Art!

Miss Kitty

Eh. I'm working on something now that I have my Mark Crilley book xP

Placeholder for new things, unless this gets washed away, in which case this is irrelevant

Mastering Manga?

Hah, that's the same one I have :3

It's pretty much the reason I'm able to draw manga.

New project I've been working on. Each page is gonna consist of two "yonkoma manga (four cell manga)" style strips and an illustration on the side. The illustration will relate directly to the yonkomas in either where it takes place or what's happening in it. There won't be much of a real plot line behind this series, being a "day-in-the-life."

Maylene Episode 1:

Maylene-Pg1_zps8914fd60.jpg

Shouldn't be hard to guess who she's based on.

• Upvote 5

So this is my first time drawing a pose that isn't still image. I have VERY mixed feelings about it:

sitting_with_bad_hands_by_roothesnorunt-Turn your head sliightly.

I FUCKING WRESTLED with that right hand. It caused me pain forever, and even in the end I couldn't even get it right. Don't even get me started on my horrible effort with the feet, too... especially the left shoe.

Well, it's a milestone managing to draw new poses, though, so I guess I should be a bit happy. I get the feeling I won't do anything really dynamic for a long time, though.

Oh and sometime in the next 100 years I'll get a scanner and my shading won't look non-existent... and the angle of the picture won't look sideways, either. I'm killing myself over that.

• Upvote 2

I'm getting really frustrated with one of our foreign exchange students, walking in and screwing me up while I'm going overvwith my pen. Fffff.

But I feel that I'm getting better as a whole, with a few things to improve. The face/head details are gonna wait until I actually draw.. bigger. But heres a thing for practice with clothing wrinkles and design~

IMAG0028_zps6688a697.jpg

He walked in and messed up my mouth. I got pissed >>

And Yeah, I should do poses.. and make them look less anorexic. But other than that I'm improving ^^;

Edited by Silver~
  • Upvote 2

8d75bcb28daafd00f22920e6663a5cd4-d5wtovk

I swear to god, I need to start using a scanner already. I'll probably use one next week, if I get one by then. I need to already, godamnit.

Anyway, the hands actually weren't as big a problem as usual- well, reinstating. The right hand was a journey of misery, but the front hand seemed alright to me. As for the shoes and hair, while the feet aren't too bad, I feel I didn't design either too well. I guess I'm trying to focus more on the actual poses right now.

Speaking of which, I tried to make this guy walk like I did in some of my very early practice sketches; I clearly haven't done the foreshortening all that well, because the foot doesn't fit in well, making the guy more like he just put his shoes on and is about to calmly walk out of a normal looking doorway.

Oh, well. This stuff takes a lot of practice.

Unfortunately for me, I'm not as patient when it comes to my digital drawing tablet; but I'll get there... eventually.

• Upvote 1

Hm, I suppose I can throw in a few of things I've made in Photoshop. Such as wallpapers, banners, etc.

But before, I assume writing can be posted here as well?

Not only stories and such, but would it be fine to post character concepts and designs? Not drawings of course, things such as their backstory/motivations/overall concept/etc.

I've created a great deal of characters and have written and still am writing various stories that weave together to form a complex world. I have a few scrapped characters that are interesting, and of course active characters that I not only write stories for but Roleplay as. And, hell if I impress enough I might even inspire someone to make a visual representation of my character as they see them.
My friend and I intend to bring these characters and stories to life as more than just... Well, stories. It would be interesting to see what others think of them.

• Upvote 1

Hm, I suppose I can throw in a few of things I've made in Photoshop. Such as wallpapers, banners, etc.

But before, I assume writing can be posted here as well?

Not only stories and such, but would it be fine to post character concepts and designs? Not drawings of course, things such as their backstory/motivations/overall concept/etc.

I've created a great deal of characters and have written and still am writing various stories that weave together to form a complex world. I have a few scrapped characters that are interesting, and of course active characters that I not only write stories for but Roleplay as. And, hell if I impress enough I might even inspire someone to make a visual representation of my character as they see them. My friend and I intend to bring these characters and stories to life as more than just... Well, stories. It would be interesting to see what others think of them.

I'm not too sure, but Mashew featured a poem he wrote in here. I'm sure it's fine to include it here, so long as you don't include everything. Besides, this sounds intriguing. I want to know! :3

• Upvote 1

I'm not too sure, but Mashew featured a poem he wrote in here. I'm sure it's fine to include it here, so long as you don't include everything. Besides, this sounds intriguing. I want to know! :3

Oh, I won't include every last detail. That would be very tiring to read and type out. I'll simply post things in the format that I use during the creation process of my characters. Simple things liked their character archetype and such, and of course a summary of their story and motivations. I think I'll post my most recent work, a Pokémon character that is actually inspired by the Reborn game itself. I like the dark approach to things.

• Upvote 1

Alright, here is a general profile of one of my characters. She is the main protagonist of a little fan fiction I'm in the process of writing. I intend to eventually set in the Reborn Region.

So, tell me what you guys think. I've put more effort in to this than I have any of my writing in a long time.

The Other Precious Metal

Name:
Mercury Blaire (Blaire is her Middle Name.)

Birthplace:
Vermillion City, Kanto

Starting Region:
Johto Region

Starter Pokémon:
Totodile

Alignment:
Mercury Has Her Own Agenda, Though She Dislikes Most of The Villainous
Teams and Will Often Side Against Them Should The Situation Call For it.

