I don't want to alarm anyone, but...

Amethyst

• Administrators

We fixed our image generators.

Some context for newer members: Early this year we were forced to change hosts, and in doing so a large part of our site's functionality broke. Around the same time, we lost our magical scripting friend Nyunyu (who made that stuff, including the Trainer Card creator, the Sprite Shop, the What Type Are You Quiz image generator, and more) to the throes of reality, and so we were left high and dry with no way to repair them.

Well, we just did, finally, with particular thanks to the member BlackKat6 who got us started on that. As of now, all image generators appear to be functioning properly, so the Card Creator, Type Quiz, and Sprite Shop are all, once again, open for business.

If you haven't been around since the Card Creator and Sprite Shop were things, I invite you to try them out. The Card Creator does accept exports from PO (maybe not Showdown yet?) but there may be some kinks, especially with newer content. Also, please note that you must have a Trainer Card before making a sprite or it will not save. Those stipulations aside, I can't help but think the Sprite Shop is the perfect thing to create an avatar for use on the Showdown Server.

Speaking of the Showdown server, what's up? Well, Showdown itself had a bug and had to roll back their files to the past month, which was before we joined up. Therefore, they lost all of our registration stuff (i.e the reborn.psim.us URL) and here we are. They also aren't accepting registrations currently, presumably due to that bug, so we are currently waiting for them to resolve that scenario so we can get back in. Nonetheless, the sidebar Showdown links do work, and all custom avatars will return once we get the URL back.

As a final note, those of you who were around just before the sprite shop bailed out might remember the Sprite Item Request Items. I have all previous requests back-logged and can now begin working on them over time. Once they are all completed, those items will be re-enabled so new items can be produced for the store.

It's good to be back.

(No, this does not mean League is returning.)

• Upvote 6

ALL OF MY YES I CAN FINNALY GO BALISTICS ON THE SPRITE SHOP <33333333333

EDIT:

Uhh.. Amethyst, quick heads up: idk if it's just me but the "create a trainer card" link is directing me to the home page and not the creator per say.

Everything else is working nicely tho.

EDIT 2: It's fixed here, thanks again!

#AmeIsBestOwner

Edited by Telos

Hehey, great job Ame! It's great to have those back, gonna try the type quiz again soon. ^_^

Also, question: Just to make sure, if we change the trainer card we still lose any badges we have there correct?

Edited by Notus

There's a bug for me in Showdown. Since I bought the item and had my sprite changed for showdown there has been a bit of an issues since the loss of our actual PS server. The Trainer avatar/sprites flicker between different trainers and such, but other than that I'm having no problems. Nice to know good ol' custom sprite will return

Wasn't there a talk about them being broke and that it would take way too long to fix them in the Status-Update just a few minutes ago?

But damn!

I can finally change my trainer card again?

Sweet!

That was my bad, though all I said was that they were down for a while and no statements on when they'd be fixed had been made. Until now, that is.

• Administrators

Delete button should be fixed now

Hehey, great job Ame! It's great to have those back, gonna try the type quiz again soon. ^_^

Also, question: Just to make sure, if we change the trainer card we still lose any badges we have there correct?

This is true, but... it won't really matter anymore.

yeah, now that i actually test it, jerry's right.

it shows cal's fauxhawk for me tho.

EDIT:

@Below post - i'm actually pretty hyped about that too

Edited by Telos

So league isn't returning, but can I ask if league will ever come back in the future? We seem to have some of the things needed. However, I guess the real problem is finding leaders and getting everything set up.

So league isn't returning, but can I ask if league will ever come back in the future? We seem to have some of the things needed. However, I guess the real problem is finding leaders and getting everything set up.

I think Ame has said many times that there's no way to get like running like it once was now that we're on Showdown! And that it won't ever be coming back in general. Sorry man.