Favorite Feature

What is one thing about Pokemon Reborn that you like that regular Pokemon games lack or are without? Whether it be mechanics or storyline, share your thoughts.

One thing I love about Reborn is the level of difficulty. The fact that the gym leaders actually are challenge with 6 Pokemon on their teams. I also like the large use of shards and heart scales in this game.

1) SHINIES HAVE INCREASED RATES AND THERE ARE CUSTOM MADE SHINIES

2/3) The difficulty is nice, and I enjoy the plot and characters.

4) EVs and IVs screen in Pokemon Summary

5) Something new in E15, which I can't say, but I've begun to appreciate.

Chubb pretty much just said what I like about the game, lol.

If I had one favorite thing though it'd be Cain. The game of course could survive without him, and he does tend to try pushing the boundaries on occasion, but he's a lovable character, and my personal favorite, with Megaterra being a close second. :3

Also the difficulty. It can be outright unfair and even brutal(my first playthrough...poor naive me).

Dragon Tamer Monthly

Um, I would have to say EVs/IVs being shown like Chubb just said. Makes breeding alot simpler.

Also, the events that go along with the game. So much to do.

Things that I like in Reborn and lack in the regular pokemon games:

1- More difficulty and use of field effects.

2- Like Chubb said, the IVs and EVs in pokemon summary.

3- More interesting plot and characters.

Edited by dark_stalker

The challenge is definitely something the regular games are lacking. Also storywise regular games don't make any sense with leaders and elite 4 members having less than 6 pokemon despite them being part of the strongest trainers in the region <~< I mean catching 6 pokemon isn't that hard and especially the old members should at least be able to get a sixth member in their party with all the time they had to catch and train one.
Another thing that's really infuriating are the evil organizations in the regular games. They just don't make any sense at all! Always telling you where they are next and you as a "new" trainer destroying them without any problems it's just.. It's making me lose faith in everything evil!

1. Field effects

2. Story; specifically characters

3. The system of axing Pokemon to force you to try stuff out

4. General trainer difficulty

5. The region itself

1. Shards actually do something for one.

2. Difficulty is much higher. Makes more sense for stronger trainers to have 6 pokemon rather than 4.

3. Evil team actually does things for one, but the characters inside the team are memorable.

The field effects, no doubt. While everything is good #whoop reborn ~o~

I think the field effects are what make the battles even more interesting now. MostAll gym leaders are well-equipped to abuse them, and even better: After playing the game once, you can turn the fields to your advantage ;D

Not only that, but a bunch of amazing and funny things can happen. Like this epic takedown xD

Field effects, no doubt. We should send this to Gamefreak.

Edited by Vinny

Everything...but to be specific...

1. Difficulty, ranging from making you actually use strategy to beat gym leaders and some overpowered boss fights (looking at you Garchomp). Also the lack of good moves and good pokes in early game.

2. Evil team is actually evil and their grunts actually use things other than Ratatas and Zubats

3. Field effects, seriously it makes no sense that you summon drought and use fire blast underwater in ORAS

4. Level cap, yeah we should probably stop running around with an over leveled Charizard in the official games...

5. Dark and mature theme, much more realistic than some of the love and friendship you see in the official games, like really...

But yeah, everything's a fav still...

I think the real question is: "What isn't there to enjoy about Reborn?"

Fern

I really love the story and field effects. I feel that those aspects make Reborn unique (apart from Rejuvenation).

The list of things that I like include:

1. The challenge, OK I will admit the difficulty caught me off guard the first time, but I used that to improve in my skills. It's refreshing to get a challenging Pokemon game, seeing as how the last game I played was X/Y and that game was insultingly easy.

2. The story/characters, this is one of the first things I look for in any form of media, and I have to say that the developers did a top job in this area. The story was dark and engaging and the characters are very memorable, the complete opposite to X/Y, where the characters were bland or one-note and the story was laughable.

I'm not saying that I hate X/Y, I just found it to be disappointing. The only parts I really enjoyed were the added gameplay mechanics (Mega Evolution, Fairy-type).

Back on topic, I cannot wait for the release of Episode 15

• Developers

I like the fact the gym leaders are more buddy buddy with the main character especially Charlotte shes my favorite.

Also love the linkstones as I never really traded with friends

.... Can I sum it up with "everything" ? Reborn is way better in everything than other games :|

Difficulty - just right. Hell, some gyms were even needlessly nerfed imo.

story- It deals with all kinds of things both dark and light, realistic things that one can encounter in real life. Best of all, the stories are based on real people and their real lives.

field effects- really, why hasn't a mainstream game thought of that yet? Field effects are a seriously cool feature. In my playthroughs, I always fight my battles without dispelling the field or at least without aiming to do so. It's part of the challenge.

The concept of PULSE- is something I find really fascinating and smart. It seems so natural that an evil organization would aim to amplify a pokemon's natural strength, bringing about natural disasters .

Ways of obtaining certain pokemon- not everything is given to you on a silver platter. I like that you have to put effort and use some brains to trigger various events for getting certain pokemon. It also makes your adventure more full of surprises.

I like that FLY is still not in the game. Makes you venture through the world of Reborn on foot, taking in all the locations, instead of being a lazy nob and Flying everywhere. I'd support getting Fly only after the game is over.

TMs- I like that those aren't so easily obtainable either. It makes people use different Pokemon to overcome obstacles instead of simply going for the most overpowered thing they can find and stuffing it with "the perfect TMs"

my list can go on, but I'll stop here, so there you go, thank you Ame and everyone else for making Reborn exist!

The custom shinies and storyline are pretty much unparalleled to any other game imo, and the field effects are indicative of the uniqueness and creativity of games made by Reborn's community (i.e Pokemon Reborn, Rejuvenation etc.)