in ep15 end message, so we can for example say goodbye to the cameo character at the new train station

"The heart of Reborn shall fall" along with saying good-bye to someone permanently. Shade also appeared after we battled Taka, another big sign. And Solaris is getting Lin involved. Clearly all of this build-up and foreshadow means nothing and the episode is going to be about Mr. Stone's peaceful adventures in Reborn. Sorry to say, but it's very unlikely Ame is tricking us and there not being a death in the coming episodes.

Technically, he didn't. Yes, his Magmortar did throw Kiki's Medicham into the lava, but Solaris gave the order.

Oh god this brings back discussion with how murder works...those were not the best things. But Cal did kill Kiki's Medicham as he was the one who committed the act. Unless Solaris was using some mind control mumbo jumbo, him giving the order means nothing in those terms since Cal could have not obeyed that command.

Relationship variables, but the "relationship" doesn't mean the romantic kind; it means the general kind.

well, when people talk about "relationships" its assumed they are talking about romantic involvement. so its confirmed there will be no romance ?

so the changes would just change things like "greeting 1: hey mate, whats up?" "greeting 2: screw you" ? i was kinda thinking about restarting my play for the romance thingy, so i guess ill just play ep16 then :(

There will be no changes in E16 in regards to the relationship variables. Ame is just getting them in there now so the choices can be recorded and she can make whatever impact from those choices if she feels it appropriate. But E16 will not be using those variables for anything of importance.