[Spoilers] E16 Status Discussion

Amethyst

Beta testers won't be able to uncover all bugs in the game.

We as players have to do our part in helping find and report bugs that may have been missed.

No game comes out perfect but the least Beta testers can do is make sure the game is playable.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beta testers won't be able to uncover all bugs in the game.

We as players have to do our part in helping find and report bugs that may have been missed.

No game comes out perfect but the least Beta testers can do is make sure the game is playable.

The alpha and beta testers are the true heroes here. I salute all those who help with the game.

I have now trained all the Pokémon I wanted to Lvl 79 (about 33). I am sooo ready for E16.

In the meantime everyone who has already prepared for the next episode can save their progress at a separate folder (usually where you keep backup saves at key points), and start a new playthrough perhaps with a challenge. There are monogen challenges, nuzlocke challenges, monotype challenges and I know a cool guy who is doing an XX<BST challenge.

Ame, I've noticed that between certain gym battles, the MC's pokemon are going to be underleveled unless they decide to return to the Grand Hall to grind. The wild pokemon give so little exp it's pointless to battle them, and there aren't many trainers that help solve this issue. This happens mostly on areas that people avoid or cannot access easily, like the Wasteland, Route2, Iolia Valley and the Mountain Trio. Especially post Agate, there's this issue that battling Clown Indra with your underleveled pokemon has a high rate of failure, but you can't do otherwise because the people you can battle outside the circus are very few. I think adding a pokemaniac here and there or an event that gives a lot of exp could help alleviate the hours some of us spend battling the rainbow battles.

In regards to the rainbow battles, they don't seem that balanced to each other. Yellow is by far the easiest one, since it has Dedenne, while Red has 3 pokemon viable for OU. Also, why not replace Simipour from the Blue team with something non-Water (since the other 2 mons are Water type) that's much more threatening?

A final question: Will we speak to Terra again?

Ame, I've noticed that between certain gym battles, the MC's pokemon are going to be underleveled unless they decide to return to the Grand Hall to grind. The wild pokemon give so little exp it's pointless to battle them, and there aren't many trainers that help solve this issue. This happens mostly on areas that people avoid or cannot access easily, like the Wasteland, Route2, Iolia Valley and the Mountain Trio. Especially post Agate, there's this issue that battling Clown Indra with your underleveled pokemon has a high rate of failure, but you can't do otherwise because the people you can battle outside the circus are very few. I think adding a pokemaniac here and there or an event that gives a lot of exp could help alleviate the hours some of us spend battling the rainbow battles.

In regards to the rainbow battles, they don't seem that balanced to each other. Yellow is by far the easiest one, since it has Dedenne, while Red has 3 pokemon viable for OU. Also, why not replace Simipour from the Blue team with something non-Water (since the other 2 mons are Water type) that's much more threatening?

A final question: Will we speak to Terra again?

Used the exp-share + lucky egg to level up my pokémons on Clown Indra and it really wasn't so long. Plus he gives a fair amount of pokéblingbling and shards. I agree tho that some of his teams are waaaaaay harder than others (added to the fact I think that the color sharing between the theme and the pokémons isn't that obvious).

+1 for TERR4. Iirc, there are hints in Bysbyxion Wasteland on some signs, she seems to still talk to us through the computer.

• Administrators

Do you guys just go around, talking to every NPC, and interacting with literally everything else to try and weed out the bugs and hoping you don't run into a game-breaking one? That sounds kinda hilarious.

I think my favorite bug so far was something that Dan's response to, during the E15 alpha, was quote:

HELLO?!?!?1
REBORN EP2: CLONE WARS
IKARU
DID YOU ASK FOR SOME MOVIE MAGIC
BECAUSE HERE YOU GO
..... hang on ame
is this like
reborn e15: ikaru edition
special feature: many titania
of course AME likes her
she murdered like a dozen people in the past hour
and then we have ikaru, the poster fanboy for her
.... this feels pretty weird mechanically
and that's 1 more
... what
can't he just "movie magic" off the tile
or does that break everything

since a thing happened that caused a second Titania to exist. It was probably the most entertaining part of the alpha.

that, and giving titania a blue moon ice cream............

