What's your lifesaver?

Follow

Every team has a mon that always save your life in a gym/meteor/rival battle, it's basically the MVP (Most Valued Player) of your reborn team.

Mine is magnezone, when I think I'm going to lose it just come through, it's amazing. What's your MVP/lifesaver?

P.S. When new/experient look at this thread, they will see what pokemon is useful in this game, since a lifesaver is almost always the best pokemon on your team. So it will help them if they have some trouble on team building. So I think this fits better in team showcase than in reborn city.

Edited by Follow

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of my team members have been a life saver, but the one that does the most difficult things is my Infernape, he just destroyed 2 of Radomus pokemon in an instant when there was a clear disadvantage, and of course a lot of other difficult battles damn PULSE Abra.

On my second playthrough, I think all my Pokemon had an MVP moment so I really can't point one out. Typhlosion's Blaze did help me on quite a few ocasions though.

As for my first playthrough, Blastoise no question. I could be down to the last Pokemon or two and he'd be able to pull through even against five of Aya's mons like a pro. I have to give Emolga recognition for saving my butt against Shelly and especially Shade. I mean she deserves a medal for almost soloing against Shade and managing to barely pull through that fight. (This was also before Gen VI was implemented so he had a Dusclops)

On my normal run: Gallade. Gallades always been one of my favorite pokemon, and the immense coverage he has along with swords dance make him very versatile.
Mono Dark Run: Based Larry the crawdaunt saved my butt so many times I can't even count. Adaptability knock off and crab hammer and swords dance through level up? I think yes! He swept through everything post Kiki almost no problem (Besides Samson, which is what malamar is for.). He's almost never targeted in doubles, which lets him set up and sweep, and probably had the highest overall KO count in that run.

mentioned them in other threads, but my MVPs would definately be Garbodor and Hariyama. Got me out of so many situations that were rather difficult. Unfortunately garbodor fell off sometime around luna, just couldn't setup anything with him without taking oo much damage despite being otherwise bulky.

Hariyama was like 'oh you need that wall dead? I gotcha bro'. Knock off and close combat was pretty much all it ever needed. Thick fat and some decent IVs meant it could take a hit from some mons that would otherwise be troublesome for the rest of my team. Planning my second playthrough to use a more balanced and strategic team instead of just luck cheesing every battle with a subpar team(yes I had protean greninja, no I did not use him to his potential, used him as a bad HM slave).

First run I had Charizard/Gyrados. Gyrados actually survived several electric attacks thanks to having a battery.

Runs 2-all of them Emolga. The power of nuzzle beats even gods (wink)

I have a lot of save files so I'll list off previous ones I've had.

Azumarill (completely destroys luna, shelly thanks to bounce)
Butterfree (sleep power quiver dance bby)
Swampert (TEAM PLAYER)
Crobat (holy crap this thing wrecks Samson)
Medicham (this thing, you get it way too early. I spammed accupressure on kiki and swept her. Demolished other gym leaders)
Vaporeon (destroys charlotte using raindance)

That shiny magnezone i caught ages ago is the true MVP.

Ludicolo can pull off AMAZING things abusing fake out while swift swim makes him really damn fast.

Heracross is that guy that will one shot everything and die in a blaze of glory after doing his job.

Delphox is just incredibly reliable with it's typing and move set.

In my first playthrough, I was hardly exploring so my team ended up being Typhlosion, Swampert, Honchkrow, Mightyena, and two random fodder pokemon. Let's just say Mightyena put in a lot more work than a Mightyena should ever have any right to.

Edited by Mighty Kamina

Galvantula, putting away challenges like Radomus, Luna, Samson's Hawlucha, 3 of Blake's Pokemon, MewTwo and Terra's Garchomp AND Quagsire.

Look at the speed! Look at that Special Attack!

This isn't just an ordinary Galvantula.

This....

This is RAJA.

galvantula.gif

Probably my charizard. There were many moments where he was able to take out 2-4 mons before going down. His most clutch performance was against Serra, he was confused and at red hp, blaze was active, and he battled through confusion and procedded to sweep 1/2 of Serras pokemon before she sent out that stupid speed racer snowflake Cryogonal, which outsped my charizard and ended the sweep.

My team is quite balance,quite like Shofu team but with Noivearn and Pangoro and difference move set

but some time or some battle I like to rely on my Magnezone to tank out while I healing my team or use super strong Flash Cannon!

Edited by BBD

If there's any pokemon I've used on any run of reborn who can boast sheer reliability and being able to pull my behind out of the fire on many an occasion it's my Stoutland.

I'd say In Reborn, Stoutland is one of the best normal types available to the player. Lillipup comes very early and is quite strong for the early game when it evolves into Herdier (and it's pretty easy to have a Stoutland before Shelly). Stoutland has pretty good stats overall, and has pretty decent coverage in it's moves. I'd argue it doesn't even fall off in the later sections of the game.

Edited by Mighty Kamina

Crobat. Just...my jolly crobat. I started at ep10, so when I found it, I thought: I used this one in normal games, it's pretty good. Let's train him.
It almost always played a vital part in overcoming hard challenges. It even defeated T3RR4's Garchomp on it's own. While she healed him halfway due to bad timing of crits. It's one of my favorite pokemon now, what a monster.

My Meowstic has got quite a lot of work done. STAB psychic is always great, plus learns shadow ball, which helps a fair bit. Just bought an abra, and alakazam is probably better once trained up, but Ive been very happy with Meowstic up until now.

One thing ive noticed is its difficult to get a decent moveset. Ive finished the 9th gym and still havent found many useful TMs.

Charizard has been nice and Ive been fairly reliant on him to get me through the game, but I wish I had started with a water pokemon. Cant seem to find a decent one, yet fire pokemon seem abundant. Growlithe has always been one of my favourites and was surprised you can get him so early, he turns into a beast.

Looking through the pokemon Ive caught and could have potential, I know Flygon can be pretty decent. Anything with half decent attack, speed, and learns STAB earthquake.... thats always going to be powerful.

My Meowstic has got quite a lot of work done. STAB psychic is always great, plus learns shadow ball, which helps a fair bit. Just bought an abra, and alakazam is probably better once trained up, but Ive been very happy with Meowstic up until now.

One thing ive noticed is its difficult to get a decent moveset. Ive finished the 9th gym and still havent found many useful TMs.

Charizard has been nice and Ive been fairly reliant on him to get me through the game, but I wish I had started with a water pokemon. Cant seem to find a decent one, yet fire pokemon seem abundant. Growlithe has always been one of my favourites and was surprised you can get him so early, he turns into a beast.

Looking through the pokemon Ive caught and could have potential, I know Flygon can be pretty decent. Anything with half decent attack, speed, and learns STAB earthquake.... thats always going to be powerful.

You can find a Mudkip somewhere, officially THE starter with the least weaknesses.