5th Gen Shiny Thread

Amethyst

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ohh, can't really help you with that. I use Photoshop myself. From what I know GIMP is basically the best free alternative with the same functionality, so it's what I recommend.

Hmm... Maybe it is because of how its little black beady peepers are on a black background in the original, so they don't look so out of place... How bout this then?

553s_zpsl9uxzf2z.png

So fancy, so magic

I love it - make it so, Ame!

Navy carracosta looks very nice too.

Snowball Victiny is nice - since Victiny has traits of a desert fox, this one looks like a polar fox somewhat

That's spectacular, but the top hat doesn't quite look top hat enough. It looks a bit more like a trilby but it's still really good. I would suggest reversing the angle of the top hat for one of the sides. As is it flips from one side of the head to the other. The monocle is just perfect though. It's too bad there isn't a suitable pokemon we could use as meatboy.

Edited by Kelazi5

The reference and clothing aside, I think this Solosis line looks the best out of the ones posted so far just color-wise. o.o Glass+cream ftw.

I tried putting sunglasses on Krookodile but it ended up looking ugly. :c

That's spectacular, but the top hat doesn't quite look top hat enough. It looks a bit more like a trilby but it's still really good. I would suggest reversing the angle of the top hat for one of the sides. As is it flips from one side of the head to the other. The monocle is just perfect though. It's too bad there isn't a suitable pokemon we could use as meatboy.

I updated the top hat a little:

Old New

E3Gssng.pngIbODDqc.png

UFthgFq.pngEkqA1cB.png

The hat is a lot better and much more top hatty now with the added height. I like how it's resting a bit more forward now too.

I like the mask on the krookodile but it vaguely reminds of those horn rimmed glasses that old ladies wear.

doge lillipup line

jsvzzSe.pngi5Ka8V3.pngNNsyn61.png

based on number 2 from kuroko no basket

Those are well done! I really like the blue eyes, they add some color to it ^_^

Wanting to create an Escavalier in Paladin armor and Accelgor as a Ninja, this lead to a strange number of shiny edits, in which the pre-evo sprites had to match the stuff from their evos, such as Shelmet having golden armor too. Anyway, here are the results:

f8XX2K2.pngTrAUu6Z.png

6hCSleY.pngX07uzK1.png

AMLDfQr.pngu0xQYhc.png

qUww03L.pngT9A3Bnk.png

I updated the top hat a little:

Old New

E3Gssng.pngIbODDqc.png

UFthgFq.pngEkqA1cB.png

It looks amazing! But what pokemon could meatboy? The Darumaka line maybe?

Edited by samekh

Those are well done! I really like the blue eyes, they add some color to it ^_^

Wanting to create an Escavalier in Paladin armor and Accelgor as a Ninja, this lead to a strange number of shiny edits, in which the pre-evo sprites had to match the stuff from their evos, such as Shelmet having golden armor too. Anyway, here are the results:

f8XX2K2.pngTrAUu6Z.png

6hCSleY.pngX07uzK1.png

AMLDfQr.pngu0xQYhc.png

qUww03L.pngT9A3Bnk.png

Actually it's reversed. Strangely Karrablast evolves into Escavalier and Shelmet into Accelgor. Inside Escavalier you can see it's actually a Karrablast.

But it does depend on how you look at it. Since you do get Acelgor after trading a Karrablast in return but hey.

Edited by Helia

Actually it's reversed. Strangely Karrablast evolves into Escavalier and Shelmet into Accelgor. Inside Escavalier you can see it's actually a Karrablast.

But it does depend on how you look at it. Since you do get Acelgor after trading a Karrablast in return but hey.

Here was my logic:

-Of Karrablast, only his white belly and brown face are still seen when he evolves into Escavalier. So only those are shown on Escavalier's sprite.

-Shelmet casts off its shell, which becomes Escavalier's armor. So Shelmet loses all gold when it evolves. The blue inside becomes Accelgor's head.

-Shelmet's insides are covered by shell and thus are naturally dark. So all of Accelgor's body that was covered before evolving is now dark.

Hope that makes sense... somewhat?

Here was my logic:

-Of Karrablast, only his white belly and brown face are still seen when he evolves into Escavalier. So only those are shown on Escavalier's sprite.

-Shelmet casts off its shell, which becomes Escavalier's armor. So Shelmet loses all gold when it evolves. The blue inside becomes Accelgor's head.

-Shelmet's insides are covered by shell and thus are naturally dark. So all of Accelgor's body that was covered before evolving is now dark.

Hope that makes sense... somewhat?

Don't forget Karrablast's back is still seen in Escavalier. So that part doesn't match up in your sprite, since you made it (or kept it) blue.

• Developers

thought id try this one as well having it match the color of mew and the final stage sharing some mewtwo color as well. since mew is based a fetus as well.

577s_zpsq6gaqlyt.png577sb_zpsyccbnf9b.png

578s_zpsiaa1riyp.png578sb_zpsrpmxqbeo.png

579s_zpsfg9d1z3s.png579sb_zpsthvohsci.png

Edited by smeargletail

i very much like the archeops line, the colors couldn't be more fitting imo. golurks' is also pretty fine, but iirc rainbow samurott was already completed some pages ago, which looks pretty damn good. ame might've forgotten to strike it on the op, not sure tho.