In fact, Protean could weaken it on this field. It's a grounded pokemon, so if it's type changes it will be slowed and more vulnerable. A water pokemon could be faster, and even super effective if the field is switched to underwater field. Water type is a strength it would lose with protean

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming the Kingdra DOES have swift swim, and isn't the infamous sniper+focus energy+scope lens combo...

Welp, might as well hand our butts over to Ep. 15 right now, there's no chance for us now.

Assuming the Kingdra DOES have swift swim, and isn't the infamous sniper+focus energy+scope lens combo...

That Critdra would be kinda slow, and a Water team is by default on the slow side. I think that SS, SpAtt and HP investment and three damaging moves are better than Sniper + Agility and 2 damaging moves, or Sniper + 3 damaging moves and Speed instead of HP investment.

Anyway, whatever it is, it doesn't matter. Vanilluxe says Freeze-Dry.

Unless Ame goes mad scientist on us and opts for a physical set with Dive for Field control, Outrage and Iron Head to counter Freeze-dryers and Fairies. Which is extremely mad scientist and doesn't really make that much sense, but it foils my plan, so I'll have to consider it.

That Critdra would be kinda slow, and a Water team is by default on the slow side. I think that SS, SpAtt and HP investment and three damaging moves are better than Sniper + Agility and 2 damaging moves, or Sniper + 3 damaging moves and Speed instead of HP investment.

Anyway, whatever it is, it doesn't matter. Vanilluxe says Freeze-Dry.

Unless Ame goes mad scientist on us and opts for a physical set with Dive for Field control, Outrage and Iron Head to counter Freeze-dryers and Fairies. Which is extremely mad scientist and doesn't really make that much sense, but it foils my plan, so I'll have to consider it.

Yeah, you should keep giving ideas.

Yeah, you should keep giving ideas.

Give Smack Down to Samson's Conkeldurr. I think it hasn't and it's helpless if outsped and Bounced, with the landing being at -1 priority the player can jump, let Samson miss two attacks, hit, jump again and never get hit.

You guys know Kingdra gets Dragon Dance right? Ame could very well give Amaria a Kingdra with Dive/Iron Head/Outrage/DDance. It honestly wouldn't be too bad either. I mean, Kingdra has base 95 atk and base 95 sp. atk.

It's not as bad as big top Talonflame for Ciel tho. Gale wings gives fly priority, but on the landing it has negative priority, so it can never be hit... Kind of xD

Imagine Amaria was the first Gym leader in reborn with a mega poke. She could have mega gyarados, mega swampert, or mega slow- wait scratch that last one.

I honestly would rather see Mega Evolution introduced by the meteors rather than the strong gym leaders, tbh.

I think gym leaders desperately need mega evolution, it would be doing them a favor. As it stands gym leaders are pretty easy.

(of course i don't speak for everyone here)

I hope Amethyst amps up the difficulty.

Or you know, make difficulty settings like Rejuvenation.

Edited by Cmason

Gym leaders don't need a difficulty boost or megas to be hard. That's why we have field effects >>.

However I do like the idea of difficulty settings. Maybe have reborn mode and insane mode much like rejuvenation (no casuals allowed).

For insane mode levels could be boosted by x1.1 kind of like rejuvenation... That is until we see level 100's.

I think gym leaders desperately need mega evolution, it would be doing them a favor. As it stands gym leaders are pretty easy.

(of course i don't speak for everyone here)

I hope Amethyst amps up the difficulty.

Or you know, make difficulty settings like Rejuvenation.

Lets try and make this....hmm.....not like any other games?

Lets try and make this....hmm.....not like any other games?

You mean like Pokemon?

Not all ideas are original, often times it takes other ideas to improve upon your own work.

You mean like Pokemon?

Not all ideas are original, often times it takes other ideas to improve upon your own work.

Well of course it's gonna use elements from Pokemon but keeping Reborn unique is a good thing in my opinion. Adding Megas and stuff to gym leaders has been done by other games, and instead Reborn uses Field Effects to amp the difficulty.

Who says there won't be multiple Kingdras? It has excellent typing and multiple sets that work well. I could definitely see two Kingdras as a possibility.

Who says there won't be multiple Kingdras? It has excellent typing and multiple sets that work well. I could definitely see two Kingdras as a possibility.

As long as they're named Atlantica and Pacifica I'm down

There are TONS of water Pokemon - so I don't think it would be a good idea to put in 2 Kingdras.

...and am I the only one that gets the feeling that we WON'T be facing Amaria in the next episode? I mean... Ame won't just give us who the next gym leader is, just like that... right?