Batman vs. Superman

Dr. Zexal

Pick carefully which side you choose because this movie is coming out in 2017 and i already heard its going to be a blood bath !!!

who will win in the ultimate DC comics fight between superman and batman ?

and for those guys out there saying batman could only win if he has prep :angry: id suggest you start looking up on gold and blue kryptonite !!!!

I find this a Hard choice since I love both Batman and Superman, but I'm gonna go with Batman 'cuz... I't Friggign Batman! Just a normal man who trained enough to do all that he does.

You're all missing a very important detail. Where does the fight take place? Is this an honorable face to face or is this an anything goes fight for their lives.

PS: I think people (or at least I) don't like Superman because he's too sensitive, and over powered- *gasp* Superman is a Mary-Sue.

Batman ... all the way Batman!

I mean Superman is SUPER-LAME!

Superman get's beaten by almost everybody... EVEN ALFRED! (and Alfred is a frail old butler without any kind of Combat-experience...)

"But Superman in invincible and he is Solar Powered..." - "and his weakness is a shiny green Rock from his exploded homeworld millions of Lightyears away... which are conveniently scattered all around earth for everyone to find..."

Take away Supermans Powers and he is a mere mortal...

Batman doesn't have any pwers except his Gadgets... take them away and he is still a skilled Martial-Artist, who kicks major butts!

The creators of Superman once said - "Superman is as strong as he needs to be to overcome his enemies", which means no matter what, Superman will always be stronger than his opponent... then why does he get beaten by normal humans (like Alfred), even without kryptonite in full sunlight (which gives him the strength)??

oh and C'mon... glasses and a combed over hair as a "secret identity"? - How can anyone not see through this???

Yeah, i'm gonna side with Superman because honestly and personally, i despise batman's character as a whole; at least i do have some respect for supes and i don't think he's that much of a mary sue due to how every single manipulative villain makes him a pawn. (darkseid anyone?)

But ofc batman's going to win because people like him more.

It's going to end pretty much the way it always ends...

Did you really think I was going to spoil it for you?!

But yeah, I'm rooting for batman, of course. As Joker said it himself, "There's nothing mere about that mortal!"

Superman is lame. Enemies pummeling him into buildings is how metropolis gets destroyed half the time. He can't fight, he's just indestructible. And pretty unrelatable. And Telos... that just makes him a huge dupe.

And Telos... that just makes him a huge dupe.

yea i think so too, just said that to explain on why he isn't a mary sue. what i was trying to say is that i don't dislike superman as much as i dislike batman.

1. Batman would win because in this matchup brains triump over brawn.

2. Pretty sure this movie is a team up. The full title of the movie is, Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice.

The movie is a two parter.

I saw a movie titled Batman vs Superman. It was animated, and made a few years ago, so I'm guessing the creators of the BvM coming out in 2017 wanted to make it live action or something. SPOILER ALERT

Batman won the fight between him and Superman.

, so based on that, I choose Batman.

1. Batman would win because in this matchup brains triump over brawn.

2. Pretty sure this movie is a team up. The full title of the movie is, Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice.

The movie is a two parter.

Note: Clark Kent also happens to be a genius and at several times his intellect matches that of Bruce Wayne, so "brains over brawn" doesn't count.

...Secondly,

If we're to be honest, Superman can kill batman from the stratosphere. If Superman wanted to, he could defeat Batman simply by outlasting him. He'll live forever, as it has been proven by many comics in which he has, and he is overpowered.

The fact he's overpowered means he won't lose;

Lastly... Superman has an anti-kryptonite suit he can use at any time he wants.

...And laser eyes. He's faster than a speeding bullet; He could kill Batman before Batman even saw him coming.

To put it in this way: Batman's "grand" triumph over Super-Man in The Dark Knight is left heavily implied to have been merely Clark Kent letting Bruce win. And this was a Bruce Wayne who had prepared for months to kill superman and the only thing he managed to do was spout some pretty words and have a heart attack.

Superman would win.

Would becase much like Marvel's Wolverine, Batman will go undisputed as the strongest DC character not because he is, but because he has the larger fanbase.

If this were a serious fight, like Death Battle, there would be no question that Superman would win. Sure, Batman does have feats that call his status as "normal human" into question, but Superman has survived multiple supernovas, punched through dimensions, carried the Earth around, flies at multiple times the speed of light, kicked the crap out of Goku (no it wasn't "biased", do your own research and you'll see for yourself how badly the stats go in Supe's favor), has overcome his own weakness to Kryptonite, and could even put up a good fight against Kirby (and if you just now thought "that's not as impressive a feat as the others you just said", then you have NO idea of Kirby's true power).

Batman can't outsmart Superman either, you try outsmarting a guy who has a mind that's a bajilion times faster than a super computer.

However, this is a movie, which might as well be a popularity contest. And we all know who's more popular...

Yeah, stop hatin on Superman cause he's a mary sue lol. he is made that way..Superman is the standard bearer of all superheroes. he has the looks, the strength, the speed, the intelligence and the morals of a righteous man. he is the whole package. he is the one who started the superhero genre.

btw.. in that fight between where Batman "beat" Superman in the Dark Knight, Green Arrow was involved in that feud and sided with Batman to take down Sups with his kryptonite arrow... so technically Batman didn't singlehandedly "beat" Superman.

and besides Superman is holding back because Bruce is too stubborn to listen to reason. this is where I first dislike Batman.

