Art!

Miss Kitty

This is Ikaru, whom I was motivated to do because of the logs I have and the story Im gonna do. Also I finally have clothing folds down to a point.

Side note: That's the Reborn pokeball emblem thing, NOT a nipple as is widely believed in my school now qq

IMAG0063-1_zps058662cf.jpg

• Upvote 1

*poke*

everything_everything_by_roothesnorunt-d

At first I was trying to get better at drawing different clothes... then I tried to focus on the hands... and then this... and then that... AND THEN I DON'T KNOW WHAT.

Maybe this is supposed to be a sum-up of how all my artistic techniques and knowledge have improved!

...aka not at all.

• Upvote 2

Nah, your hands have certainly improved. The only thing I have a small thing about is that HIS LEGS ARE 1.5x THE SIZE OF HIS BODY

But it is actually good. Don't tell yourself you haven't improved. You have.

Nah, your hands have certainly improved. The only thing I have a small thing about is that HIS LEGS ARE 1.5x THE SIZE OF HIS BODY

But it is actually good. Don't tell yourself you haven't improved. You have.

His legs are actually the height they're supposed to be, as is everyone else's. The problem is that I'm making the bodies TOO GODAMN THIN ;_;

I need to get some blubber fat

Another portrait for AP.

apportfolio0004.jpg

My friend Sam. Her biggest fear that she told me was of centipedes. Not sure how well I executed the background in this one, though. I admit I was getting lazy after a bit.

• Upvote 1

walking_shmalking_by_roothesnorunt-d63de

Proof to y'all that it wasn't my humans having stilt legs, but them being too thin.

ASIDE from that, I decided to turn back to the walking pose this time, since I hadn't done it in quite a bit.

Also I suck at drawing the back of hands, as you can see with his right hand. Looks more like a crab skeleton.

Other than that, the only problem with this picture is THAT HE'S NOT ACTUALLY WALKING I SUCK AT THIS *headdesk*

• Upvote 1

da_fridge_is_this_coin_by_roothesnorunt-

This is revisiting the old "Sitting On Thin Air" position!

I felt I did okay all-around. I can live with this! Not sure if the body and leg size are completely accurate though...

Oh hey look I actually drew hands okay for once

Also, I'm considering changing up the eyes a little on future drawings. They all seem to follow the "one line, one circle" trend.

• Upvote 1

48003_4797267331752_1704006570_n.jpg

5/5/13

Digimon binge. Been feeling totally uninspired lately and one of my old childhood favorites is beginning to remedy that.

Also I experimented a bit more with photoshop a while back and made some forum sigs.

dianasig.png

twilightfades.png

awingkayle.png

quinn.png

phoenixquinn.png

also sorry for the obnoxious pink and moldy quality lol. Shamelessly taken from my Facebook post.

• Upvote 3

hey_look_he_s_actually_moving_by_roothes

Today, I have succeeded in making somebody look like they're walking!

...I have also managed to successfully draw the hands horribly.

Also, shading is really starting to get on my nerves; the slightest few strokes can make it look all awkward.

I'm thinking maybe next time I should focus more on different kinds of clothes now rather than the plain ol' jumper n' trousers set.

• Upvote 1

Not my fault this happens to be a double post

happy_____by_roothesnorunt-d65t78y.jpg

Before looking at this drawing, please take your time to cut the drawing in half and throw the bottom half away.

Because I DID THE BOTTOM HALF TERRIBLY THOSE DON'T LOOK LIKE LEGS IN THE SLIGHTEST THEY LOOK LIKE WOODEN POLES FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T HAVE LEGS AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

*ahem*

The original goal was for me to draw someone looking happy. I'm not sure if it ended up happy happy like I wanted it to, or about-to-go-psycho happy... which I didn't want.

Now if you excuse me I have to go and do extensive studying of horrible shading and proper leg anatomy
  • Upvote 1

Kay so It's been a little while.

And he isn't eternally pissed off or whatever!

I think this went quite well, actually.

spacer.gif941494_580686978632081_2080069287_n.jpg

Also this is the unfinished version, I have a newer one somewhere but too lazy.

Edited by Silver~
  • Upvote 2

i_m_on_this_side_by_roothesnorunt-d66nlz

Wouldja lookit that it's a picture with the head slightly lopped off because scanner derped but hey it's only like one line of pencil missing

Also this is a bit too thin by the standards of the face and that causes the body to look slightly thin but that's not too bad and neither are the hands because I decided to be lazy with him

This was supposed to be a confident walking guy. Looks more like a "don't care" guy to me.

• Upvote 2

I fear no rules

smiley_man_by_roothesnorunt-d67j0z1.jpg

So since my last attempt to draw a happy person failed miserably, I tried again!

It isn't as bad this time,except ohmygod what happened to your hands and feet

Anyway, I'm progressing, so I guess it isn't all bad.

• Upvote 2

Took me a while to find this thread.

So Imma post a few things...I'm not that good so bare with me.

https://photos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s720x720/562437_414218958675158_514556666_n.jpg

Ignore everything around that image and just focus on the person.

https://photos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/s720x720/376089_414840741946313_4014967_n.jpg

Me being bored in class. I know it's terrible xc

https://fbcdn-photos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/s720x720/931319_424714930958894_1128298658_n.jpg

I said 'Fuck you legs' cuz /lazy

https://photos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/s720x720/387669_190424227721300_971501788_n.jpg

Super fucking old. The hands and legs are teribad lel

https://fbcdn-photos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/392583_172985069465216_860488908_n.jpg

Old, but a personal favorite.

~Sapphire

• Upvote 1

foreshortened_hoodie_by_roothesnorunt-d6

So this time there were a couple of goals for this drawing; first, expand my fashion sense back a bit higher than just a plain jumper and a pair of trousers. Second, practice a small piece of foreshortening, and third, not suck at drawing!

I rather failed at the foreshortening. I took a page (or several) out of Mark Crilley's book, but I still made the hand look like a detached body part. Apart from that, I think I did good (huehuehue those definetely detailed shoes *cough*), and I'm rather proud of myself on this one!
  • Upvote 2