E15 Spoiler discussion [SPOILERS] -- Spoiler Period Over

Knight_Teutonic

So this is a space created to discuss all the WTF moments from E15 and also to speculate about the ongoing restoration of reborn city.

So what did we get here?

-Fight against three meteor leaders + fern (we beat his ass again)

-We finally saw julia and rini again, after 14 episodes

-New starters (fennekin, totodile and squirtle, though we lost mudkip)

-We destroyed PULSE Swalot and defeated our first gym with mega evolutions (as expected, it was Seel)

-Also, Tania being the badass she usually is

-And I also noticed that Team meteor's relationship with the arceus' cult, of which we already knew about, is getting quite obvious now, as we had to face a new trainer class at the sewers (New World Cultist).

-Loved the water treatment plant puzzle

-I got a bit disappointed by not being able to use Fly just yet, and we had reborn city looking just like it does now, despite all the talk about "restoration", although I understand that because we're not meant to be there and changing reborn's landscape would require a lot of ame's time, which she spent on adapting the game to the newest RPG Maker XP Essentials version, so it's ok.

E16 TEASER: "Today, the heart of Reborn falls. How marvelous..."

Despite all the restoration done by Adrienn, the city of reborn will fall again? That's kinda sad...

Anyway, what you guys think?

Edited by Knight_Teutonic

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think the last message was something like " Today is the day Reborn falls. "? Something like that.

Anywhoooo, that three consecutive double battle with Meteor was amazing. It's definitely one of the most intense and heartracing moments in the game. Also, dat Mega Altaria. @_@

Yeah, the Teaser said something like that, but there was also another phrase with the word "heart" on it. I shouldn't have rushed that moment :/

The city looks the same because the remodeling is to be done in episode 16. It's why Ame's been complaining for a while now, that it will take forever to make.

Indeed that will take a lot of time. Since we're going back to Reborn at EP16 thanks to TMX Fly, we'll have to wait another 4 or 5 months or so. But let's not rush Ame. She has put a lot of effort on this game and she deserves a nice rest for a while.

I'm very interested in some of the details Taka revealed about his family being the last in the lineage of the thingy wingy about Arceus? Yeah, so the cultists are actually connected to Meteor. No wonder Elias is in the ranks.

I also noticed in the assault on the mansion the conversation between Blake, Sirius and Solaris. Seems like Sirius is not in line with Solaris' goals. Could he be planning something? Something tells me it has something to do with Lin. (oh my god the somethings)

And damn, the conversation between Fern and Rini. Could Fern be lying or not? Also, Sirius said that this would be the second time he'd be burning a house for the sake of rings. This means that he might actually be the one that burned the Belrose Manse, not Charlotte who did it accidentally. Whoaaaa. XD

Sorry, the EP was just so great that I keep on spazzing. @_@

-Would be nice if Taka decided to change teams and become a nice guy, since he seems really confused about Team Meteor. But I'm not optimistic about seeing nice things happening at that city, though. I think that, by the E16 teaser, something really bad will happen to the city and will perhaps undo Adrienn's work...

-Not sure if he will also defect or if it's just a power struggle. Unlike Taka, Sirius is very mean, and both scenarios would be quite bland for me to face.

-I thought just that too. That part was pretty obvious. I just didn't get more shocked because I was almost shitting myself for the fight against solaris. My Vileplume did quite well, though I plan on replacing it until E16.

Oh, apparently there's a split story.

Beating Solaris on Pyrous Mt. -> Partnering up with Julia

Not beating Solaris -> Partnering up with Florinia

I don't remember the differences after the two. I do know that in one of them, Fern stays with Meteor, though...

Oh, apparently there's a split story.

Beating Solaris on Pyrous Mt. -> Partnering up with Julia

Not beating Solaris -> Partnering up with Florinia

I don't remember the differences after the two. I do know that in one of them, Fern stays with Meteor, though...

That's nice, I didn't know that. I would like to know what mons Julia has.

Florinia has Torterra, Cradily, Hippowdon, Ferrothorn, Tropius and a sixth one I don't remember.

I highly think that Lin would intervene this time around, Solaris said that he might not want to pull Lin into this, but he's going to have to. Lin could pull off some shiz with what she has. We know next to nothing about her so it's hard to speculate.

Team Meteor's currently facing an internal crisis among them. One bent onto purification which is Solaris' side, and the one that's pulled under Lin's power, could be world recreation. I think that Sirius is working with Lin possibly because Lin's a huge threat among them. There's a lot of dialogue that shows that Lin is a person of extreme force, so it doesn't surprise me that such a struggle would exist.

