Who do you hate most in Pokemon Reborn?

jamesw0102

I met Blake, and yikes, the guy is a bigger douche than Fern. He's kind of funny in a way since he's obviously a parody of the "dick gamer" stereotype. But terra is kind of getting on my nerves now and she's probably my least favorite gym leader thus far. Like the idea of her character is cool but she herself gets old after a while and clashes too much with the rest of the game's atmosphere with her memetasms and sex jokes Plus she seems like a rip off of Tina from borderlands which ruins her a bit since I hated that character.

Edited by Monochrome_Complex

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

all right i may hate terra but

Plus she seems like a rip off of Tina from borderlands which ruins her a bit since I hated that character.

you and i

are gonna tussle

Wait you hate Terra? And like Tina?

Actually i know there's some history behind these gym leaders and whom they're based off which was supposedly covered in another thread but I'm still interested in how this all happened. Like was Tina originally a middle school kid who liked the spam the forums and got on your bad side so you made her annoying or what? I remember you saying Cain's basis would repeatedly cyber via chat in the middle of online battle or something lol.

Still? Didn't Ame change it because Gyarados was too OP?

well, since most of our teams are in the mid 70's now and we still don't have the Magikarp yet, I think it's safe to say it'll take a while longer before we get it anyway.

I met Blake, and yikes, the guy is a bigger douche than Fern. He's kind of funny in a way since he's obviously a parody of the "dick gamer" stereotype. But terra is kind of getting on my nerves now and she's probably my least favorite gym leader thus far. Like the idea of her character is cool but she herself gets old after a while and clashes too much with the rest of the game's atmosphere with her memetasms and sex jokes Plus she seems like a rip off of Tina from borderlands which ruins her a bit since I hated that character.

Personally I thought Blake was just a miniature version of Fern. I mean, yeah pushing your brother off a cliff is pretty extreme - but yeah I didn't find him as annoying (probably because we only had one major encounter with him)

Personally I thought Blake was just a miniature version of Fern. I mean, yeah pushing your brother off a cliff is pretty extreme - but yeah I didn't find him as annoying (probably because we only had one major encounter with him)

True

• 2 weeks later...

There's something about Dr. Connal that addresses legitimate concern for me before I can immediately want to say I hate him. A tip-off for this is the battle theme Sigmund uses (Colress - BW2)...Colress wasn't a character that was inherently evil and at the end of the game was even helpful to the player granted he or she or xe proved their worth. Sure, he has unsavory methods of childcare and he is portrayed as an antagonist who is largely responsible for getting Saphira's goat right -now-, but knowing everything about the Doctor would indicate that something happened to him, and may be responsible for his actions. Also like Colress, Meteor's dealings are not important to him like Plasmas were.

There's -something- the player isn't seeing yet.

Magikarp might be the last non lengendary Pokemon released in game now, due to the level of gag immortality that it's gained compared to it's high ceiling even today. It wouldn't surprise me if that event, should the Pokemon be what we think it is, lasted until the very doors of the Pokemon League.

If Victoria comes back I hope she recognizes that the player has done QUITE A BIT of growing and doesn't impede immediate progress so often under poor reasoning. If not, She's still the most hated.

Sirius -and- Meteor Ace Ricardo make for a close second, tied.

I don't think there's a character I hate. Sure, I like more than others, but I don't really hate any of them to be honest. However, the character I like the least is Sigmund. Dude's a total clown.

Now, not sure if anyone has said this yet but.....

The daunting task to either spend a long while or several thousand dollars just getting stickers. Like Really a friggen sticker so you can spend MORE money.

(referring to finding the scientists glasses, and the little boy in Agate Circus by Route 2)

I just find victoria annoying. Her intentions are always right, her actions are just very wishy washy. Impeding of progress because she wants to test you or her morals are in the way of reason.

I don't really like Julia as well. She wound up being one of those one and one characters who have a gimmick to them and don't acquire a layer of depth.

Ricardo > Hilda

The Meteor Ace Hilda is paired up with Meteor Ace Ricardo. Since it is a double battle, you have to beat both of them so in a sense Ricardo dragged Hilda down with him in the loss.

I'm quite curious if the mons that Hilda had were actually some that has/likes other than the obvious Crobat.

I'll leave a vid of what I'm talking about. Go to 32:54

As of -recent- Episodes, every pokemon on my team is pokemon I really like.

- Chesnaught is my favorite pokemon period.

- Crobat is far and away my favorite flying type

- Gallade is my favorite Mega evolution (not a hint. Probably.)

- Druddigon is my one of my favorite competitive pokemon (RU is my favorite tier.)

- Carracosta is my favorite fossil/Rock type.

---

My first ex-boyfriends name was Richard - of which Ricardo is a latin variant. The experience was less than ideal. (as to why the meteors are still partners in crime, meteor Hilda predates Mod Hilda around these parts. Ame didn't know.)

Also. Yes, Ricardo goes for surf like a real team player. .........

As of -recent- Episodes, every pokemon on my team is pokemon I really like.

- Chesnaught is my favorite pokemon period.

- Crobat is far and away my favorite flying type

- Gallade is my favorite Mega evolution (not a hint. Probably.)

- Druddigon is my one of my favorite competitive pokemon (RU is my favorite tier.)

- Carracosta is my favorite fossil/Rock type.

---

My first ex-boyfriends name was Richard - of which Ricardo is a latin variant. The experience was less than ideal. (as to why the meteors are still partners in crime, meteor Hilda predates Mod Hilda around these parts. Ame didn't know.)

Also. Yes, Ricardo goes for surf like a real team player. .........

Oh wow the coincidences just keep stacking up. Also, did you manage to snag a custom team? 'Cause that's not the meteor grunt Hilda that I remember.

All this hate for Victoria makes me sad, I loved when she comforted shelly during episode 4 after she saw corey die. Also her laying it on Cal when he messed up.

Me too! Victoria's really great in and of herself; she just gets badly shafted by the structure of the game, since you need to have battles happening the whole way through even if it doesn't make story sense. I mean yeah, she definitely has that "thinks with her heart before her head" deal going on, but I really don't think we're supposed to believe she'd stop you from rescuing a bunch of abused children just so Kiki can avoid a routine gym battle. (Same thing with Kiki making you do that battle in the first place, or Cain refusing to give you the Wasteland key before you battle him for it--they're not actually bizarrely terrible people, there just wasn't a good excuse in-universe for the obligatory gym/rival battles.)