Rejuvenation Discussion Thread

Jan

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Where do I go after defeating Keta at Sheridan Village? The elder says they both disappeared beyond the waterfall but I don't know how to get there, and his emotions aren't at the Amethyst Grotto.

Derp derp, nevermind I'm dumb.

Edited by BreezyPonie

A funny question for today(kinda except everyday) because why the hell not. Rejuvenation related.

What is your favourite and least favourite Rejuvenation version?

Favourite.

Rejuvenation: Version 2 > All version #TruthofAxe

Nah, maybe version 6. Because of the remading made me a lot happier, and it fixed up a hell of a things i had problems tbh.

Least.

Version 3, cuz narcissa was a bitch to beat. And i had long time with grinding without version 2 so there.

However i don't hate it, i like it quite well. It introduced me more ghost pokemon, which i like a lot.

Also pangoro moment lulz.

i looked at an old vid of version 5.5 I think but jesus Marianette seemed like, 10x easier back then. Multipulse was completely different and ot nearly as dangerous, Slaking wasn't quite as deadly, her field wasn't nearly as beneficial to her...it's like you made normal the old intense or something. Especially compared to Keta who was a piece of cake compared to her. I even found Narcissca easier, even with the dark type-neutering her field provides save for her massively annoying Spiritomb. I guess her field provides 100% hypnosis accuracy? Man that was killing me, but I guess I should've brought berries huh?

I really am enjoying the game especially the town design(it's marvelous) but the dialogue and characters are a bit offputting since they feel too "bro" for my taste. Like it's very awkward(and Reborn has this problem too to some extent as do many fangames) to have a character literally saying LOL during a conversation and really kills immersion for me since laughter in dialogue shouldn't be portrayed like that. It isn't chatspeak and really kind of screams "yeah this was made by a person who spends a LOT of time on forums and chatrooms or such." Another thing is that a lot of the characters are too "warm/hot" personality wise where it's getting kind of hard to distinguish between their personalities. Like a lot of the friendly-gym leaders are either hot-headed or sociopathic weirdos, while the bad guys are just enormous assholes, it's a bit offputting. Mosely/Venam/Saki seem almost interchangeable in personality, all having this brotastic IDGAF so cray cray attitude. TBH they're kind of annoying and I find myself liking Meia and Narcissca a lot more since their cooler/more neutral personalities seem to make them stand out more and feel more believable. I'm guessing this might be an issue of early game writing weirdness since I'm only at the 5th badge but yeah it's pretty noticeable and a major gripe I have.

Oh, and your rival, Ren or whatever? Utter fool and I really dislike him, though that seems to be the point?. The whole Goldenleaf town arc was excellent though, really hilarious how everybody was a jerk and the backstory behind it. Narcissca is definitely my favorite character so far.

I thought the castle was annoying at first but the payoff was fantastic. The story itself is definitely heading into really promising territory.

Another thing, how come some of the TMs have weird availibilities? Like stacking shot can't be learned by Infernape? really? Also the last two leaders didn't give me any TMs, why? Facade is a pretty weak prize if that's supposed to be it.

I'd say the one i enjoyed the most playing was V5, as it was the first one i played (came a little late) and it caught me with many surprises, i love V6, but as i replayed it i didn't enjoy the suspense of not knowing what was going to happen for more than half the game, except certain parts like Melia in the Blacksteeple Castle, or.. the Castle itself lol

What came after V5 story-wise was amazing, being revealed some stuff about Team Xen, complemented by Eli and Sharon that confessed they don't even want to be part of that, and Crescent taking an even more important role, yeah, great so far!

Also, regarding the part where you speak with Eli and Sharon at the top of Valor Mountain (before the battle), what's the song that plays? I'm pretty sure it's different from the regular one..

Edited by Toufu Survivor

i looked at an old vid of version 5.5 I think but jesus Marianette seemed like, 10x easier back then. Multipulse was completely different and ot nearly as dangerous, Slaking wasn't quite as deadly, her field wasn't nearly as beneficial to her...it's like you made normal the old intense or something. Especially compared to Keta who was a piece of cake compared to her. I even found Narcissca easier, even with the dark type-neutering her field provides save for her massively annoying Spiritomb. I guess her field provides 100% hypnosis accuracy? Man that was killing me, but I guess I should've brought berries huh?

I really am enjoying the game especially the town design(it's marvelous) but the dialogue and characters are a bit offputting since they feel too "bro" for my taste. Like it's very awkward(and Reborn has this problem too to some extent as do many fangames) to have a character literally saying LOL during a conversation and really kills immersion for me since laughter in dialogue shouldn't be portrayed like that. It isn't chatspeak and really kind of screams "yeah this was made by a person who spends a LOT of time on forums and chatrooms or such." Another thing is that a lot of the characters are too "warm/hot" personality wise where it's getting kind of hard to distinguish between their personalities. Like a lot of the friendly-gym leaders are either hot-headed or sociopathic weirdos, while the bad guys are just enormous assholes, it's a bit offputting. Mosely/Venam/Saki seem almost interchangeable in personality, all having this brotastic IDGAF so cray cray attitude. TBH they're kind of annoying and I find myself liking Meia and Narcissca a lot more since their cooler/more neutral personalities seem to make them stand out more and feel more believable. I'm guessing this might be an issue of early game writing weirdness since I'm only at the 5th badge but yeah it's pretty noticeable and a major gripe I have.

Oh, and your rival, Ren or whatever? Utter fool and I really dislike him, though that seems to be the point?. The whole Goldenleaf town arc was excellent though, really hilarious how everybody was a jerk and the backstory behind it. Narcissca is definitely my favorite character so far.

I thought the castle was annoying at first but the payoff was fantastic. The story itself is definitely heading into really promising territory.

Another thing, how come some of the TMs have weird availibilities? Like stacking shot can't be learned by Infernape? really? Also the last two leaders didn't give me any TMs, why? Facade is a pretty weak prize if that's supposed to be it.

I had the exact same problem in previous version. Something just felt off for me with dialouge and character.

I do think in version 6, they actually made the thing much better really. More realistic(kinda except for the funny moments) and less bro-ish.

However i'm in Keta's time playthrough, so i can't judge fully yet.

Jan put a kind of event to find the TM's. And honestly i like it, you can get something awesome pokemon and such from it before getting the tm.

Facade i dunno really.

Oh man no wonder I barely have any good TMs. They aren't missable, are they?

The story is really starting to get interesting though. I think I know what Team Xen is already, but it'll be fun to see what their motives truly are.

What do you mean missable??

Me too, really interesting.

The pichu event, when i beat narcsicca+ did the whole meeting in her house with the town and still cant get pichu? is there something ive missed?

Edit: Nvm figured it out. my bad

Edited by Blazeheat91