Yu-Gi-Oh Roleplay Episode 1: Heartland Homicide [AFTER SCHOOL]

Tomas Elliot

{Rene, Zander, Roy, Arthur, and Monika}

"Not at all Rene! As long as you don't have motion sickness. I have a scooter that you can hop on out there, ya see." Arial chirped to the new guy. She then took another look around the group. "So... Since Rene is coming with me, Zander and Arthur is taking on the hotel and Roy the cops, that leaves only one person left." She turned to the shy girl beside her. "Monika, which will you choose?"

((Tails, you can make the important action post for us if I don't get to it after Cyaloom responds. I didn't want to make an important action post since Cyaloom didn't make his choice yet))

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blair.

Dean walked over where Blair was standing and commented "Good duel, although, that brutal mistake put me at the wheel. Well I'm going to visit the card shop to see what I can get for my deck for summoning my aces." Dean walked out of the garden with his manly purse, out of the gate of the school, and hopped on a bus heading to card shop.

{Off to the card shop}

Edited by OmegaRa1der

Gen walked towards the bus stop. While waiting for the bus to arrive, he opened his bag that he's bring. Inside of it is a Duel Disk.

"Just in case I ran into a duel."

He also opened the small case that he's also bringing. Inside was a deck. He grabbed it and inserted it into the Duel Disk.

"I'm all set. Time to head to the City Square."

As the bus arrived, he climbed up and heads to the City Square.

((Here's the Duel Disk looks like: https://i0.wp.com/i13.tinypic.com/4qzakoz.png))

Edited by Ace_Trainer_Vince

(Important Action: Go to Museum with Arial, maybe Monika?)

"I'll be fine, Arial. Monika, with whom would you like to go?" Rene said to Monika as he readied himself to go with Arial. "You're more than welcome to join us or one of the others."

At last Red gave up, Professor Anna was no where to be found. Red had looked high and low, sneaking into areas such as the teacher's lounge and office trying to find her. As Red gloomy left the office, her mind jolted. If Anne wasn't here, could the answer lie in the old professor's office? Red raced to Professor Tenjo's office and turned the nob. "Drat, its locked. How the heck do i get in?" As Red pondered at the lock, she realized that the door was very simply built. All she needed to do was push a small pin inside a tiny hole. Red pulled off her backpack and unzipped a small compartment. Inside contained a small set of tools. Red picked a small screw driver and poked it into the hole. The door clicked and squeaked opened. It was dark as Red struggled to find a light-switch on the side of the wall....

Edited by Red_Chaos

((Lane and Alleyway Jack))

Seemed like she was caught so Luna made her way next to Lane. She was rather startled by Lane's sudden blurting about not being his girlfriend. "Oh hi Lane...fancy seeing you in a place like this. Also, you don't have to be so ashamed of dating little me. I prefer an open relationship thank you very much." She couldn't help but chuckle after that. "I'm just teasing. This bad boy is a loner who perked my curiosity. I may or may not have been following him...tee hee!"

[[To: Red]]

Will watched the girl walk off. Perhaps he had rambled too much after all. He shrugged, and headed off to finish his duties for the day beyond trash collection. That generally meant locking up. There were after-school activities so he couldn't completely shut everything down, but most of the unnecessary places could be done. He strolled down the hallway and kept going through the school until he reached the teachers' offices. There were only a handful of teachers still on school grounds and those were the few that had late advising groups. They would all be in the teachers' lounge though. So Will went though checking all the doors to make sure they were fine; he had already been through once before to collect the trash but it's always good to double-check.

The janitor stopped before the end of the hallway. Something was off. That door at the end, Mr. Tenjo's office, which hadn't been opened all day (after all, how much trash could a dead man--or at least his ghost--produce anyway?), was ajar, but no light shone from the gap. Will cocked his head slightly and frowned in disapproval. His gait was silent as he drew near the door. Peering into the room, he knocked twice on the door and pushed it open fully. "And what do we have here?" He asked of the darkness before him.