Before all of these crazy fan theories spiral out of control. It IS canon that batman always carries a baterang with him at all times that is laced with Krytonite. Besides the obvious reason. Bruce also doesn't trust Kal. Supes has betrayed the justice league a number of times. So all of it's members carry SOMETHING Kryptonite esque with them at all times. Supes might have an anti Kryptonite suit. But he doesn't carry it 24/7.

and besides Superman is holding back because Bruce is too stubborn to listen to reason. this is where I first dislike Batman.

Superman wasn't holding back in the version I saw. He was actually weakened by a nuke before-hand. Cuz you know... godlike stats vs 'mere' mortal.

And really, it could easily be argued that it's superman who doesn't listen to reason. Edward Elric and Superman look at being dogs of the government very differently. Superman defers his moral judgement largely to the government because he's afraid of using his powers in the pursuit of his own goals. It's one easy step over the line into the territory of abuse and tyranny. And who else would be there to check him besides batman?

Sure, they attribute superfast thinking to superman, but by the way he acts and fights... he really isn't that intelligent, but it's a convenient plot device some lazy authors decided to use. So... consider his omg uber intelligence to be, in fact, non-existent for all intents and purposes. I mean really, talk about your gary stu otherwise.

I mean, I can draw out specific correlations between Superman and Ozymandias, Batman and Rorschach from Watchmen, but I will simply say that Ozy and Rorschach crossed lines their DC counterparts specifically refuse to.

Well as youtube has shown superman defeated Goku so im sure he would be able to take batman on and i dont think hes senstive or super lame.. he was just created as a chracter that can still see the good in people if there mihgt not be.

People forget how strong and ferocious superman can be if aggrivated with the right leveridge.

Superman doesn't use any of his powers to his advantage in the comics. Realistically he could fly up out of reach from Batman and just melt him with his heat vision or freeze him with his freeze breath and then crush him. Or use his superhuman strength and ability to move at almost the speed of light to instantly kill Batman in one swift blow. But, of course, they make Superman a boy scout with a ridiculously low IQ so he just flys right up to Batman who of course has kryptonite in his pocket and then Batman wins. If Superman has any common sense, he crushes Batman and it's not even a contest. I love both super heroes, probably my two favorites actually, but it's silly to think Batman would realistically stand a chance without the help of the writers.

oky but see your also somewhat moving too fast because your thinking of superman after years of training and mastering his powers , as an example the flash is fast enough to move through buildings and even through time but he did not start out that fast.

Superman is exactly the same all though comics want you to think otherwise because they were at war with Marvel comics back in the 70's and 80's , now batman has always been at his peek because he learned and mastered his skill as a league of assasins member and more before he became batman so the match up is somewhat of a proffesional brainiak vs. a developing kid with outrageous abilities.

oky but see your also somewhat moving too fast because your thinking of superman after years of training and mastering his powers , as an example the flash is fast enough to move through buildings and even through time but he did not start out that fast.

Superman is exactly the same all though comics want you to think otherwise because they were at war with Marvel comics back in the 70's and 80's , now batman has always been at his peek because he learned and mastered his skill as a league of assasins member and more before he became batman so the match up is somewhat of a proffesional brainiak vs. a developing kid with outrageous abilities.

I think you are wrong there. According to the New 52, Bruce is only like a few months older than Clark.

If you look at their childhood, Bruce was a normal rich boy until the age of 8 when his parents got killed, and he started his mental and physical training at the age of 14. So basically he was a normal guy till he was 14. He was 29 when he officially became Batman.

On the other hand, Clark already started developing his powers as soon as he got exposed to the sun, he was lifting trucks before he could walk steady.... He had all of his powers by the time he was in high school. At the age of 18 he decided to be a superhero and fight crime, and at the age of 25 he became Superman.

So to sum it up, lets say they fight at age 35. Batman would have 15 years of training and 6 years of practice fighting crime. And Superman would have 18 years of "playing" with his powers and 17 years of practice vs criminals. So no, I would not consider Superman a developing kid.

well !!!.... damn im stumpt , I have no answer to that and it actually makes sense but still superman has never "just" been as fast as light and as strong as he is and still between that time he never took on villians or people who actually used their heads to defeat him except lex luthor.

so its almost like he is relying on his powers rather than thinking it through

Is this based on "Injustice: Gods among us" ?

I believe there are things that most people don't know about Supes powers or Bats intellect and abilities. They will not be implemented into a film (or a sequel), at least not much, because it would make it overcomplicated and weaken the plot either trying to explain or just using them for effect (eg lead cancelling super vision). If it is based on the series posted above, then it won't be a direct battle, rather a quest for each, in which Superman is trying to enforce peace in the world and Batman questions his methods and prepares to stop him, but due to each other's friendship and respect, they don't aim at killing each other.

I assume that will be close to the case, given we can't afford a dead superhero and their fanbase going against this. Also, I don't believe it will be limited to those two, as it is expected from both sides to search for allies in order to best their opponent in the most humane way possible.