Art!

Miss Kitty

I seriously need to get a camera or scanner.

seaweed_cookie_by_roothesnorunt-d5s4yan.jpg

I'm very proud of this one... and very confused.

I feel I've improved at drawing hands, and the anatomical positioning of the body.

At first this was gonna be something out of practice, but then I gave him seaweed hair. Thus, I called him Seaweed.

I'm not sure if he's actually an OC. I shall not use him mainly, I guess. I shall just call him a cookie. Great and consumable.

Don't ask me why the hell I gave him lopsized feet with weird shoes, that... design, thingy on his jumper, and that sword. The sword doesn't fit in at all. He proabably would've been better off with a guitar.

• Upvote 2

Unfortunately, Silver is broke as hell and can't attend his art classes in the spring. I did buy some sharpies though, and got bored at family Christmas:

IMAG0006-1-2.jpg

The point of this wasn't Midnight herself, it was playing with Sharpies and blending color >>

Edited by Silver~
  • Upvote 2

Eh.

IMAG0009-1_zps7ff16b79.jpg

I'm really happy with how.it turned out, but.. oh well. My hair isn't twice the size of my.body, and I feel like my legs have gotten better--more than just straight lines. I dunno.. I'm actually looking for a judgement because I personally think this is my favorite and best thing I've made.

• Upvote 1

Eh.

IMAG0009-1_zps7ff16b79.jpg

I'm really happy with how.it turned out, but.. oh well. My hair isn't twice the size of my.body, and I feel like my legs have gotten better--more than just straight lines. I dunno.. I'm actually looking for a judgement because I personally think this is my favorite and best thing I've made.

I recommend making the head bigger and the hair a bit smaller. >> Someone told me the head is supposed to fit in the body like 7 times or whatever.

And please don't take this as an insult or something I'm just telling you how you can get even better. :U

• Upvote 2

I just realized that if I just looked for some images I'd could've given her clothes that would've matched her a whole lot more. Hoodies and jeans shouldn't be the only clothes I ever draw.

I tried to achieve the bookworm look in this. Instead, I drew horrible shoes, and a right hand which I'm ashamed of. Also, I tried to make her a girl, but I can't actually tell if the final result is a boy or a girl. Maybe it's a tomboy. Or a tomgirl.

Well, it's not the worst I've ever done. Practice makes perfect.

bookworm_by_roothesnorunt-d5towzr.jpg

• Upvote 2

And it's Roo back with his weekly full body practice:

7ac50c00f1cfffd558bd0c7496d40d48-d5uhm1v

I want to start experimenting with different poses now, so this'll be my last "standing still" image for a while.

Also, socks have taught me just how hard it is to draw feet. They're as tricky as hands are, seriously...

• Upvote 1

And you asked ME how I got good. I should have asked you. Roo, your stuff is pretty kickass, to be honest

Thanks. Not trying to sound narcissistic here, but I'm not all that good XP

But anyway, it takes me about 2-3 hours to do one of these big ones as of late. Considering learning how to draw new poses, it's probably gonna take longer in the future.