Batman vs. Superman

Dr. Zexal

If you are referring to the Superman betraying anyone thing, then no. Like I said, Kal betrayed everyone several times. Though the only instance I can recall from the top of my head was in Batman Beyond when that starfish thing took over supe's mind. There is also a comic I read somewhere where Supes betrayed everyone and Strangled Wonderwoman with her own Lasso.

well !!!.... damn im stumpt , I have no answer to that and it actually makes sense but still superman has never "just" been as fast as light and as strong as he is and still between that time he never took on villians or people who actually used their heads to defeat him except lex luthor.

so its almost like he is relying on his powers rather than thinking it through

Yep, superman in a nutshell.

Kind of makes me question how much of superman's lore is actually known 'round here.

As it happens, superman has several feats of intelligence batman doesn't have - Namely perfect eidetic memory, in other words, superman can literally remember anything he has ever seen to perfection.

This includes, as it turns out, every gadget, trick and tactic Batman has displayed him. You may counter this by saying "batman is smarter" or "he'd just come up with another tactic", but neither are valid if we're considering batman as a normal human being. In other word, a creature with psychological vices.

Humans have mental patterns. We do things in a certain way. We follow and favor certain patterns of thought and rationale. That means if someone with high intelligence were to watch you for a long time (Like fighting by your side for decades?) they'd be able to effectively predict your actions. Of course the same would be true of batman watching superman (as batman does after all have pretty good memory, even if it's not perfect like superman's)

Then it'd come down to intelligence. Let's put it this way: Superman has outsmarted Brainiac, one of the smartest creatures in the universe, more than once. Batman has done so only with help from usually superman himself. When it comes to intelligence superman is equally matched if not equal to batman. He has shown several times the ability to defeat opponents with his enhanced intelligence, but the thing is, he doesn't have to.

If we were to discuss a surprise attack on superman (assuming batman were to use kryptonite and engage superman in a place without sunlight to maximize his chances) keep in mind in modern-age superman doesn't lose all his powers when exposed to kryptonite. Notably, he almost always has enhanced strength, which would be more than enough to move away from the three meter/ten feet radius where kryptonite actually affects him, and then promptly kill Bruce Wayne.

But it'd not even get there.

Superman has super-human hearing. Batman can't sneak past it - Superman was capable of hearing batman's heartbeat when he was burried seven-feet deep into the earth, imagine if he was standing near him preparing for an assault.

He'd react immediately and again, kill Bruce Wayne.

Now let's discuss how exactly he'd do it.

Here's the thing. Batman has human endurance.

Let's consider the strongest part of the human body here - the femur, which can withstand about 4,000 Newtons of potency - and let's assume all of batman's bones (Mind: The ribs that protect your heart need half the energy, about 2,500 Newtons, to break) somehow need 4,000 Newtons of potency to shatter. Let's also assume his (super) muscles can somehow withstand an extra 4,000 Newtons of pressure, so he'd need a blow of over 8,000N (800kg of force) to break his ribs, adding an extra 4,000N on top of that to account for the best-case scenario regarding his armor, and batman can survive a direct car crash (Roughly 6,800 newtons) with his pecs. And walk out unscathed.

Alright?

Cool. Now let's calculate reaction time. He highest reaction time calculated in the website human benchmark is 100ms, 0,1 seconds, which is much faster than the human average of 0,25 seconds.

Let's assume that batman's reaction time is that, then. 0.1 seconds. Peak of human ability.

Superman can fly at mach 4 (before he could reach the speed of light, and he's most consistently flying around at mach 4, so we'll go with that) then his basic speed is 1361 meters per second, or 136 meters in 0.1 second. That means superman could cross about 445 feet before batman could react to him. In other words, if batman was near enough to attack, Superman could counter before he could even notice. Before his brain could even process what's happened, superman hits batman at 1361 with a punch to his gut.