Sirius is also a very pragmatic kind of fighter. As he mostly uses his Pokemon to attack people instead. Which makes me wonder why he hasn't attempted that to the player yet.

Vileplume's a great mon. I used one in that battle. :3

(Also, some guests are reading this. Is that alright?)

Whoa, so Fern splits off from Meteor on the other one? Holy..

I have to replay the game again! XD

-He actually has already tried to kill us with the garchomp, at that factory in peridot where we faced PULSE Muk, but Kingdra saved the day with Ice beam.

-I put spoiler tags all over the thread, if the guest want to read it, they have been very well-warned.

Edited by Knight_Teutonic

It was a good episode. Light on content but that was said a while ago.

I really do hope episode 16 doesn't take 4-5 months. Though whenever it comes out it's going to be a big one. The story has been really heating up.

If Reborn get's destroyed in the same episode amethyst remodelled it, must be heart breaking.

13 badges, 5 to go. The game ends at episode 19 I believe. That or 20.

So expect 2 gyms in one episode

That's nice, I didn't know that. I would like to know what mons Julia has.

Florinia has Torterra, Cradily, Hippowdon, Ferrothorn, Tropius and a sixth one I don't remember.

If I remember correctly Julia used Electrode, Fan Rotom (for some reason she also had an air balloon on her fan rotom - I didn't quite undertand that), Magnezone with air balloon, Eelektross, and I'm not sure what the other 2 pokemon were (I think I beat the fight without any more of her pokemon fainting). It's somewhat noteworthy that she actually has a lot of pokemon immune to ground or with an air balloon, so spamming earthquake works quite well for the fight if you're teaming up with Julia.

Could anyone who chose to battle Taka tell me if it made any difference? I'm guessing it'll change the dialogue on the roof between Solaris & the rest since they know of his disloyalty in that scenario. Also, I don't know if it's just me but anyone feel like either battles have gotten easier or if the player is overpowered by this point. Typically the gym battles are more difficult but I pretty much just swept everybody I fought. My f12 button feels kinda lonely :c

I really do hope episode 16 doesn't take 4-5 months. Though whenever it comes out it's going to be a big one. The story has been really heating up.

If Reborn get's destroyed in the same episode amethyst remodelled it, must be heart breaking.

Ame's original plan was to make 20, but she changed her mind to 19 episodes. Although we still have a lot of stuff left, such as the gyms, defeating meteor and the Elite 4 + the champion. I also hope for a really nice aftergame experience

You're thinking of Solaris there matey. But yeah, point proven. :3

Okay then.

But I wonder what's the different dialogue if you lost to Solaris on the mountain and fight him with Rini in the mansion.

Also, Ciel's dialogue at the couch after the fight was priceless.

Oh sorry, I mistook Sirius for Solaris XD I loved the circus dialogue too

Don't get your hopes up for even 5 months. This next episode has been said to be huge, and I think we all know why.

Gonna put it in spoiler because it's less intense discussion and more a heap of praise:

I can't describe just how satisfying this episode feels.

Like, I was expecting it to be good, sure, but I got so many wish fulfillments here.

The whole Taka arc, and then the events at the Mansion, oh DAMN.

I was saying I hoped for Florinia to make an appearance, and then I got to team up with her <333 And her dialogue was great and there's so many hints dropped in the interactions between her and the others.

And I'd be lying if it wasn't the best possible outcome to be allowed to defeat Fern, Blake and Solaris in succession.

Solaris is also really growing on me as a character... I don't know what to say, except that the obvious rift of Meteor into different factions is interesting and more obvious than ever.

Bit sad that my favourite trio remain absent, but I can't say I'm not completely happy with things as they are.

Everyone's dialogue was great to read, I LOVED the interactions between Taka and Tania, Florinia is still awesome, hearing of Adrienn's efforts to rebuild the city made me smile...

An all around great experience for me.

I've sworn I'd make Klinklang grind Garchomp to dust, and it did.

I also have a theory about the E16 teaser. It specifically said the heart of Reborn falls, so it could be something else different which means it might not be the city. It's probably related to some other hullaballoo shiz in Meteor about the New World Cults. I think that it has something to do with the huge cavern underneath the Grand Stairway which was the Citae Arc blargalarg. Maybe they're actively trying to bring back Arceus this time around?

