[Spoilers] E14 Review

Xiri

Just going to jot down a few points about the recent episode:

1. Didn't I say there will be a PULSE Avalugg? Certainly wasn't expecting a fight like that at the very beginning. Had to wait until the thing used Earthquake to dispose the field effect because the field weakens fire attacks - so a Flare Blitz from my Arcanine didn't inflict much damage.

2. Ametrine City looked so beautiful! I loved the little cloud detail

3. Heather was confirmed to be part of the E4. This was expected - but I still find it slightly strange that her father was a Gym Leader while she is up at a higher rank than him

4. Many people have pointed this out already - but I also loved the character development shown in Shelly and Cal. Speaking of Cal, I kind of expected to see Victoria again - but she didn't appear. I wonder when we will be able to see her?

5. So... Terra was the 'betrayer'. I wasn't expecting that. I was pretty certain that the helicopter that came to pick Blake up had Radomus inside or something.

6. That blimmin Mewtwo can go screw itself - but Glitch City was pretty fun to explore.

7. I have no idea what the E15 teaser is foreshadowing... anyone have a clue?

You listed almost all the things that I loved in this episode and make it the best one till now for me

I really like it

Loved the E15 Teaser Poem

OH THE POEM

IS ABOUT WHAT WE SEE AT SHADES GYM

4 SCREENS

4 SOULS

Edited by Qaaz

OH THE POEM

IS ABOUT WHAT WE SEE AT SHADES GYM

4 SCREENS

4 SOULS

I understood that 2 are "true" and 2 are "false" (Kiki dying and Corey falling to his death are "true" i believe) sooo Lin probably isn't blowing up anytime soon

and the zel backstory in the abandoned house in ametrine?

YES! When I was reading what Shelly was telling me and then suddenly realized what the diary was all about I had the exact same reaction that comes to me when I learn backstory from my favourite anime/cartoon/book characters. So ingenious.... and so creepy not gonna lie.

That and Glitch City are probably my favs from this episode, and the clouds in the background sky of Ametrine mountain where neat (Toy Story anyone? no one? ok nevermind). Glitch City was a what-the-fuck feel all the way, didn't read any spoilers and deifinitively wasn't expecting anything of the sorts, but loved pretty much every tiny detail in that world. What got my attention is that.... are the maps in Glitch city based on retro versions of reborn's maps? I thought of being walking through a retro, noir-ish byxbysion wasteland most of the time, as well as I got the feeling of being in buildings and caves I had explored in the overworld before... dunno if I'm right or not but sure loved that.

And also.... what's the best possible thing you can find in a retro-glitch-noir-gen-1-ish world? A shiny porygon that looks like a black and white, paper drawn version of a regular porygon. That was the definitive feat, loved EP 14.

Terra's reasons for being part of meteor interest me, unless it's just for anarchy and that stuff.

Tho she brought up arceus again I think, that was interesting.

I enjoyed Blake and Cals interactions.

Edited by Myst

Originally, we all expected to have the same Field effect for Samson/Ciel/Terra, but I love it when Ame throws us a curveball (that'd be an interesting Pokeball, btw. Like the more rounded something is, the higher the catch rate. So max catch rate on Solosis and Voltorb, and min on Porygon. Not particularly relevant, it just came to me so I'm sharing my random thoughts) like this and gives us a field where everything reverts to previous generations. As for ZEL, the moment Shelly read "Eve" aloud, my jaw hit the floor as i realized what happened. Of all the PULSEs Eve could have made, though, I would have recommended she have used an Audino or something of the sort instead of, oh, I don't know, an electric type that changes when magnetism is applied. Also, this raises the question once again: who's Eeveelutions are the those? Eve's? Zero's? The third person with an L that I don't remember?

So, on the matter of Meteor Admins:

Taka doesn't really like his job, but hey, his dad in kinda the big-picture guy of Meteor, so he can't really leave.

Aster is kinda just alone and confused at this point, so I'd be interesting in seeing how that turns out.

Sirius (probably mispelled) hasn't gotten much screen time, we know extremely little about him, and he seems pretty content with his position and his actions for now.

ZEL is apparently 2/3 not a Meteor, so perhaps Zero will lose control and we'll gain another ally (we could really use them right now, considering we're kinda running low at the moment).

Fern, I feel at least, is a decent guy at heart and cares for his sister and they'll probably have a showdown between the remaining leaders and Meteors (hopefully once we have all their badges so we don't have any of this "track down the replacement leader" bs) and while Fern will beat her in combat, he won't kill her or anything.

