Most Surprisingly useful Pokemon

Sir Issac

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Emolga I already knew was awesome from my first X playthrough, Pachi is pretty similar in function so I made sure to use him this time and he has not disappointed. I sort of love just how surprisingly tough the little guy is. Arbok was a major player in my SS run so last playthrough he ended up being a huge aid in the tougher fights thanks to glare which hardly ever misses in Reborn for some reason.

I never used Gourgeist before but man, this chick(well mine is a guy w/e) is BEASTLY. It's easily my 2nd strongest member current playthrough and has turned the tables of many a fight. Definitely one of my favorite ghosts now.

Luxray. Training the thing up was exhausting due to it's terrible speed, but good lord that thing is 10 levels below the rest of my (Primarily physical team with Lonely/Adamant natures) and it's got insane amounts of attack power. I often forget this and become surprised when it one-shots things with Spark.

Pachirisu was amazingly useful. Used Bide to take 2 hits from PULSE Tangrowth and it actually lived to kill it.

And Whismur, oh, my now unused Loudred (Didn't bother evolving it). This thing had amazing special attack. Combined with a decent speed and Uproar, this got me through just about every important battle other than Gyms up until Shade, I believe.

It takes a while of it sitting in the daycare/grinding, but barbaracle is a monster for my team right now, easily dispatching meteor grunts, noel (used his swellow as set-up bait), and even fern thanks to the truly stupid AI. It's raced several levels ahead of the rest of my team because of how well it works with the field effects. Want to battle some meteor goons? Nature power turns into field boosted, tough claws boosted gear grind. Is the field shorted out? tough claws, field boosted night slash thanks. Haven't even got to the fun parts of unleashing hell with this thing on the chess field (tough claws, field boosted, STAB strength (strength gains rock typing on the chess field)). If that typhlosion has been denied energy ball in the latest update, I can see me having some fun at charlotte's expense too, possibly even terra if I use an air balloon.

• 4 weeks later...

For me (and apparently many others) it was Meowstic (F) and Pyroar. Having charge beam on the former and work up on the latter really just made sweeping the gym leaders a lot easier than I expected. Thoroughly satisfied with these two Kalos beasts.

I had 3 not so used pokemon which proved to be useful.

Minun- I really needed a electric type pokemon,and didnt get an emolga like some have,so I somehow ended with minun. I can say,its quite good! I used it from around lvl 20-40,it actually has a decent speed and hits quite well,electro ball ftw

Seaking-also as someone said,needed a water pokemon and I just fished there for goldeen. Stats may be bad of seaking,but the early waterfall swept opponents,and horn drill+megahorn were useful too. I actually had it in my team the whole time.

Tranquill-Unfezant-Air cutter crit swept everything around lvl 15-30,used it till lvl 40 then the lack of physical attacks was just a bit too much to handle so I had to switch it

Kricketune and Trubbish saved me more often than I'd like to admit in the early game . . . :unsure:

Emolga has also been good, but I kinda expected it to be good since it has good typing and a decent movepool.

It's just too bad it doesn't evolve . . . Of course, if it did, I'm sure Ame wouldn't give it to us so early . . . :P

Edited by ReddestDream

Definitely my kricketune i got it with technician and once it learned furycutter it was OHKO pokemon and made mega tangrowth more of a joke then anything.

I must agree, the one time I picked up the technician kricket, I was really surprised at how useful it was @_@

For me, it would have to be Swoobat. With simple once it hits level 29 for calm mind, it can sweep any gym without a speedy physical attacker. Plus with double battles you can calm mind up to +6 and use the partner for heeling

In my latest run through, I must say that I have discovered a few interesting diamonds in the rough.

Despite there being so many decent or better fire types in Reborn, one has truly come through for me time and time again. It is been none other than the lovely little Gen III Camel, Numel. Numel has an excellent level up moveset and anyone who tells you otherwise is selling something blind. It gets the ability Simple, which alone is enough to turn even Biberal into a potential sweeper. If you have a Simple Numel, it will also become a Solid Rock Camerupt, which is, again, an excellent ability. But just look at Numel's learnset:

Amnesia at level 19: when paired with Simple, allows you to boost to +4 Special Defense in a single turn.

Lava Plume at level 22: this is essentially a Fire type equivalent of Scald. 80 BP, 30% Burn chance. But wait, there's more! Remember the Forest Field which Shelly and 2/3 of the PULSE Tangrowths use? Yeah, Lava Plume lights that on fire and further boosts it and prevents all sorts of annoying sweeps.

Earth Power at level 26: How many Pokemon in the game can say that they gain access to one of their primary STAB moves which will continue to be used for the remainder of the game at a measly level 26? Very few fall into that category, but Numel is one of the chosen few.

So by level 26, Numel has the majority of his moves to be used for the remainder of his lifespan on your team. I would recommend also making sure, using a Hidden Power calculator, that your Numel would acquire HP Grass for coverage. Then, Numel will truly be destroying all his foes.

Most useful...hmm. I'd have to say, probably my Gorebyss. Though I got it rather late into the game, it's since become such a monster in its own right. That one pokemon alone was able to pretty much disgrace Terra's entire team except for her Quagsire. It's got good offense like Ice Beam, Scald, even Psychic/Shadow Ball if you want those(and new Draining Kiss it got in ORAS for a little healing), on top of being my humongous wall of a tank(Iron Defense + Amnesia trololol, though didn't really help much in the glitch field xD). Add that defense on top of of a dual screener like my Cryogonal and...jeebers.

Could also get Shell Smash for it too, getting rid of one of the defense increasers, but eh, I'd rather have my lovable wall. :3

Edited by Aurorain

Seaking and Arcanine for me. I'll be honest, I don't often use fire types. The only three I've ever used before Reborn were Blaziken, Typhlosion, and Delphox, other then that I saw them as a waste of my time. But by the great Lord Arceus, Arcanine is a monster. He's gotten me past every single major challenge to date, from the PULSE Abra and Arceus to Charolette's team. Even more surprising is the fact that I ended up with a modest Growlithe when I rescued the police officer, so I'm not even using Arcanine's attack stat in these battles. Though his Special Attack is through the roof.

The other one is Seaking. Once again, I don't really use many water types, and generally I stick to Gyrados, but Seaking is turning out to be surprisingly useful in battles. I found that Seaking did amazingly well in most battles and is a good utility pokemon, what with it having Waterfall, Dive, and Surf. Seaking even gave Charlotte's team a good run for her money.

Kricketune is definitely one of the most helpful pokemon early on in the game. As for late game, Swampert and Gardevoir have helped me so much, especially Swampert<3

I'll have to join the Krickitune and Trubbish club here lol.

Elecktrike deserves an honorable mention as well due to Lightningrod.

He was eventually replaced my Magnezone when I got that.

If we ever get the ability to Mega Evolve Manectric (LOLOLOLOLnope) he will definitely get his time to shine again.