Edited by Pixl

To Rene, Arial, Zander, Roy and Arthur

"I finally made a choice." said Monika after thinking for, probably, too long. "I think I will go to the police station, to see if they shed some light about this. Then we could meet somewhere in the centre of the city. "

Monika then thought that she forgot something at home...

"I am going home to take something I forgot and didn't know that it would have been useful. Roy, I think I'll meet you in the station..."

Was she doing the right thing? She'd always ask herself this - and now wanted to be sure about it.

She whispered to Arial: "At home I have a pair of Rollerblades and for me they are the only way of getting around the city, beside the bus. Is it ok if I use them now?"

After getting the response, she would have been ready to go, catch the bus, and investigate, as all of her doubts would have been cleared.

Ok everyone, time for the second Recap Post!

Kaito

Taked looks at you and smiles gently...

"Yeah, his corpse was found in the middle of the square, right in front of the City Hall... I mean come on, isn't it crazy? There are security cameras everywhere in that part of the square! And the police station is just around the corner! How comes the killer hasn't been identified yet? All I can say is that I always close my shop at 8 PM, and I understand the police believe Tenjo was murdered much later than that, so I really didn't see anything..."

He seems to ponder his words for a moment.

"Oh but Charles always roams around this area on his motorbike untill at least midnight, so if someone has seen anything, that would be him. If the death of your professor has shaken you to the point that you cannot rest if you don't learn something more about it, why don't you talk to him? He's a nice guy, I am sure he will have no problems to talk with you... At this hour, he should be either at home or at the Bootleg, I can explain where his house is if you want."

He proceeds to explain to you how to get to Charles' house, then he adds:

"Oh, but now that I think about it, he mentioned having to meet someone at Heart Park today, but I don't know at what hour: so yeah, he might still be at the Bootleg, he might be at Heart Park, or he might already have returned home!"

Kaito obtained Info: "Charles might know something about Tenjo's death"!

Kaito triggered event: "Look for Charles"!

Chimchain and Commander

Jack laughs loudly: your antics seem to amuse him!

"Ah, to be young again! I remember when I was in high school, there was a girl who liked to tease me just like that... Oh, the memories... Here, since you put a smile on my face, enjoy a glass of cola each: it's on the house!"

What will you do?

1) Thank him, enjoy the cola, end engage in conversation with one another (if you do, your next post will NOT be an Important Action)

2) Start a conversation with one another, then off-handedly mention the hotel that is just across the road, and try to get Jack to tell you if anyone suspicious is staying there

3) Start a conversation with one another, then off-handedly mention being Tenjo's students, and try to get Jack to tell you if he knows anything about the murder.

Zechs

Lieutenant Flagstarr glares at you coldly, suspicion in her eyes, and doesn't say a single word. A stark contrast with the warm way officer Adams greets you.

"Oh, good day! Dominic, right? Yes yes, she is no other than Lieutenant Flagstarr, the finest detective of Heartland Police: Tenjo's death has so many unexplainable aspects that many at the station consider it an unsolvable case, so they assigned it to her because she is pretty much the only one they trust to be skilled enough to accomplish anything! And I get to work with her! Isn't it cool?"

Lieutenant Flagstarr however doesn't seem to appreciate the compliments.

"Knock it off Adams!"

She growls. But at this point you have already heard Adams words...

What will you do?

1) "... Unexplainable aspects?"

2) "Is she really that good? She surely is attractive..."

3) "Well, good luck with your investigation. Ehi Adams, how about a duel?"

DragonMasterKrim

As you enter the parking lot you immediately spot Charles, who is getting off his motorcycle. You know him because he used to be a student of yours when he was in high school. And in his last year, his math professor was Eppes, so he might know something...

As you walk near, he sees you and smiles to you.

"Oh professor Falas! Long time no see, how's going?"

What will you do?

1) "I'm fine, thanks. How about you? How is your 'Rotational Duel' project developing?"

