Which gym leader do you think is the weakest so far?

jamesw0102

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KiKi seemed a lot harder before Gen6 mechanics were introduced, Faries are unkind her team. Not sure how she is with her field effect in play, I beat her before it was introduced. That said, Samson still strikes me as the most objectionably easy; that field is just too easy to use against him.

KiKi seemed a lot harder before Gen6 mechanics were introduced, Faries are unkind her team. Not sure how she is with her field effect in play, I beat her before it was introduced. That said, Samson still strikes me as the most objectionably easy; that field is just too easy to use against him.

While some aspects of Kiki's field are useful to her (such as Meditate drastically raising Attack), the fact that 'Psychic' gets a boost is really unfortunate...

Playing the game a 2nd playthrough I can definitely say Flobot is the easiest gym leader. Whereas I always lose against Julia at least once and it's easy for her to own your team with electrodedepending on the starter, flobot I beat first attempt both times and didn't even even use my starter. Unlike julia you're given a good amount of pokemon that can resist her attacks and cradily can easily be crippled via screech + fighting attacks or the almighty kricketune.if he's got momentum. Though to be fair when I did beat Julia it was with litleo alone, moxie man.

Julia

I think Ame want Julia battle to be the easiest just because she want new player to think oh this game is gym leader is like a regular gym leader with full team then you let your guard down UNTIL FLORINIA!!!

I stuck there and have to grind for day!(at that time I don't know about cheat engine speed hack)

As my team began to have troubles more towards the end - especially with Charlotte and Terra -, I can't really give a clear statement about them. I did however beat Luna and Serra without losing, but that's probably because of Infernape.

I thought Blake was harder than Serra honestly.

Julia is fine as she is, first gym leader who gets the player used to the mechanics and is as tough as she needs to be.

Flobot though I don't get why people struggle with at least in EP14.. Cradily isn't even that strong, just tougher than the rest of her mons. Breloom is crippled by fliers and everybody else can be dealt with pretty easily.

I thought Blake was harder than Serra honestly.

Julia is fine as she is, first gym leader who gets the player used to the mechanics and is as tough as she needs to be.

Flobot though I don't get why people struggle with at least in EP14.. Cradily isn't even that strong, just tougher than the rest of her mons. Breloom is crippled by fliers and everybody else can be dealt with pretty easily.

That's probably because Blake has the weather advantage + field effect to create a 100% accurate Blizzard with increased chance to freeze.

Surprisingly Samson. But that was because I had Swords Dance Gallade and Swords Dance Hawlucha on my team, along with infernape. A close second would be the "most recent gym leader", because I didn't even have my best team with me after I defeated "that tough Pokemon" I just went in there and winged it, and after a long battle, i came out a winner.

After beating luna and not yet facing the next leader i must say every leader/battle i faced after kiki was easy for me.

Easy = won with one try.

My team was composed of 5 and not 6 pokemons:

Arcanine, Yanmega, Gyarados, Mamoswine, Noivern

After beating luna and not yet facing the next leader i must say every leader/battle i faced after kiki was easy for me.

Easy = won with one try.

My team was composed of 5 and not 6 pokemons:

Arcanine, Yanmega, Gyarados, Mamoswine, Noivern

Gyarados = OP

But yeah I think the difficulty of the leaders drop after Noel because we are given a wide variety of Pokemon to use (well... maybe Charlotte is an exception but hey)

Again for those claiming easy, how many items/revives are we using during these matches? Revives are basically legalized cheating and of course the fight is easier when you're using 5 ultra potions on average(usually about the same amount the leader uses would be legit).

Actually though Mamoswine seems incredible considering how many who say LOL EZ are using him on their team. Seems like a really good pokemon to use on a playthrough.

Thing about arcanine is that I feel like you'd miss him easily playing blind.The growlithe officer is easy to miss since talking to growlithe intially only hints he's there and can make you think you're supposed to get down the hole somehow.

Actually though Mamoswine seems incredible considering how many who say LOL EZ are using him on their team. Seems like a really good pokemon to use on a playthrough.

Thing about arcanine is that I feel like you'd miss him easily playing blind.The growlithe officer is easy to miss since talking to growlithe intially only hints he's there and can make you think you're supposed to get down the hole somehow.

I found Mamoswine to be pretty lackluster actually, the poor sod just looks pretty and dies. : S

Growlithe depends on how curious you are, i didn't have any issue finding the officers but a lot of people do not realize you should speak to NPCs more than once like the kid in the orphanage that talks about stabbing and gives you a rare candy after talking to him like 5 times.

Edited by Claydoll

Cycling through repeated dialogue to get a different result though is just :/

I didn't even know about the stabby kid until now but 5 times is way too many if there's no indicator he's going to say anything different.

With growlithe it's more the issue that the dialogue was misdirecting the player to do something they weren't supposed to and thus never activate growlithe's dialogue like they instinctively would. Even if you leave the room and speak to him again, he still doesn't move.

Another thing, i actually never liked the idea of rescuing the officers making corey's fight harder. It should be the opposite, no?

The dialogue does change, but nothing indicates it is going to change. In growlithe's case i feel that the pokemon has a hard time giving the player a sense of urgency so it may be easy to ignore after the first try.

As for corey, it works either way since it's not uncommon for games to give you the "harder" or "true" version of the event after doing the side/secret stuff.

Again for those claiming easy, how many items/revives are we using during these matches? Revives are basically legalized cheating and of course the fight is easier when you're using 5 ultra potions on average(usually about the same amount the leader uses would be legit).

Exactly why I think Cotton Candies should not be present in Reborn (well at least not purchasable). Even the mainstream games doesn't allow us to buy Max Revives, so I found it odd that they were available in this game. I was kinda expecting a new sort of Revives that heal only up to 25% max HP.... because it's Reborn xD

Exactly why I think Cotton Candies should not be present in Reborn (well at least not purchasable). Even the mainstream games doesn't allow us to buy Max Revives, so I found it odd that they were available in this game. I was kinda expecting a new sort of Revives that heal only up to 25% max HP.... because it's Reborn xD

You can technically buy a max revive from the herb shops. Reduces happiness, but same effect.

Personally, I think it would be a lot better if revives were just a lot cheaper and not useable while in fights. With enough revives you can beat any fight with any combination of pokemon regardless of their levels. if you just dump enough money into them, and it's pretty silly.

You can technically buy a max revive from the herb shops. Reduces happiness, but same effect.

Oh yeah... I forgot about those. Does anyone even use them though?

Personally, I think it would be a lot better if revives were just a lot cheaper and not useable while in fights. With enough revives you can beat any fight with any combination of pokemon regardless of their levels. if you just dump enough money into them, and it's pretty silly.

True. I wonder if there is a way to make them unusable though in battle... although that would be quite nice

Edited by Xiri