Ironically, I don't think he'll ever see this

Straightrider

I have never been able to get the tm.... is there a trick to it?

Yes there is. You must catch a male rattata and nickname it Godzilla, breed it with a female nidoran till you get a male nidoran. Then evolve it into a Nidoking, nicknamed Cain. Breed that with a slowbro. Then evolve the male slowpoke into a slowking named Duhhh and breed it with a malamar. Once you get an inkay, evolve it and nickname it Confucius. Next breed the inkay with a gyarados to get a Karp, and evolve it with the name Tiny. Finally breed Tiny with an arbok named Mongoose. Then keep Godzilla, Cain, Duhhh, Confucius, Tiny and Mongoose in your party and go play the game. Also before that. Pray to the RNG gods. And then sacrifice 3 chickens, 2 pizza's and a large bottle of coke to them.

Yes there is. You must catch a male rattata and nickname it Godzilla, breed it with a female nidoran till you get a male nidoran. Then evolve it into a Nidoking, nicknamed Cain. Breed that with a slowbro. Then evolve the male slowpoke into a slowking named Duhhh and breed it with a malamar. Once you get an inkay, evolve it and nickname it Confucius. Next breed the inkay with a gyarados to get a Karp, and evolve it with the name Tiny. Finally breed Tiny with an arbok named Mongoose. Then keep Godzilla, Cain, Duhhh, Confucius, Tiny and Mongoose in your party and go play the game. Also before that. Pray to the RNG gods. And then sacrifice 3 chickens, 2 pizza's and a large bottle of coke to them.

Hmmmmm i will try that....... wait sacrifice a coke? nope not trying that

Topic is shofu seeing the event.

Maybe he will, he's supposedly going to pick up the game again once someone who's been working on recreating his save file is finished and gives it to him.

Ame has said that his save file has been restored. (I asked her about it)

I have never been able to get the tm.... is there a trick to it?

Pokemon with Guts, Sheer Force, Pure Power and Huge Power have higher chances to hit high rolls on the High Striker in the big top field. I'm not sure if it also works with the High Striker outside the gym, but it worked with me. It's not 100%, but helped me a lot to get higher rolls.

• Administrators

Yeah, I sent him the complete save file, and then like two days later he started Insrugence, saying in the opening video about missing a save file. I'm not sure if he didn't get it, or if that video was recorded first, or... what.

Let him finish what insurgence has to offer thus far and then I think he'll come back to Reborn.

He's probably going to have Insurgence and Reborn on rotate. When new content comes out for Reborn (or he gets his save file), he will play Reborn, until he's done Reborn content. Then he waits for new Insurgence content. If the content comes out at the same time, maybe he'll do both LPs at once, though.

Yeah, I sent him the complete save file, and then like two days later he started Insrugence, saying in the opening video about missing a save file. I'm not sure if he didn't get it, or if that video was recorded first, or... what.

Oh yeah, I've been meaning to ask. How complete of a replica is the save file that you made for him? Does it just have his items and Pokémon with their respective natures and movesets, or did you also manage to recreate some of the nitty-gritty details, like EVs and/or IVs?

(I dunno how the latter would even be possible, since not even his entire recorded playthrough has all of that information.)

I don't think IVs or EVs have been trifled with, but everything else should match up.

Even without the EVs and IVs, that still seems like a metric crapton of data to recreate. Thank you, as always, for working so hard!

• Developers

Even without the EVs and IVs, that still seems like a metric crapton of data to recreate. Thank you, as always, for working so hard!

Credit for that goes to SuperJanBro, he's the one who took the time to replay Shofu's entire game, basically.

His IV's are actually completely identical. When he got to Seventh street, there was a point where he checked all of his Pokemon's IVs. So that helped a lot.

Although EVs were trickier, I don't think I got those 100% correct, but they should be close? Either way, I loved that lp so I had no problem redoing it, lol.