Used the exp-share + lucky egg to level up my pokémons on Clown Indra and it really wasn't so long. Plus he gives a fair amount of pokéblingbling and shards. I agree tho that some of his teams are waaaaaay harder than others (added to the fact I think that the color sharing between the theme and the pokémons isn't that obvious).

The thing about that is that it's an infinite source of money, shards, and of course experience, so Ame allowed Inuki to go full ham on his teams. She would never allow something so rewarding to be easy. :P

There's a similar mindset regarding the grand hall trainers, but they're probably a bit easier.

Plus it doubled as a way to include Pokemon that weren't seen in the Pokedex beforehand.

The thing about that is that it's an infinite source of money, shards, and of course experience, so Ame allowed Inuki to go full ham on his teams. She would never allow something so rewarding to be easy. :P

There's a similar mindset regarding the grand hall trainers, but they're probably a bit easier.

Plus it doubled as a way to include Pokemon that weren't seen in the Pokedex beforehand.

Exactly my point. Should have said some of his teams are way too easy instead, cause I did not mean to say Indra was hard, on the contrary and the goal of the post was maybe to improve bis worse teams regarding of the fact that the players teams are supposed to already be pretty strong at this point of the game, and farming some Dedenne with decent OU-Ubers doesn't seem as challenging as the rest of the game. Edited by Althah

What are you guys actually most hyped about?

I really look forward to the following story, but I think I saw someone saying a lot of attacks would get animation, and if those are as good as the few already existing ones, it will be awesome!

Some of them have already been showcased, and it's awesome! More awesome than the default, I say. Plus, the new Reborn City will be beautiful (bye-bye gloomy Reborn City, although I still want to see 7th street). Plus, like what have said before, Ep. 16 is more about sidequests than story, looking forward for how Ame torture us with the sidequest (Tech Glasses, ugh..)~

I'm most hyped about who we'll be saying "goodbye" to permanently.

This might be out of left field, but if we're killing someone...

I'm actually willing to put some money on Sirius being the one snubbed out. He's already dodged Lin's wrath once when Saphira and the giant Steelix showed up, if he and Solaris do go to her to ask for aid...I wouldn't be surprised if she went "Your constant failures have dissapointed me, plus lying to your superior back in Tanzan? We have no place for the likes of you" and then kills him.

This is assuming a death happens and not something else.

I'm personally also curious as to see what'll happen to 7'th street, will it be basically untouched or...

I'm most hyped about who we'll be saying "goodbye" to permanently.

Same, my bet is on Cal to redeem himself, Laura that suddenly disappeared or Aya, Team Meteor keeping his word of killing her off.

If not one of those I hope is Amaria so Titania an be free of her, I bet she jumps off the waterfall again.

<3

Same, my bet is on Cal to redeem himself, Laura that suddenly disappeared or Aya, Team Meteor keeping his word of killing her off.

If not one of those I hope is Amaria so Titania an be free of her, I bet she jumps off the waterfall again.

<3

Lel You sadist :D

Not amaria D: She's one of the few characters I don't want to jump off a cliff.

I hope she could for Titania but I don't think there is a character yet that could replace her as the Water Gym leader, so she's out of the equation.... Lucky for you...

Maybe it's Fern

But then who would we hate?
Cain is too pretty for that! :c
Fern is a necessary evil my friend, he will live another EP, I like asshole characters also so I hope he lives. FLOBOT SHOULD DIE

Hopefully Titania.

hopefully not Fern, as annoying as he is, asshole rivals are best rivals. May and Barry are one of the reasons emrald and platinium will never be as good as R/B/G and G/S, in my opinion at least.

Edited by HAWmaro

I think we're a bit too far into the story to add new characters, so unless anyone can think of good replacements for the gym leaders we haven't fought, I say all of them are highly unlikely to die (So almost no chance of Titania dieing.) My personal predictions are either Taka or Cal, as both have more minor roles and could be killed off as part of the story.