What do you usually soft-reset for ?

I just want to see you opinion. What is the most important stuff in your mind when you're soft-resetting a pokemon (a starter pokemon to be exact) ? IV, Nature or Ability ?

I only soft reset if I loose a major battle (Rival/Gym-Leader) or if I accidentally defeat an event Pokemon that battles me... because hey it's uniqe! If it's defeated I can't get it anymore...

IV's, Shiny, nature are irrelevant for me... Soft resetting for theese would just take to much time in my oppinion... "yeah! perfect nature... but it isn't shiny/doesn't have the IV's I need... reset..." no thanks...

tbh if i want perfect mons ill just breed them lol i can set the nature and ability to what i want and then breed solely for IVs cuz running around aimlessly is easier than resetting a game every 5 seconds. tbh im using my mouse's many macro keys to tap the spacebar at fractions of a second(spacebar recorded with a down/up press with the delay between the down/up press,with that being 0.067 seconds, then set it to do that every 25 miliseconds) so i can go watch youtube on my tv while still getting that 500 required for spiritomb and secret in the radio tower. however i get distracted, dont watch youtube, then come back 2 mins later and check and nothing so i gave up and went back to the story xD

Natures and maybe ablities, Event mons for natures/Shadow mons incase I accidently killed them, Boss battles, and if Legendaries was in this game. I would reset to get the shiny versions. And Breeding for Egg Moves.

Edited by LeonTakashi

• 3 months later...

...the last time i soft reset for something that is actually worth mentioning was i spent almost an hour soft resetting the event buizel...other then that i usually soft reset if i get into a trainer battle i could have avoided

(thought this was a rejuvenation post)

Edited by pokemaster102

• Global Mods

I do it with Pokemon, if there's a certain ability I want on it or if the Pokemon is event-only and you have to battle it, because I wouldn't want to KO it by mistake. Although I've noticed in V6, I KO'd a Lunatone accidentally and it was still there afterwards with the option to give it a treat.

I also save before every battle, in case I lose. I don't want to lose any money.

what hypa soft resets for : Shinies, Jackpots,Event pokes dying, Shinies again, ability capsules (i think jan changed it to non random which is annoying >.< bye bye huge power azumarill just too many capsules you need >.<)

Soft resetting for IVs, specifically for Att and Sp.Att, as for Defense and Sp Defense i am dual screens user~Nature isnt a big deal since pokemon psychologist is introduced and Ability matters less in my playthrough unless it is silly abilities like Defeatist, Slow Start and Truant~

I've gotten really bad with this lately lol.

For event pokemon it's always due to nature/IVs.ability if I can't get a capsule.

For battles, only if I have to walk a long way back or have my levels really close to the cap. Well and the occasional BS like losing to crits or flinch hax. Also big bosses like Groudon I usually reset on because again, long walks.

Losing money is no big deal since "failruns" are good for experience anyway.

Edited by Monochrome_Complex