Do the Writers Hate Ash?

Okay, so I am not an advent watcher of the anime, but i tend to go on Serebii to see how the poor kid is doing in the Kalos Region. After I saw taht he evolved a Goodra, a psuedo-legendary, I thought for sure that he would have a chance to win. A bit later, I come back and see that it is gone. Something along the lines of it being a protector of a swamp. And just like that *poof* no more awesome dragon on his team. From all the losses and now this...do the writers of the anime just hate Ash Ketchum?

Eh, who knows, maybe one day he'll catch Ho-oh for a random case of nostalgia from the very first episode, lol. It'd be cool if we had a full-on anime similar to Origins though.

He generally isn't allowed to use strong Pokemon most of the time. Even back in the first season, his strongest Pokemon were a Charizard who didn't respect him for a good 3/4 of the season, a lazy Snorlax, and a Muk.

It wouldn't be cool if his Pokemon were all super powerful.

He generally isn't allowed to use strong Pokemon most of the time. Even back in the first season, his strongest Pokemon were a Charizard who didn't respect him for a good 3/4 of the season, a lazy Snorlax, and a Muk.

It wouldn't be cool if his Pokemon were all super powerful.

Yep, either his super-powerful Pokemon are just disobedient, cause him physical pain often, or are just reasoned out of the next adventure because 'starting fresh, but with Pikachu.' (Note: Charizard has gone through all 3)

People wouldn't want to watch a program where the main character is always a boss, people always tend to root for the underdog after all.

Yes that would be the case if he was EVER boss. No matter what, he gets the short end of the stick. I mean even in Sinnoh when he had a well developed team, he lost the championship because his opponent had nothing but legendary Pokemon.

I lost respect for Ash ever since his Pikachu lost to a snivy. Yes, I know that he couldn't use electric attacks but they wouldn't have done much good anyway, and he should have still won that battle due to experience. Then he lost to Iris in a tournament, and that was when i stopped watching , except for in special cases. THe show's gone way downhill.

People wouldn't want to watch a program where the main character is always a boss, people always tend to root for the underdog after all.

*cough* Yugi from Yu-gi-oh*cough*

But yes the writers do hate him; they always find a way to screw his momentum, like one time, Ash has the sinnoh league right in the bag, he has a decent team and all, but then Tobias shows up with a fookin Darkrai.

Well yes. Unless if the series gonna begin to end, which is like never.

Then ash will contunied be trolled to death.

I swear, if someone took with magikarp and defeated ash team at leauge, loool.

But seriously, if the show get less popular and such, then will the writers end ash winning finally a league.

Well yes. Unless if the series gonna begin to end, which is like never.

Then ash will contunied be trolled to death.

I swear, if someone took with magikarp and defeated ash team at leauge, loool.

But seriously, if the show get less popular and such, then will the writers end ash winning finally a league.

Not going to happen, since their main target is little children (up to age 13 or so). Opted out due to mind-numbingly dumb dialogue at moments. :/

After Unova, where he lost to a brain-dead moron with only five Pokemon the writters are obviously screwing him over on the cheapest ways, obviously since Sinnoh, at least Johto and Hoenn had losses with dignity. Not to mention, his two rivals were a complete jackass that the story bent for so he wouldn't be punished for abusing his team and a rookie (after 4 generations worth of experience!).

Edited by leocain