-Yeah they will try that. When he said "heart of reborn" I thought he was referring to the "reborn region" and that "The heart" was the city, but it can be the Citae Arc D'Astrae too.

So... has anybody created a new save file in hopes of finding those new limited event Pokemon? I know where they are, but I think it'll be more fun if you guys searched for yourselves!

-Since my college teachers will go on a strike starting next week I'll have plenty of time to start over, get the new mons and enjoy serra's new field effect. But for that I'll wait for a more stable release. I already found some bugs here and there.

Titania really grew on me this episode. I felt like I learned a lot about her character and motivations this episode, not to mention she is brutal. I'm quite pleased with the face off with Fern, Blake, and Solaris, as smashing Fern and Blake are always a good time, and facing Solaris on an even playing field was a fun fight. (Teaming with Titania, Julia, and Florinia was also cool)

Anyone else feel that Fern took his usual thrashing much worse than usual? The dude got legitimately angry this time and didn't even blow it off with his usual: "I'm the best, you suck lol." I guess being beaten by the protagonist the umpteenth time is getting to him, especially since Florinia has also beaten him.

Edited by Mighty Kamina

Anyone else feel that Fern took his usual thrashing much worse than usual? The dude got legitimately angry this time and didn't even blow it if with his usual: "I'm the best, you suck lol." I guess being beaten by the protagonist the umpteenth time is getting to him, especially since Florinia has also beaten him.

I've always felt that Fern's biggest issue is that he never got the attention he craves.

First he's overshadowed by his sister, to whom he's merely the reserve gym leader, and then, when he goes to take on the Reborn league, he probably poured his best into the training, getting badges at an insanely fast rate, but he keeps losing to the player, and his personality doesn't help him get along with people at all.

So he joins the Meteors in hopes of finally getting the attention and admiration that he believes he deserves, only to fail immediately after being told he'd have to prove himself... And then Solaris compliments you. Begrudgingly so, but he takes note of your talent and your progress.

Hard to say what made him so desperate for attention in the first place, but he seems to have some serious issue with not being acknowledged enough for his efforts. It's felt like this from the begnning of the game on, especially when he gets so antagonistic about you wanting to battle Rini, but it only gets worse.

Fern keeps being overshadowed, and that can't feel very nice.

Edited by Ama

That Victoria appearance...

I noticed that as well. A very cool cameo that could easily be overlooked, but was glad to see her nonetheless. Seems like she could have possibly been rallied by Adrienn to begin repirations to Reborn City.

A very interesting episode, if not short. It's to be expected honestly. I think starting to see repirations done to the city in the form of cleansing the water was a nice touch.

How about them characters reappearing though? Julia, Florinia, Shade, Ameria, Solaris, Victoria... damn. A very satisfying episode. Though it'll be a while before the next episode, I'm positive it'll be worth the wait. Anyone have any further details on the split story when you team up with Julia for the double battles? And Fern staying with Meteor? My scrub self couldn't beat Solaris the first time around.

E15 gave a lot of characters more development, which is fantastic. i'm already liking Solaris and Taka more and more; with Taka's dedication to his own 'fate', it really makes me wonder if Solaris actually believes and behaves the same way about his lineage or not (which i'm getting hints of 'yes/mostly', based on how he acted this episode). and if so, no wonder he's conflicting a lot with Lin's administration. they're both working off of different base 'assumptions/beliefs', so to speak. Lin's focus is on power and control over the new world she's creating, while Solaris, from what it appears, seems to genuinely think that the region needs to be fixed, that what's he's doing will make it better, and is the 'ends justify the means' guy. which is all, i suppose, already known, but heck if i don't love how it got clarified in this episode anyway.

I also have a theory about the E16 teaser. It specifically said the heart of Reborn falls, so it could be something else different which means it might not be the city. It's probably related to some other hullaballoo shiz in Meteor about the New World Cults. I think that it has something to do with the huge cavern underneath the Grand Stairway which was the Citae Arc blargalarg. Maybe they're actively trying to bring back Arceus this time around?

i was actually thinking that 'the heart of Reborn' the teaser's talking about is the Grand Hall. uvu although your theory's good too, and is probably more likely than mine, since the Citae and what its hiding is super important to the region and all.
and just some speculation on my part: based on the phrasing and such, it really sounds to me like Lin is the one who's saying the teaser.