Superman weights 235 lbs according to the comics, or 107 kg. Let's assume he knows how to throw a punch - which incidentally he does, as he's also had military and martial arts training, and even if he didn't, a lifetime of throwing punches is enough to safely assume he knows how. So naturally he knows how to put the full weight of his body into the blow. Now let's calculate: Superman flying at 1361 meters per second, weighting 107kg, hits batman in the chest before he can react. Assuming batman could somehow react fast enough to clench his muscles and get his full 12,000 newton protection, here's the data:

Superman is at 0 meters per second in resting position. Batman is 445 feet away. He approaches to 15 feet and has been within superman's super-hearing range for a while now.

Superman moves to attack batman, moving to 45 meters per second to reach batman in 0.1 seconds, just at the edge of his reaction time, his acceleration is at 450 meters per second.

...So let's calculate damage.

A mass of 107 kg accelerating at 450 meters per second delivers a punch of 48150 Newtons to batman's stomach. It doesn't just pass his armor. It doesn't just break his bones. It doesn't just harm his muscles. Even assuming batman has somehow three times the maximum resistance a human being could possibly have, superman would still deliver enough strength to blow a hole through him in one punch, before batman could even recognize what happened.

...But then that's also unnecessary. Because while superman doesn't move at the speed of light, the laser he shoots out of his eyes do.

And those would fry batman before he even got near the kryptonite range.

...And with this I rest my case.

(( TL; DR: Superman wins, I have way too much time, and I take comic book fights way too seriously ))

tldr;

I think you skipped the part where I said ALL those extra 'lesser known' abilities of superman are convenient plot devices and very rarely are applied by superman. Indestructible, super fast, perfect memory, genius intellect... all of that OP brokeness is for the most part unused because they know it makes for an extremely boring superhero with no weaknesses, no struggle, nothing to overcome. He has the personality and charm of a robot.

so its almost like he is relying on his powers rather than thinking it through

is true 95% of the time.

tldr;

I think you skipped the part where I said ALL those extra 'lesser known' abilities of superman are convenient plot devices and very rarely are applied by superman. Indestructible, super fast, perfect memory, genius intellect... all of that OP brokeness is for the most part unused because they know it makes for an extremely boring superhero with no weaknesses, no struggle, nothing to overcome. He has the personality and charm of a robot.

is true 95% of the time.

Yet fighting batman would fall among the 5%, would it not? Superman wouldn't underestimate Bruce Wayne precisely because he knows how strong he is, so why would he hold back now? The lesser known powers may be plot devices or whatever, but they are still there, and are still part of his arsenal.

The fact Superman is a two-dimensional character or perceived as one does not in any way alter the shape of this fight. He'd still win. He'd also defeat my favorite DC character (which is neither superman nor batman) just as easily; And even if you discount the lesser known skills, everything else I've said still applies.

If Superman was introduced in this day and age, he wouldn't last because of how boring and indestructible he really is as a character. Completely and 100% unrelatable.

^this... back in my day(no i'm not really that old, lol), superheroes can fly, has unbelievable feats of strength, int and speed without questioning their logic whatsoever even if they have a personality of a brick. I guess Superman is outdated at these times and people wanted a more relatable and edgy hero like Batman. Don't get me wrong, I like both DC chars, but I find Superman's fights more entertaining. especially if he has a formidable foe with the likes Doomsday,Darkseid and Black Adam.

Hell yea !!!! But I agree with you about the outdated thing , see I dont think its neccesarily because Batman is edgy but rather that people dont like having characters that are almost unbeatable or unstoppable in a sense. Using pokemon as an example : there is no ultimate pokemon that is like a huge icon that always stands out above others

Every single pokemon can be defeated by something else so its like a circle movement where everything is in balance.

Now in Dc people forget that there are supposed to be stronger people than that of superman such as Green lantern and The blue scarib.

Thes two were put in place as guardians of each planetary system which includes Krypton.

• 6 months later...

I think Supermam is just good enough to be a hero because he has natural in-born talents. Batman is more on training, hardwork, and dedication and he's a lot intelligent and better than Superman.

Personally, I'd prefer Batman to win but from the looks of it, I think there will be a villain that would come and they would fight together for justice.

It's highly possible that the movie developerd would conclude that they both won so that none of the viewers would be offended by the decision of the developers on who's gonna win.