2) "Actually I am a bit worried: have you seen professor Eppes? I can't find him anywhere..."

3) "I am still a bit shocked by professor Tenjo's death... You wouldn't happen to know anything about it, would you?"

Kaito and SilverJakler (yes Kaito appears twice, this is not a mistake)

Ken is on his way out of the shop, and Paul is on his way in: will you interact with one another (you should probably discuss this in the OOC topic or via private message with one another first)? If you do interact, the next post of both of you will NOT be an Important Action. If do not, Ken continues on his quest, and the following scene happens (if you decide not to interact, Kaito please close this spoiler now).

As you walk in the shop, Takeda smiles to you warmly.

"Welcome to Takeda's Card Shop! Can I help you?"

What will you do?

1) "Yes thanks... I am looking to improve my deck, do you have any single cards for sale that you would recommend?"

2) "The guy who just left... He is a classmate of mine, did he ask about the death of our professor?"

3) "Are those cookies? Can I have one?"

Dobby and Turbo

The guard smiles politely at you.

"Oh, I am very sorry, but Mister Arclight is not here. He has this... Fixation of his about advertising our products by carrying around a sandwitch board, so right now he is walking all around the city. I really don't know where he could be at this point."

Looks like the expedition to Arclight Industries was fruitless: what now?

Darklight and Tails

As soon as you get to the museum, you see a long queue of people who are waiting for their turn to get inside. What will you do?

1) "Screw this, it will take forever. Let's go somewhere else"

2) Patiently wait for your turn.

3) "Let's have a duel to kill the time!" (if you pick thi option, your next post will NOT be an Important Action)

Jory and Tacos

You arrive at Heart Hotel. You spot a strange man in the lounge: he is dressed in what can only be described as a "red, futuristic samurai armor", he is very pale, and has a strange tattoo on his forehead. He notices you are looking at him, so he approaches you.

"May I help you?"

He speaks in a very polite tone, but he seems to be irritated by your presence... What will you do?

1) "... What with the outfit?"

2) "Actually, we were looking for..."

3) "Two on one duel, go go go!"

(as usual, you are not forced to pick the same option, each of you can pick a different option, and maybe if one picks a rude or silly option, the other can call him out on it...)

ExLink and Cyaloom (I took the liberty to fast-forward to your Important Action, because the way Cyaloom worded his post implies he wants to make another one, but considering that to do so he would have to wait for other people to post first, and that more or less everyone have made their Important Actions and are waiting for this post...)

You arrive at the police station. It is extremely crowded and busy around here, people running in all directions, phones ringing, and so on. As you approach the entrance, a cop blocks you.

"Howdy, what are two youngsters like you doing here at a time like this?"

What will you do?

1) "Uh... Has something happened?"

2) "We were hoping to gather some info on professor Tenjo's death..."

3) "We are the ones who killed professor Tenjo. We are here to confess."

(Again, you are not forced to pick the same option)

Vince

You walk around Central Square: you see Dominic talking to a couple of cops, and Rene and Arial standing in front of the Museum. What will you do?

1) Approach Dominic

2) Approach Rene and Arial

3) Continue wandering around on your own

(If you choose to approach someone, DO NOT TALK TO THEM YET. Just state you head towars the one(s) you have chosen to approach, but avoid speaking to them.

Also Red and Pixl, when you interact in Tenjo's office, please mark your next post(s) as Important Actions, and I will have Anna intervene via the next Recap Post. I just realized Red is an Arcana Number Holder, so this is an occasion as good as any to have her obtain her Number... But I warn you, it will hurt...

{Monika}

"It sounds good me to me." Arial whispered back. "If anything, you will be the most capable of chasing down a suspicious person, so why_not?" With that, Arial gave her goodbyes to the rest of the group and raced off with Rene to her motor scooter.

