E15 Spoiler discussion [SPOILERS] -- Spoiler Period Over

Knight_Teutonic

The alternate park map was removed because

* The "bigger on the inside" factor was way out of proportion

* The level cap before Florinia was pretty tight

* Aside from seeing Rini/Amy trapped, it was a really uninspired area

I haven't seen the new area, but I kinda liked how the Tangrowth turned the park into a unique dungeon. It really highlighted how a simple park could be twisted into a gigantic death-jungle.

But hey, it's probably better off this way. And who knows? When I play through the game again, maybe I'll reach the new Obsidia Park event and say "Yup, this is so much better."

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I haven't seen the new area, but I kinda liked how the Tangrowth turned the park into a unique dungeon. It really highlighted how a simple park could be twisted into a gigantic death-jungle.

But hey, it's probably better off this way. And who knows? When I play through the game again, maybe I'll reach the new Obsidia Park event and say "Yup, this is so much better."

TBH the new park layout makes more sense. The park isn't that destroyed because there has not been much to time to actually grow the forest. All though I do miss the duckett event. But all she did was move it.

...tbh the only improvement I hated was that she move litleo.......rip Simba

I'm pretty sure it was because of lag, by removing it Obsidia Ward became just a bit faster. My only gripe is that the trainers within the forest were scrapped and my Numel couldn't burn the field :P

It feels less-laggy for you guys? It feels laggier for me, but then again, I haven't played through this part of the game in ages, I'm doing another playthrough right now

I would just like to mention, a hilarious side effect of Sawk being moved earlier into the game is that you can simply catch one with Sturdy and Counter and immediately cheese the Solaris fight with it.

...and just like that Sawk was axed forever

Sawk also learns Pain split by breeding, which is another handy move against such bosses...

Besides that, which PULSE was the one in the treatment plant (the amazing Swalot)? We destroyed it, so we don't know what number it was if I'm correct...

Heh. A better way to go about it would be to simply increase wild Sawk encounter levels to a point where Counter would be deleted from their move list. In this case, Level 37+.

Heh. A better way to go about it would be to simply increase wild Sawk encounter levels to a point where Counter would be deleted from their move list. In this case, Level 37+.

Aha and then you can breed one and get Counter anyway but really there are many ways to kill that Garchomp now this is just one more.

As someone who actually tried cheesing the Solaris fight with Sturdy Counter Sawk, you aren't able to delete Garchomp from existence with Counter because you simply don't have enough health. You need to wear down Garchomp with a Toxic or other method, then Sawk can come in and deal between 2/3 and 3/4 (depending on level) of Garchomp's health with a single hit. IMO it's not so broken that it needs to be removed.

Anyone else's experience differ?

I found Ciel kinda hard, but I did rush in with an underleveled team, seeing as half of my aces had been fighting or grass. My only electric type at a reasonable level was Jolteon, which was level 65. Also had a level 60 Metagross, level 75 Gardevoir(My new favorite and dramatically overused pokemon), level 74 Crobat, level 64 Arcanine and level 67 Flygon. Then I grinded and used my 5 rare candies to level Jolteon to 74 and all was good... until Gliscor. Then Ditto happened. Idk why Gliscor runs Acrobatics when it's holding an item, but Ditto sure appreciated the move. Her ace, Mega Altaria, was 2HKO by Crobat's Cross Poison, which kinda disappointed me.