The Cheapest Boss fight you have played against.

Shing

Cheap boss are bosses so is really unfair,have moves so is Overpowered, broken eh you get the idea.

And made us ragequit or throw the controller.

Mine: Metal sonic from Sonic the Fighters.

Anyone so have played Sonic the fighters, knows the the wrath of Metal sonic cheapness and broken moves. The barriers got knock out fast

HIs theme song Never let it go

When it says never let it go, it seriously means NEVER LET IT GO.

You may spam the same move with the other cpus before metal sonic, but when you meet this guy, your shit spam is dead.

I found Sephiroth very easy, and Lingering Will somewhat challenging, but can be learned easily.

He's right here. I beat Sephiroth my first try on KH2, and once you get his attack patterns down and have the proper setup Lingering Will can be beaten fairly easily.

Going with the theme of KH bosses, The Phantom in KH1 Final Mix was probably the most annoying thing in the series. That stupid ball under it made it so you could only attack it a certain way, meanwhile it would spin the clock to instakill your party members and eventually you if you didn't cast stop in time.

Edited by DragonMasterKrim

Lol all these games and I've only played Devil May Cry :P

However, spoilers:

The cheapest has to be, without a doubt, Sanctus in DMC4. Both battles against the old creep have you fighting him while floating inside a force-shield that makes him impervious to guns. You HAVE to get close enough to damage the shield and let him unprotected, but Sanctus has the abit to attack with very long-range attacks while not only staying away from you, but also SCAPING away as soon as you reach him. And half-way through, he'll start jumping inside the Savior (giant statue) to attack from there with a giant punch. BUT, he does this EXACTLY a second after you get lucky enough to break his shield. This half of the battle can get to be an hour long, no joke, and eventually drains you from your own HP and healing items, since is unlikely to stay in battle all that time without the character suffering some damage from time to time.

The last battle of the game is against him again (which is a disappointment, BTW), but inside the statue, having the guy gained unspeakable demonic power through the means of bullshit. EVEN SO, the bitch floats around in the same force-shield, and runs the same attacks, AND also gains a move that he uses in the second half and is literally unavoidable: in fact, you winning depends on perfectly timing your block for that move and getting him stunt enough time to damage him. Is frustrating as fuck.

Cheap boss fight? Most of the Souls games come to mind, as well as most fighting games. Shao Khan, Akuma, Seth, Uriel, Marie, Azazel, Unknown, Dizzy, and the magneto thing in the original Marvel vs Capcom.

Virgil in DMC3. Or the Nirvana in DMC 3. They did some really cheap things.

A lot of JRPGs had quite a few cheap boss fights as well, *looks at dragon quest, Shin Megami Tensei, and Earthbound*

Now you excuse me, I have some Bloodborne bosses to rage at

Oh Ya, most of the "raid bosses" in Borderlands 2

That stupid Terramorphis KO Mael and I by throwing us off the arena smash bros style one too many times.

• Support Squad

Oh Ya, most of the "raid bosses" in Borderlands 2

That stupid Terramorphis KO Mael and I by throwing us off the arena smash bros style one too many times.

Yo, flying was fun doe

Alpha Blogg from Metroid Prime 2

You have to stand still while it charges at you so you can shoot it's mouth and then sidestep right away after shooting. Dashing at the right time can be really annoying because most of the time it either opens up it's mouth way too late, or just never opens it's mouth at all. Also, there is no given save point before the fight, so if you die, you gotta do all the stuff needed to unlock the area where it's at again.

Edited by IronWraith

In no particular order:

1. Final Ansem in Kingdom Hearts 1: If you were underleved on your first playthrough it devolved into flying around him doing nothing and hitting the boss once every 15 minutes since all of his telegraphed moves would leave you with just enough health to die to the laser orbs that harass you all fight long, and if you face him at an appropiate level he's just boring and uninteresting.

2. Doom Dragon in Golden Sun: The Lost Age: I actually love this boss, but the Djinn Storm/Cruel Ruin combo (an ability that lowers your party's stats to the ground and makes you unable to use your strongest attacks for several turns followed by an ability that can potentially one-shot your whole party) is just cheap.

3. Heroic Siegecrafter Blackfuse in World of Warcraft: A lot of people praised this fight, but in my opinion the boss was just "let's throw shit everywhere on the map and make players run cheese comps for the conveyor belt with the rest of the team standing in a corner".

4. Mewtwo in Pokemon Stadium: You know a boss is cheap when your best bet to beat it is hoping for a OHKO move to land.

5. Genshin on the airplane in Ninja Gaiden 2 (not the SNES one): Incendiary shurikens + awful hitboxes + minions with more incendiary shurikens = not fun.

Just those for now.

Edited by Claydoll

Gotta be the Fawful Express from Mario and Luigi Bowser's Inside Story. Why? You can only hit it by breathing fire. Not too bad right? Until you realize it's based on the mic and you have to blow into it, and on a normal DS with a small mic, blowing enough air in a constant steady stream to keep the attack going long enough gets annoying. Not to mention the boss can heal and you're on a turn limit. God damn I hate it so much.

The first boss that came to mind after reading the title was The Bed of Chaos from Dark Souls. The BoC is the only boss from Dark Souls I find cheap/dumb.

I could name a few from Borderlands 2.

Hyperius and his unavoidable nova blasts.

Terramorphous slapping you off the edge. If the fight lasted long enough, Terramorphous' wormhole attack

Veracidous. 'Nough said

Piston's Badassasaurus.

Most of the bosses from Borderlands 2 are much easier when using Salvador. Having the ability to dual wield with a Moxxie weapon works wonders.

True Anemone from Valdis Story: Abyssal City.

maxresdefault.jpg

First, you have to deal enough damage to all three of its tentacles so that you can jump on them in order to reach the head. Then, when you're standing on the third tentacle, you have to jump and hit the head a bunch to try to break its shield. If you don't do it fast enough, the tentacles will regenerate and you'll get knocked off. Then, when you get about halfway, the other side of the stage turns into a crystal that heals Anemone, so you have to break that within the time limit too. (It heals Anemone for like 1/4 of its total health before you can even break it.) Once you break the shield around the head, you enter a short sequence where you basically play baseball with the orbs Anemone throw at you, sending them back to damage its actually health bar. (THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO ACTUALLY DAMAGE IT'S HEALTH. AND HALF THE TIME THE STUPID HEALING CRYSTAL HEALS MORE THAN YOU CAN EVEN TAKE OUT BY DOING THIS.) Once you've dealt the miniscule amount of damage the game allows from hitting back all the orbs (Assuming you even hit them all back) The shield around the head, the tentacles, and the healing crystal all respawn and you have to do it again. And again. And again. And again. And again. Also, the whole time that you're trying to break the shield around the head, Anemone's shooting all sorts of attacks at you in numbers and patterns like those of a vertical scrolling shooter game. Something like this:

s2s5b2.jpg

There's also a giant ice tornado covering the middle of the screen that freezes and damages you if you get caught in it. And when you're frozen, you can't really move, so it freezes you again. And again. And again. Until the miniscule knockback from it finally knocks you out of the tornado. And then there's the fact that if any of Anemone's projectiles hit you, they'll ALSO stun you for about 2 seconds, during which time you'll be pulled into the tornado and stunned and damaged again and again and again. Trust me when I say this is the most frustrating stupid and overpowered fight I've done in any video game.

I'd say Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep has a pretty unfair boss called the Mysterious Figure. I mean you die in one hit to most of his moves.

they actually nerfed him in the 2.5 version -- not by much, but his "lasso of light" insta-kill is a lot easier to escape now, for instance.