-----------------------

{Important Action}

"Wow, I know Heart Museum is popular, but I didn't expect this!" Arial commented as she parked her vehicle near a bike stand. After she secured her bike to said stand and put her gray helmet back into its locked compartment, Arial walked briskly to the back of the line and attempted to peer over the heads in front of her, hoping to get an idea on what is happening inside. "Well, whatever is in there must be good if it attracted a crowd this huge, right? That just means more people to ask about Professor Tenjo! I wouldn't mind waiting on the line just to get inside, what say you, Rene?"

((Arial will wait for her turn to go in))

{Important Action}

Arthur looked the man up and down, raising his eyebrows at his lofty tone. Are you serious? he thought, his face showing his distaste. No sense in being hostile, though. "You may, actually. We were looking for any duelists who might have come through here recently. Maybe someone who wasn't exactly clear about what they're doing in town." He took another glance at the man's armor. What a weird outfit. But I guess that's just fashion these days, he thought as he cracked a light grin and chuckled softly. "Would you know anything about something like that?"

{Important Action}

Zander couldn't blame a guy for having a flashy sense of fashion, for then he would be a hypocrite. Zander let Arthur speak and simply nodded afterwards, showing that he also wanted the answer to that same question.

• Support Squad

Klive loosed a string of curses in xyr mind. Of course the man they needed to see wasn't like the average businessman. Of course he had to be wandering the streets. Well, it was either take to the streets and look themselves or find someone else to talk to. "Hey, Robert do you know anyone else in town with experience modifying D-pads? I'd ask to go see an engineer here but I was relying on the rumours that Arclight was nice to get some information out of him. I'd rather not risk the same with an engineer I know nothing else." Klive explained. Xe really didn't like the idea of asking the same of a random engineer.

• Veterans

(Anyone who's nearby)

Walking around,Charlotte still had that confrontation with Arthur in mind. "Who does that blue haired idiot think he is? Sure his Mom died because of an ACCIDENT,one we already compensated twice over for...and for Kami's sake,it's been over 2 years since it happened so why doesnt he just let bygones be bygones"She raged in her mind before turning another corner and reaching her destination;Heartland Park. It was her favourite place to relax and perhaps she would find someone who wanted to duel with her?

Edited by Scublord McFoxy

((Important Action / Jack and Luna))

“Free cola? I should bring you more often, non-girlfriend!” Lane grinned. He hastily gulped it down. “Aah that hit the spot, thanks!” he said to the barman before turning to Luna. “Why did you follow me?” the boy asked with a mischievous grin. “Or where you hoping to ambush me and take me to that hotel across the street?”

(Important Action + Monika)

Roy looked behind the cop, and noticed that they seem to hand their hands full, maybe something happened. "Has something happened at the station? You seem to be in quite the situation." He asked the cop casually. Maybe this has something to do with the death of Tenjo or maybe a clue for something else. He just waited for the cop to answer his question or not, though he wondered what Monika will do.

Important Action - with Roy

Monika walked inside of the Police Station with Roy, who had been waiting for here for at least ten minutes.

She had that weird idea of picking up her rollerblades from her home... she started to use them less frequently since she arrived in Heartland, and in the last months she almost never used them. Only on some Sundays she'd go in the park with her family and could skate there. But were they really useful now? She felt like she was the slowest of the group at moving around; she didn't have a bike or a scooter, unlike a lot of her classmates...

But Arial said that her idea was good... so why not? Now Monika had her rollerblades attached to her backpack, ready to be worn.

Roy, who was on her side, asked some informations to the cop. "So... could we know what is going on here, please?" she said after him, waiting anxiously for a reply.

Her curiosity could help a lot in the investigation, so she had to make sure she asked all of her questions, despite her shyness.

Edited by Cyaloom

[[To Blair]]

Setsuna had decided to enter the indoor garden through the door next to the outdoor garden. She had decided As she was heading to the garden's gate, she saw a blue-haired boy leaving.

He must have had his duel. Probably not the best idea when the Gardening club is busy tending to the garden but I guess it's not a problem. Should probably make a sign telling people not to enter the garden when the club is working, though.

