What style do you use? Shift or Set?

Randoms2

Set. Why should I be given the one-sided ability to pre-emptively switch into a counterpick for my opponent's upcoming Pokémon? How is that fair for the opponent at all?

hummm a very good point but you may have forgotten that many NPCs love to lance out their strategies how is that fair then

I generally play on Shift tbh. I feel Set would be more fair, but then I'd have to grind my mons up to higher levels than 1 or 2 levels below the weakest, use healing items more, and build better sets/breed. Shift is just more convenient and lets me get stuff done faster and create interesting challenges. Set is certainly more difficult, but I never cared to change it because trainer grinding is even more of a pain.

I generally play on Shift tbh. I feel Set would be more fair, but then I'd have to grind my mons up to higher levels than 1 or 2 levels below the weakest, use healing items more, and build better sets/breed. Shift is just more convenient and lets me get stuff done faster and create interesting challenges. Set is certainly more difficult, but I never cared to change it because trainer grinding is even more of a pain.

Well, you don't "have" to do any of those things. I beat Ciel with a team of Level 67 'mons, and I don't use Shift or any healing items at all. It's definitely not implausible.

hummm a very good point but you may have forgotten that many NPCs love to lance out their strategies how is that fair then

"Lance out their strategies?" I'm afraid I don't understand this phrasing.