Protags personalities

HakuTaku

Doesn't anna have like Schizophrenia or like aspergers.. i don't remember it was on the quiz pre-10 tho

Pretty sure that Sigmund diagnosed Anna with Schizophrenia (...did I spell that right?) and Noel with Aspergers. Whether or not you can buy into his diagnoses (and is that even a word?) is something for you to decide.

Since you asked about the protagonists, however, I believe that's up to the individual player to interpret? I don't think they have set in stone personalities? As the protags in all Pokemon games are.

As for Noel with aspergers, he seems like out of the two siblings to keep things under control under social situations which is strange because sometimes aspergers confuses the whole social process though not extremely. Do we ever here about how noel reacted to the shock treatment as that would be a tell as generally people with aspergers feel a little less pain than everyone elts if. At least this is the way with my friend who has it.

• Administrators

Those two diagnoses are correct. To throw a couple others in, Charlotte is diagnosed with antisocial personality disorder, and Laura with OCD.

Anna might still be spirit medium status-- who knows, really? But Sigmund interprets that as schizophrenia anyway.

Asperger's is often characterized by a failure to appropriately expressed emotions. To this end Noel's dialogue is generally awkward and somewhat flat. A couple examples that come to mind are when Cain compliments him at the orphanage and doesn't have anything to say other than just "Yeah," or when the group thinks Saphira might have died, and he doesn't really show any worry or sorrow. As a note, just because an individual doesn't express emotions, doesn't mean they don't feel them.

Anyway, this was supposed to be about the protagonists, right? Because they're intentionally blank, all we really can have is individual head-canons for them. Anyone can share those.

I honestly don't remember a lot of the head-canons I had for most of them, but I do remember some for Decibel, since xe was the last protagonist I worked on. Like I always imagine Decibel as being especially eccentric and stuck in xyr own head. I think xe would space out a lot, day dreaming about this or the other thing. I also maintain a very strong notion that xe gets extremely fussy about anyone touching or messing up xyr suit.

To be honest I barely have any headcanon about my protag, it's the blonde girl, besides her maybe being the daughter of my protag from Pokemon Zeta. I've never actually thought about it much. It's my mon that have all the personality, most have an in-depth backstory and a few of them have even had full blown character arcs. It's because I've been almost religiously writing down almost everything they do. It helps me remember it better. One of my favorites is my hobo/shady drifter Linoone.

Those two diagnoses are correct. To throw a couple others in, Charlotte is diagnosed with antisocial personality disorder, and Laura with OCD.

Anna might still be spirit medium status-- who knows, really? But Sigmund interprets that as schizophrenia anyway.

Asperger's is often characterized by a failure to appropriately expressed emotions. To this end Noel's dialogue is generally awkward and somewhat flat. A couple examples that come to mind are when Cain compliments him at the orphanage and doesn't have anything to say other than just "Yeah," or when the group thinks Saphira might have died, and he doesn't really show any worry or sorrow. As a note, just because an individual doesn't express emotions, doesn't mean they don't feel them.

Anyway, this was supposed to be about the protagonists, right? Because they're intentionally blank, all we really can have is individual head-canons for them. Anyone can share those.

I honestly don't remember a lot of the head-canons I had for most of them, but I do remember some for Decibel, since xe was the last protagonist I worked on. Like I always imagine Decibel as being especially eccentric and stuck in xyr own head. I think xe would space out a lot, day dreaming about this or the other thing. I also maintain a very strong notion that xe gets extremely fussy about anyone touching or messing up xyr suit.

So... Wow. I figured Noel was just more reserved than Anna being twins and all. I thought Charlotte was just acting like that because of her backstory and the way she regards everyone. When i first played Reborn I chosed Decibel and i figured xe had to be a little unpredictable because of the style of clothing. So the other protags have no distinct personalities other than Decibel? By the way you describe Deci, it seems almost if xe has mild ADHD.

