AI cheating

hubbleday23

Ame's been cheating with Charlotte's team having a typhlosion knowing energy ball, which it can't get in any gen, and i should know typhlosion and i have been best pals since 2nd gen. That and it being my fave pokemon of all time.

It's bad enough Ame gives all the gym leaders field effects and battle items, but then she goes and adds illegal moves to pokemon. making a hard game now insanely difficult,

I hope Ame will see this and put it right, just give it focus blast/solarbeam/extrasensory or smokescreen, with the move set it already has. I don't know of any other illegal move sets in the game yet as this is the first one i have found, if anyone finds more let us know, because this isn't right. :(

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this isn't right. :(

I hope Ame will see this and put it right

Ame's been cheating

It's bad enough Ame gives all the gym leaders field effects and battle items, but then she goes and adds illegal moves to pokemon. making a hard game now insanely difficult

Whoa bruh, you seem pretty accusatory about all this. You're making it sound as though she gave it Energy Ball on purpose with both malice and forethought, as if it weren't simply an accident.

Calm down, guy.

Edited by Foamy

Ame's the first to admit she's not great with movesets, what with giving Terra's Excadrill Stone Edge. She didn't do this with the intention of making the game more difficult, but more so because she truly thought typhlosion had the move.

Ame's the first to admit she's not great with movesets, what with giving Terra's Excadrill Stone Edge. She didn't do this with the intention of making the game more difficult, but more so because she truly thought typhlosion had the move.

and let's not forget everyboddy makes mistakes, like Fern did when he sided with the Meteors*(I swear I'll beat him up for using a Roserade for Evil)

and let's not forget everyboddy makes mistakes, like Fern did when he sided with the Meteors*(I swear I'll beat him up for using a Roserade for Evil)

Don Corleone always had a Roserade in his pocket.

But, yes it was a mistake. It will be fixed in the next episode release. Reborn is not tough because of stupid luck. It's tough because it's logical.

If it was an accident i can forgive that and i sorry for accusing her, but lets face it ame's not above being sneaky just look where she hid Flash, and the lv70 umbreon she gave Lunna in the lv 65 gym battle, so you could get to lv 70. :[keepitclean]:

By the way has any one got any tips to defeat charlotte, as i've found her team does neutral to supper dmg on every type, and i went in with a team of water,psychic,ground and normal types and got body bagged (mainly do to energy ball), and my team was all lv 69-70.

By the way has any one got any tips to defeat charlotte, as i've found her team does neutral to supper dmg on every type, and i went in with a team of water,psychic,ground and normal types and got body bagged (mainly do to energy ball), and my team was all lv 69-70.

Theres actually a few ways to battle her on her field and beat her. You can either use her field against her, or get a lightning fast pokemon with raindance to set up the rainbow. I suggest catching a Zebstrika and finding the rain dance tm if you plan on doing the rainbow. The rainbow field helped me sooo much when I battled her

Visiting and posting on the 'Official Gym Leader Help Thread' under Team Showcase can offer some help.

Theres actually a few ways to battle her on her field and beat her. You can either use her field against her, or get a lightning fast pokemon with raindance to set up the rainbow. I suggest catching a Zebstrika and finding the rain dance tm if you plan on doing the rainbow. The rainbow field helped me sooo much when I battled her

As of the recent episode, the Rainbow Field is more difficult to set-up because Charlotte doesn't lead with Ninetales anymore - which makes the battle slightly harder.

thanks also i think sheer force is broken my feraligatr's moves aren't being power'd up i found that crunch still flinches as dose ice fang which also freezes.

Are you certain it has sheer force? There have been incidents where abilities have been changed between episodes, and this could be a result. If so, make a post in Bug Reporting to make it easier for the developers to see the bug and possibly fix it.

If it was an accident i can forgive that and i sorry for accusing her, but lets face it ame's not above being sneaky just look where she hid Flash, and the lv70 umbreon she gave Lunna in the lv 65 gym battle, so you could get to lv 70. :[keepitclean]:

Strange, I never hear anyone accuse the player of cheating because he has access to a brain whereas the game is stuck with a hobbled AI. Maybe someone needs to be a voice for the game.

"No fair, you set up with Bulk Up because I'm not programmed to switch!"

"You're sacrificing low-level death fodder in double battles? That's cheating!"

"Why do you get to use Cotton Candies when I'm stuck with 4 Hyper Potions?"

Edited by dondon151

thanks also i think sheer force is broken my feraligatr's moves aren't being power'd up i found that crunch still flinches as dose ice fang which also freezes.

As near as I can tell it appears to me like the moves are not being powered up, but the secondary effects are not occurring either.

>Tested using Sheer Force Feraligatr with Waterfall and Aqua Tail

Meh. AIs having illegal movesets is fine. Its when the AI starts pulling bullshit like (consistently) Hitting 5 times in a row with one hit KO moves while getting the jump on your team with quick claw every time, switching out when perish trapping when you do or healing on a turn where it is supposed to be recharging from its use of hyper beam the previous turn that will make my blood boil.

Edited by MetalKing1417

Let's address these three one by one.

Mine is keeping the second effect and not powering up the move. By the way if anyone find's anymore illegal move sets post them here so Ame can see.

Noted on the Sheer Force issue, however there is a bug reporting forum and "illegal move sets" should be posted in their respective places there, not here.

(In fact, so should have this been posted there.)

Meh. AIs having illegal movesets is fine. Its when the AI starts pulling bullshit like (consistently) Hitting 5 times in a row with one hit KO moves while getting the jump on your team with quick claw every time, switching out when perish trapping when you do or healing on a turn where it is supposed to be recharging from its use of hyper beam the previous turn that will make my blood boil.

Illegal moves = No bueno. We want to stick to the original games as much as we can, to avoid any insurgent behavior. As for the other things you've said.

Most of these are just the AI being smart, however, isn't it? I don't see anything there a player couldn't do, so how is thar a bad thing for the AI?

or getting paralyzed 8 turns in a row whilst they get paralyzed 1 in every 12 turns

That's calculated with random chance. It can happen there just like it can happen in any other (player) battles.

Hopefully this has answered some of your questions. On that note, this thread should be moved to the bug reporting forums, I feel.

It is called Skill Link