Favorite Gym Leader

With a whopping 50+ gym leaders out there in the Pokemon Universe (both real games and fan games), there has to be one out there that you absolutely loved. Whether it be the fight or their character, there is something about them you just were excited about when you got to them in the game.

For Nintendo Pokemon games, my favorite gym leader would have to be Jasmine. She is this cute and caring young woman that puts aside her role as a gym leader to attend to a sick Pokemon. Putting both the well-being of the sick Ampharos and the ships that rely on that sheep to light their way. And when Ampharos is all better, what does she have to fight with? A giant steel snake beast. Steelix shocked me the first time I battled her, and it creamed my team. I love her as a person, I love her type choice. She is just amazing.

As for Reborn, mine would have to be Radomus. The goofy gym leader who always switches his hats is basically who I think I'd be like in the Pokemon Universe. He is a cold, calculating man who naturally likes chess. Of course being an amazing strategist does not stop him from caring about others. And I love his design when you battle him.

Who do you like?

For the canon games? Oddly, I kinda like Korrina the best. Maybe that's because I've seen too much XY anime to know how actually very adorable she is and how she's the most involved with the protagonists apart from Clemont. Behind this she's pretty lively and determined and through both the games and anime does emphasize on the importance of bonding with Pokemon, as well as being the only Gym Leader to actually utilize a Mega Evolution.

I can't really put my finger on Reborn since the characters are very well designed, but I suppose I'd go with Radomus.

Favorite?mine would be Elesa.she is cool cause in B/W she convince Bianca dad to let Bianca travel and more cooler is her gym is a freaking roller coaster and in B2/W2 she became an idol I really like her gym even if it dont even have anything at all,just a walk way with 3 gym trainer but I kinda like the atmosphere in there,dye ice smoke some light those crowd and music oh I really like her opening style too,three spot light doing a pose and her picture on the sceen in the back,here sprite look good in both first and second game,she is the first gym leader in real game that make me struggle and I managed to made it out with 1 Pokemon left with hp in the red zone.

In Reborn,I would say Charlotte,She cool and smart,remember in Yureyu building when she just pull Shelly out of there with no trouble,that my favorite scene of Charlotte and she is one of the hardest gym leader in Reborn because of her field and team with dough Ninetale and Solar beam...damn,I mean it's not that hard,it's hard because it's double battle,remember Shelly in the past when her battle used to be single battle,that time she was one of the easiest gym leader in game but later she changed to double battle so doubble battle make it harder

Edited by BBD

Roxie

Same here, although I fell in love with her through the anime :o

I don't have a Reborn favorite...for now. :o

For the main series... It's a tough choice, but I'd say Byron. Most Gym Leaders are too heated up or too docile to really inspire anyone; Byron is different - he has an incredibly high level of confidence but doesn't belittle you either.

I actually did this pretty recently, but also included Elite 4, but whatever.

Favorite from the Main Series - Whitney! She's a sadist, with that Miltank of hers. Even though I never had trouble with her, I love hearing stories of my friends being defeated by her over... and over... and over...

Favorite from Reborn - T3RR4. Cuz dat b00000ty.

Main Games: Probably Roxie because the Poison type is one of my favorites and I mean, she's super punk.

Reborn: Hands down Terra. She hysterical. And I mean no one expected her to be affiliated with Team Meteor...so that brought her character to a whole new level.

Main Games: Jasmine from Johto. Although I'm totally not a fan of Gen 2 and the Johto Region, she's just so kind, caring, and definitely cute. And her reappearance in Diamond,Pearl, and Platinum to give HM Waterfall totally put a smile to my face.

Reborn: Definitely Julia. Her lines in E15 made me like her as a character and her being funny without even trying was actually cool.

My favorite male gym leader would have to be Volkner because he is just that dude that wants a tough match and be nice about it. In the anime, he didn't want to battle, but he ended up battling Ash and it was great.

My favorite female gym leader would be Jasmine because she is a caring person. I hate that she is a steel type leader which doesn't make sense. I would of rathered her to be a Normal or Electric Leader since she had a friend that was an Ampharos.

Main games: I actually don't have favourite, almost all gym leaders in gen 1-4 are boring pushovers. Gen 5 gym leaders are alright, but I still can't choose any of them.

Reborn: Charlotte easly, not because of the gym battle, but because of her character. I also like Terra.

My favorite is volkner because he is literally too strong to have any fun battles to the point where in the manga him and flint spend presumably days fighting giratina because they thought it was fun. On top of that you can tell he was trying to have fun in diamond & pearl because he throws an ambipom and an octillery with shock wave at you, this man didn't use his real team until pokemon platinum even then he wasn't at his strongest. Also Byron the leader of the sinnoh gym leader have trouble making him act. Norman is favorite in the manga because of his manner his a no BS type of guy, he squeezes phone receivers into pieces he hunted his son all the way across the hoenn region then beat him down in a epic battle on the weather tower. He also does take anything from winona the leader of the hoenn gym leaders(fun fact he is the second most senior when it comes to the gym leader as he failed the gym leader test 8-10 years prior to ruby & sapphire). and last but not least he controlled rayquaza when not even the top minds in hoenn could figure out a way.

As for favorite reborn leader i'd say noel as he adds some realisticness to the ragtag group of people the player can call there friends

Main Game: Marlon. Just cool and laid back like the water type should be, that being said Juan would be a close second

Reborn: Corey. His backstory makes you understand why he did what he did and he makes Koga look like s***, why its kinda sad to see him go. Noel or Charlotte would be close seconds though