Edited by HakuTaku

• Administrators

They, along with Decibel ultimately have whatever personality the player wants to give them. That's just how I thought of xem. By all means, don't take my word as the end-all in that regard, because it is basically just a head-canon and won't have any more gravity than that.

That said, it's not as if the others don't have personalities. I just don't remember whatever I was thinking of when making them.

I don't think the others are necessarily blank in terms of personality.
Lucia, for example, gives me the idea of a strong independent black woman who dont need no men someone who's very strong-willed and doesn't fear chasing her dreams or anything at all as long as it benefits her. She finds it very easy to make friends and acts really tsundere-like when around them. She's also more emotional than rational and doesn't care too much about ideals, prefers to act instead.

Kuro makes me think of the kind of guy who's intelligent, but also real smarmy and full of himself. Maybe someone who, under different circumstances, might've been Fern's buddy or lackey.

Lucia looks a lot like Victoria (so much so that at first I thought they were the same character... XD), so I thought they might be related. I think she someone who can sometimes be a little too serious, and is also going through some punk or defiant stage in her life ("I hate you, mom! I'm moving to Reborn, so NYEH!").

Ari seems independent and headstrong, the type of person who will not take your s*** and will keep on trucking, no matter the circumstances. Insults and obstacles mean nothing to xyr, xe'll just soft reset grind a couple levels higher each time until xe wins.

Decibel seems like xe would rather not be there at all, let alone get stuck with a whole bunch of "buddies" to "help" xyr along xyr journey. Get the badges, beat the bad guys (if xe really has to) and go home. The end.

Black-Haired Boy wants to be the very best, like no one ever waaas~ Like Lucia, he can be way too serious sometimes, but overall cares a lot about his Pokemon and the friends he's made on his journey.

Blondie is Annie from Gunnerkrigg Court.

Do I really sound that awkward and flat? :unsure:

In my head canon if I wasn't playing as myself, Decibel (hes the one with silver hair right?) is male and has always been male but thanks to his looks he is constantly mistaken for a girl, so he bought a expensive suit to try to emulate Steven Stone (cause no one mistakes him for a girl and they look similar) and it seemed to work for awhile but then he meets Cain... (got the joke from Radiata Stories and I feel it helps lighten up Reborn a little)

Edited by The Swordsman

• Administrators

Ultimately anyone can player any character they won't and imagine them to be whatever gender identity they wish. The non-binary protags are there to at least offer the same options to non-binary players as the traditional genders. Play the game however you enjoy it best.

As for the Asperger's thing, that's not meant to be a personal attack on anyone. That's just how I've chosen to represent it in this specific character, and it is consistent with most descriptions of the syndrome. As not all neurotypical people all the same, nor will all people on the spectrum be either.

(As an aside my understanding is that the differences in communication and emotional cuing would probably largely be unapparent through text anyway given that a lot of the variance is focused in non-verbal elements of communication, so I did the best I could here, and naturally it won't apply to anyone else).

• Support Squad

To be honest a lot of people write like that online

And that has nothing to do with neurodivergence or any such

Thou couldst use stupid lexical choices to achieve maximum eccentricity to avoid such a kerfuffle

I didn't know they had names. Which one applies to who? I just go by visual description

-Vero looks a bit hot blooded and "streetwise" , like a bit of arrogant punk but with good intentions

-Kuro gives the vibe of an easygoing if slightly self-centered guy that can come off as careless but is actually sharp-witted.

-Alice looks a bit flighty and naive, maybe even a bit shy but also courageous with a strong heart

-Lucia comes off as outgoing, like the fun-loving yet bit crazy kind of girl who likes thrills and would probably take on one of Cain's offers lol.

-Eri(my fave actually) comes off as a bit more solitary and serious whose decisive but not as hotblooded as 1st male. That said also slightly judgmental.

-White haired androgynous person looks like an eccentric fellow whose loves being around others but does some oddball things which can make others seem uncomfortable. Also Xe looks kind of wealthy compared to say Vero who looks a bit more hood.