Art!

Miss Kitty

Why, that's not even bad! I like the expression in the eye, particularly. In fact, Eagles are my favourite animal by far. I hope you won't mind me offering advice, or think me arrogant for doing so, but I'd say that your focus should be on improving perspective and relative proportion of body parts. For instance, the head and face appear a tad small compared to the beak, which is very large and heavy-looking. I look forward to seeing much more from you!

Edited by Viridescent
  • Upvote 1

Don't worry about offering constructive criticism, I find it very useful. I agree that my proportions aren't the best, it's something I've been trying to improve on, but it's a slow process. Especially considering I've been too busy to focus much on drawing - what I've posted so far is all the (finished) art I've done between summer and Christmas. Haven't done much since.

I'm slightly drunk so I thought this would be a good idea. See you tomorrow deep regret my old friend haha.

Mostly not-that-fancy pokemon sketches ahead, because that's only what I do dare to post.

tumblr_o4x6w70L4n1v6nrs4o4_500.jpg Alright this might not be a pokemon

But these are

tumblr_o4x6w70L4n1v6nrs4o8_500.jpgSo electro ball

tumblr_o4x6w70L4n1v6nrs4o9_500.jpgLeaf storm

tumblr_o4x6w70L4n1v6nrs4o10_500.jpgAnd gunk shot

tumblr_o4x6w70L4n1v6nrs4o2_400.jpgMe cant into anatomy

tumblr_o4x6w70L4n1v6nrs4o7_500.jpgVenti birb was nice to do

tumblr_o4x6w70L4n1v6nrs4o1_400.jpgThese got over hundred notes!!

tumblr_o4x6w70L4n1v6nrs4o6_1280.jpgIt's fuckton to me!!

tumblr_o4x6w70L4n1v6nrs4o3_400.jpgThese did not

tumblr_o4x6w70L4n1v6nrs4o5_500.jpgDishonor. Dishonor on your jolteon

• Upvote 4

I often find people's sketches and rough work to be interesting. It sheds some light on what the purveyor of art doesn't normally see and sometimes what the artist doesn't want them to see.

So I took the liberty of montaging most of the sketches I found on my desk. This is everything I've done that was too small, undetailed, poorly-proportioned, untidy, or otherwise unfinished, to make the final cut. Yet I feel the need to share them here.

A few of these were later finished into the better drawings you can see in my post above.

you could say there's a story behind all of these

A9079XV.jpg

• Upvote 1

To clarify, I meant that each sketch probably had a story behind it, as opposed to all the sketches collectively having a story. Just in case that wasn't clear.

The Tepig/half-hearted Treecko pair is actually my most recent drawing of the whole thing. In fact, I drew it the same day I uploaded those, yesterday. They're the player character and partner character of my playthrough of Super Mystery Dungeon, respectively. I lost interest while sketching the Treecko, as you can probably tell.

Oh, I see. I must've missed that. Well, that only makes me wonder what the other stories could be.

And yeah, it is true that you seemed to have tailed off with the treecko. That espeon looks rather well fed, what's its story?

Well fed? I didn't realise it was that fat...

I believe this Espeon was the result of my asking the server for a random Pokémon. If I remember correctly, I disliked the first idea and went with the next (it might have been Bibs'?). So I just drew that down in the moment.

Edited by Spineblade

• 3 weeks later...

Look, another thing! This was probably my biggest Pokémon-related artwork I've completed to date, and the only digital one that I really consider to be complete. Artistically speaking, there are more than a few issues with it, but I don't have a huge amount of experience with digital art and for this, I'm pretty pleased with what I did. It was also pretty fun to make.

dLKwCoz.png

P.S. This isn't new. I've had it completed for over a year now, but I felt like posting it here.

• Upvote 3

Look, another thing! This was probably my biggest Pokémon-related artwork I've completed to date, and the only digital one that I really consider to be complete. Artistically speaking, there are more than a few issues with it, but I don't have a huge amount of experience with digital art and for this, I'm pretty pleased with what I did. It was also pretty fun to make.

dLKwCoz.png

P.S. This isn't new. I've had it completed for over a year now, but I felt like posting it here.

Loooooooks good Spine. Like the coloring, shading and no linearts. Sweet work.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...