As she finished her thoughts, she opened the garden door only to see a brown-haired girl from her class, Blair if she remembered correctly, near the Camellia and Scilla patches wearing her Duel Disk. It was at that moment she felt something snap. It was at that moment that she realized that Dean had likely forgotten what she had told him. Chances are he was already pretty far away and so it was probably better for her to wait until tomorrow to chew him out. However, there was someone else who needed to be berated right in front of her.

Luckily, the weird kickbacks that people get during AR Vision Duels seem to have not happened since the garden was undamaged. However, she still was pretty pissed off. While Setsuna was the type who dislikes initiating the conversation, potential harm to her garden or flowers was one of the few things that set her off. So, she decided to start by being a little passive-aggressive.

"So, tell me, Blair. Why is it that you were using your Duel Disk for a duel here when that is against the rules?" She simply asked this while giving a smile that had hints of irritation in it.

Edited by Hiss13

"Oh my...I didn't think you were THAT kind of bad boy," Luna teased while taking a sip of the cola. "I hope you don't swing by their often because you might start attracting the wrong kind of people. Speaking of which, you haven't seen any strange people around, have you? With the death of a professor, a girl like me just can't help but be a little cautious."

{Important Action}
Gawyn smiled as he saw Charles dismounting his motorcycle. The kid had never been a great student, but he genuinely seemed interested when he was in Gawyn's history class a few years back. "Charles, nice to see you again. Unfortunately, I'm quite worried. I'm sure you heard about Professor Tenjo's death by now, but today Professor Eppes has gone missing as well." Pointing in the direction of Rob's house he said "I went to check on him at his house over there, but no luck....Any idea where he could have gone?"

(To Arial; Important Action: Patiently wait for my turn to go in)

As Rene gets off Arial's bike, he notices that part of the front of his hair is off slightly from the wind blowing on it. Rene tries to pat it down so it looks more normal and not like waking up with a bad hair day.

Rene sees Arial hop into a massively long line in front of the museum. He wonders if something may be happening inside and if anything could be related to Mr. Tenjo's death. Arial seems like she wants to go inside and ask about it too, so Rene cordially responds, "Sure, let's get in line to see what's going on in there...Maybe we'll find out if there are any connections related to Mr. Tenjo..."

((Important Action / Jack and Luna))

“Weren't you the one going around traumatizing everyone in class earlier? I just wanted to return the favor,” Lane joked, “and to answer your question; I haven't.” He then turned to the barman for a moment. “What about you, sir, have you seen suspicious people around lately? Aside from Luna of course!”

{On the way card shop}

Dean got off the bus at the hotel, walking over to the shop from the hotel. Readied his disk in case, he randomly get challenged because he is the son of 2 famous duelists from Sparta.

Edited by OmegaRa1der

Setsuna

Blair turned to face the other girl. "You can't use the tool that makes it convenient and tidy to have a duel in the garden," she replied. Her tone was almost indistinguishable from her normal one, but there was definitely a hint of dryness that was normally present. "Maybe you should put up a sign." She was actually quite irritated; how was she supposed to reasonably know that one wasn't supposed to use a Duel Disk in the garden?

(Important Action.)

Dominic cowered back at the other officer and her cold gaze, "Eheh.. Yes, cool indeed.." Clearing his throat, he turned his attention toward Adams, trying to avoid angering Flagstarr even further, but that seemed to already be done by Adams himself. She didn't seem to be the most friendly, but he had to trust the decision in making her in charge of the investigation. Even if someone is on the case, Dominic wouldn't cease his own investigation, but trying to ask Flagstarr anything seemed to be out of the question.

However, something Adams said came back in Dominic's mind, and it piqued his curiosity. "Unexplained aspects.." Dominic kept thinking of those words, of course even he knew there had to be some, but for the officers themselves to somewhat confirm that there is something odd going on about his death was certainly interesting. In extreme risk of setting off Flagstarr, he had to get something else regarding it, "Unexplainable aspects?"

Edited by Zechs