Anyone else feel that Fern took his usual thrashing much worse than usual? The dude got legitimately angry this time and didn't even blow it if with his usual: "I'm the best, you suck lol." I guess being beaten by the protagonist the umpteenth time is getting to him, especially since Florinia has also beaten him.

maybe, but i'm really more getting the impression of what Ama suggests and the fact that he's probably been shaken by Florinia's utter dismissal of him. she is his sister after all -- he asks her outright whether or not she really cared about him, and how he's saying it and his outburst that they could've been working together with Team Meteor makes me think that Fern genuinely did care, in his own way, about his sister and her opinion of him. even though Florinia repeatedly tells him that he's 'incorrect', she doesn't elaborate and stays in keeping with her image of emotionlessness; to Fern, it could easily seem as though she really doesn't give a hoot about her own brother, and that could make anyone behave more emotionally than usual.

Edited by phoenix_fire

Fern: I mean, I know you're a wannabe robot, but I thought you at least had some feeling left.

Later

Florinia: ...Understood. This error shall be remedied at once.

Fern: Bring it sis.

Later

Fern: Not even (Player Name). Blame my sister. Look I don't know what you think you're accomplishing there, but we're changing the world. And in our new world, guess who's gonna be at the top? Not you, Flobot! You should've turned when you had the chance. We could've done this together! But YOU threw that away! You didn't even care about me! What if my life really had been in danger, huh? Some sister you are. You really are dead inside. You really are just a stupid robot now, aren't you?

Florinia: Incorrect.

Fern: Isn't that what you wanted to be?

Florinia: ...Incorrect.

Fern: Don't try to lie! You're just weak, so you hide from yourself!

Florinia: ...Incorrect...

Fern: And you're not afraid to hurt me if that's what it takes, huh? You're just selfish. And a coward. Hmph I'm done here. I'll meet up with you guys later. In the meantime, do what you want to her. I have no sister anymore.

BRUH! I friggin teared up a bit...

From this we learn that Florinia may have gotten an offer to join Team Meteor at some point...

We also get some harsh words from Fern that actually stand true. Florinia has become an emotionless robot it seems. I'll be honest, I actually felt bad for Fern here rather than Florinia. He's lost his sister entirely... Not just him. Everyone has. She's cut herself off and it's probably had the biggest impact on Fern... Maybe that's why he's such a jerk...

• Global Mods

Ok, so I have no idea what to go with for the story split. For every story split before, I've just gone with what I would do in the situation. The amount of info I get or don't get doesn't matter to me. Fighting Sigmund to get Heather was an easy choice for me. (I actually didn't know it was a choice at the time; I assumed the yes/no was rhetorical, but I still would've done it)

On one hand, I kind of agree with Titania about beating him = kind of being an enabler, and he won't wake up that way.

On the other hand, I feel bad for him, and Solaris is a psycho. I don't want him to get in trouble.

On the other other hand, why can't we just not and say we did? Taka could just lie and tell his dad we beat him.

So yeah, I'm conflicted. Is there anything that'll change in the rest of the episode as a result of the choice, or is it more of a future consequence? I beat him without saving, and Shade appeared, and Titania says it's my choice and I'll have to deal with the consequences. That's as far as I went. Again, I didn't save, because I'm not sure. If anyone answers, please be as vague as you possibly can. I know this is a spoilers thread but I'm only asking because I have a moral dilemma.

Edited by Ice Cream Sand Witch

Ok, so I have no idea what to go with for the story split. For every story split before, I've just gone with what I would do in the situation. The amount of info I get or don't get doesn't matter to me. Fighting Sigmund to get Heather was an easy choice for me. (I actually didn't know it was a choice at the time; I assumed the yes/no was rhetorical, but I still would've done it)

On one hand, I kind of agree with Titania about beating him = kind of being an enabler, and he won't wake up that way.

On the other hand, I feel bad for him, and Solaris is a psycho. I don't want him to get in trouble.

On the other other hand, why can't we just not and say we did? Taka could just lie and tell his dad we beat him.

So yeah, I'm conflicted. Is there anything that'll change in the rest of the episode as a result of the choice, or is it more of a future consequence? I beat him without saving, and Shade appeared, and Titania says it's my choice and I'll have to deal with the consequences. That's as far as I went. Again, I didn't save, because I'm not sure. If anyone answers, please be as vague as you possibly can. I know this is a spoilers thread but I'm only asking because I have a moral dilemma.

Only some dialogue with Solaris on the mansions roof. It changes from he is a traitor to his mistake will be corrected.... The real story split you want is to beat Solaris on Pyrous mountain. That leads to a split in the double battles section.