What Does Your Name Mean?

Hilda is....actually my name.

It's etymology however is actually something I take pride in - It's a shorthand for various forms of 'hild' (i.e Brunhild, Gunhild, etc.)

Hild = "Battle"

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hilda is....actually my name.

It's etymology however is actually something I take pride in - It's a shorthand for various forms of 'hild' (i.e Brunhild, Gunhild, etc.)

Hild = "Battle"

Wow, I didn't know the name Hilda came from that.

Now I can't stop seeing you as Madoka, because of Kriemhild Gretchen.

Njab comes from Noob, idk who came up with it but it was made as different and funnier pronounciation of noob. At that time I had a nickname with noob in it but after that everyone started to call me njab.

Many moons ago, I was making an email account, and my brother suggested "aquawaffle."

I don't think it was ever supposed to mean anything, just 2 random words put together.

I kept using the name because I couldn't/was too lazy to think of anything better.

Edited by aquawaffle

Alozan was a name I made for a WoW character back when I played that and it just stuck. The name is a combination of Al from my name, Alex, and ozan because it sounds cool

DarkSpite (my alias and what I prefer to be referred to as on the internet, or simply Dark) is what I named my first character on Grand Fantasia (an MMO published by Aeria Games that I used to play). It's just the edgiest thing I could think of that would fit a necromancer (the class I wanted to specialize as).

Froiky was something I named one of my Pokemon protagonists when restarting Emerald version. From there it became a Pokemon character I created in my imagination. Starting Reborn and a nuzlocke run later he became the main character in a story I'm creating with Froiky as a young trainer from Reborn who eventually becomes badass and saves the world. He's also been my Pokemon avatar/persona for a while, hence my name in these forums.

Anyone who knows French knows the meaning behind my last name, which is also my common name.

Just in case no one knows it's black/dark in French

Yagami was something I kinda squeezed in instinctively. There are a lot of Yagami's out there like the obvious Death Note one being Yagami Light and the other from Stigma of the Wind (the protagonist being Kazuma Yagami). It contrasts with Yagami Light, YagamiNoir relating to the dark from both sides. Kinda depicts the dark person I am.

Was with a group of friends. One girl had an iphone app where you put in everybody's name and it randomly selects one and gives that person a "Sexy truth or dare." She accidentally typed Koseph for me and for some reason after that day, they all started calling me Koseph. The name Koseph is taken on a lot of websites, but surprisingly no one ever takes Qoseph.

• 2 weeks later...

I was playing Monotype on PS! and Choice Scarf Meloetta had just won me several games, and I was also putting random words into a "language mixer" that replaced certain letters with other letters, and I put in "melody" and I got "karudae", and I was also trying to think of a good username to register on Reborn with, and I just thought, "Wow, that's the name for me~!" So now I'm Karudae on pretty much every Pokemon site.

I use this name on everything because I am in love with this character. That's simple. Another alias I use is Shudder. That comes from the Skulduggery Pleasant book series. Anton Shudder was a non-main character but he was my favorite so I stole his name.