Personality:
Fiery, Abrasive, Straight Forward, Mildly Flirtatious, Compassionate Toward Pokémon.

Skills as a Trainer:
Mercury has the unique ability to empathize with and
understand Pokémon.
She is not opposed to capturing Pokémon, though she has a policy of only capturing them
if they are willing to come along. She is also less reliant on her
Pokémon than your run of the mill trainer, and is capable of defending herself without
them should a time come when it may be necessary.

Trainer/Battle Style:
Mercury prefers the slow take-down of her opponent, using status
effects and defensive buffs to her advantage. However, she will utilize
quick take-downs when time is of the essence.
Mercury prefers to
bond with her Pokémon and considers them valuable friends and allies.
She holds disdain for those who use them as tools. She sees Pokémon as
other people.

Preferred Type/Types:
Mercury has no preferred type
in battle, though she has taken a liking to many Dark and Poison Type
Pokémon.

Goals as a Trainer:
Mercury's ultimate goal is to
rebuild Team Rocket as a benevolent organization in an attempt to clear
her tarnished family name. Her other goal, is to locate and reconcile
with her brother Silver. She particularly enjoys gathering badges,
though she has no desire to participate in any of the Pokémon League
Tournaments themselves.

Summary:
Basically the overall point of the fan fiction is Mercury's search for her brother, Silver. The actual fan fic will take place after the Johto story arc, however I'm also focusing on a prequel that lays out her initial journey through the Johto Region. Her journey was actually started before Gold and Silver's. Hence, why she ignorant of her brother and Gold's journey. I intend to make the prequel actually focus as a prequel to Mercury's story and a direct prequel to the Johto story arc. Mercury will, if unintentionally be wound up in the attempted revival of Team Rocket by Archer and the other Executives. As a matter of fact, they will play part in her desire to rebuild Team Rocket as a benevolent organization (Mind you this goal will only be obtained once she has located Silver.) I want her to be the explanation for why certain things did this or why certain people were in certain places.

You can basically consider her Journey to be Three Steps ahead of Silver and Gold. For instance by the time Gold obtains his starter, Mercury will have already defeated Whitney and will be on her way to her next badge. She will even wind up in the Kanto region, though this will be in search of her father and the roots of the original Team Rocket Organization. She will actually be in the Kanto Region at the same time as Gold and Silver. She will depart to the Reborn Region after Silver has gone through his training in the Dragon's Den and Gold has defeated Red atop of Mt. Silver. I intend on having Silver travel to the Reborn Region for his own persona journey after his training in the Dragon's Den.

Edited by Nutcase
  • Upvote 1

First piece of my AP Art: Drawing portfolio.

APPortfolio0001_zps22e280af.jpg

The theme behind my portfolio is dreamscapes and surreal scenery. This piece is about a nightmare in a dry barren desert where fused creatures and twisted dead vegetation spawn, only light by twin fading crescent moons.

• Upvote 4

leany_machiney_by_roothesnorunt-d5xl1b4.

And today's weekly showdown is with a lying pose.

Also, I think lying poses are my weakness now; I did everything here bad, to an extent. Apart from the left hand; that was ok.

Seriously, the front leg is horribly deformed and the right hand just looks strange.

Maybe one day I'll gather all these old drawings and then do better versions of them.

Also, I tried using my dad's scanner, and he got it to work for me.

• Upvote 1

bad_floating_by_roothesnorunt-d5yc822.jp

I did this... pretty bad.

I was gonna start with a "you shall not pass"-esque pose, but the hands would reach outside the paper. I decided to move the arms a bit down, and lo and behold I got a... floaty... pose... thingy.

I was just gonna do him standing in a non-statue way from that point on, but I screwed up so many proportions it's not even funny.

Granted, it's not abysmal, but I just did this bad. I WANNA DO THINGS BETTER FOR ONCE ;_;
  • Upvote 1

First two pieces are a part of my AP portfolio that I had submitted into a local art show

578025_4586485336609_1966605097_n.jpg

The second piece my mother couldn't get a good shot of alone, but rather she got one with me next to it. (It's the one with the hands)

6424_4586460015976_1522214238_n.jpg

I had no time to prepare, hence my hair.

This piece is a prototype of Dr. William "Kiozo" Smith (Kiozo), an esteemed professer of natural sciences and refugee of the ruined country of Mysidia in +Infinitas.

BetterWill_zps1aa055d1.jpg

• Upvote 5

• Administrators

The second piece my mother couldn't get a good shot of alone, but rather she got one with me next to it. (It's the one with the hands)

6424_4586460015976_1522214238_n.jpg

I had no time to prepare, hence my hair.

Went back through the topic and found this:

554201_448461681872244_1684054958_n.jpg

Knew it was here somewhere; I saw you tagged in those pictures by someone on facebook idk who because I don't stalk your family but still as legit as ever. Very nicely done. Were you specifically chosen to have things on display or did they accept all the submissions from everyone?
Also Kiozo showed me the incomplete version of that last one on Skype a couple days back- I think he likes it, and with good reason :P

My teacher chose to display my art as well as other AP students in my class. Also I had completely forgotten uploading that earlier in this thread. :x

Also now that I look at Kiozo's pic, it's still not 100% done, I can put in one more face shot hood-up and I need an Insignia of sorts for the pocket watch which I let Kiozo design. Push comes to shove, I can probably make one myself, but I thought it'd be cooler for someone from Mysidia to make a Mysidian logo.

As for Amethyst, I can firmly say that watercolor is my best wet medium by far as far as workability.