Now. On to the matter of Terra. I'm not particularly certain about her reasoning yet, but seriously, anarchy isn't the best reasoning to give up your only means of employment and just join a group hell bent on destroying all civilization in the area. Although, her being a Meteor does help explain why she didn't just jump around trying to play whack-a-mole with the PULSEs.

There probably is more to Terra then. We haven't seen some of the other leaders for awhile either who have important use to the plot in ways.

All these potential meteor allies does raise that question again of an internal rebellion of sorts within meteor. However, maybe not as well since Sirius will have none of that.

I assumed originally that each of the eeveelutions were owned or governed by a certain personality, in a way, that eeveelution represented them.

Of course that's not really much of a thing now and we can probably expect a full tteam of eevees next time we see them.

Hm, what if eevee is like, the favorite pokemon of the younger sister? Dunno.

Didn't Cal mention that he knew of Terra being in Meteor? He said something about Terra rising through the ranks as soon as Lin joined. So maybe she and Lin actually have some sort of connection.

(Then again, things probably change depending on whether you outright refuse to give the Ruby Ring to Blake or not. I absolutely refused.)

Edited by Alilatias

Didn't Cal mention that he knew of Terra being in Meteor? He said something about Terra rising through the ranks as soon as Lin joined. So maybe she and Lin actually have some sort of connection.

(Then again, things probably change depending on whether you outright refuse to give the Ruby Ring to Blake or not. I absolutely refused.)

Hm, was that a choice? I mean, I refused the first choice but accepted it when Shelly asked.

And he said the same thing in such case.

Hm, was that a choice? I mean, I refused the first choice but accepted it when Shelly asked.

And he said the same thing in such case.

I did that too. And Heather got the ring in the end after all.

About the Meteors. With all those characters allying with them and where the things are going with them, I think I'm not the only one predicting some kind of treason. Turns out that fare share of important characters are not comfortable with how things are at the moment.

However I'm not thinking that half of them suddenly become good and join our side. No. What I see are two hostile sides led by Lin and Solaris. We know that Lin took the charge by force recently. I say not everyone were content with that, and especially not Solaris. I sence an internal struggle for power. But who will take which side? Where will go ZEL, Taka, Aster, dr.Connal, Sirius, Elias, Blake, Fern and Terra? Will they even choose a side?

Edited by Jaromir

I did that too. And Heather got the ring in the end after all.

About the Meteors. With all those characters allying with them and where the things are going with them, I think I'm not the only one predicting some kind of treason. Turns out that fare share of important characters are not comfortable with how things are at the moment.

However I'm not thinking that half of them suddenly become good and join our side. No. What I see are two hostile sides led by Lin and Solaris. We know that Lin took the charge by force recently. I say not everyone were content with that, and especially not Solaris. I sence an internal struggle for power. But who will take which side? Where will go ZEL, Taka, Aster, dr.Connal, Sirius, Elias, Blake, Fern and Terra? Will they even choose a side?

Right, I didn't mean that they would either stick with Lin or join us, but rather they might behave a bit like they did when the player assists in defeating PULSE Abra, that is to say honorably. I'm kinda predicting that we'll witness a split in the ranks of the Meteors and it will be Lin vs Solaris. Here's what I'm thinking in that regard:

Team Solaris: Calculated, reasonable, and a true force to be reckoned with, yet still possessing an "end justifies the means" slant

Taka- come on, Solaris is his dad

ZEL- ZEL isn't all bad, as seen when we helped with Abra and in the "Suspicious house"

(Potentially) Aster- We don't know Aster as well as we now know Eclipse, with Aster's only real characterization showing that is very literal and not the most dazzling crayon in the box.

Team Lin: Ruthless, cruel, "no loose ends" sorta team

Sigmund Connal- decided to take up electrocuting orphans as a fun bit of his job. Enough said.

Fern- Have you read his dialogue?

Blake- Throws Heather in jail for feeding people. No Blake, Heather isn't the b*tch, you are.

Sirius- Eclipse

Terra- Terra rose quickly through the ranks thanks to Lin, so I'm assuming she'd side with her promoter.

So with all this in mind, things seem to be learning quite heavily Lin's way.

Edited by AuthorReborn

Team Solaris: Calculated, reasonable, and a true force to be reckoned with, yet still possessing an "end justifies the means" slant

ZEL- ZEL isn't all bad, as seen when we helped with Abra and in the "Suspicious house"

(Potentially) Aster- We don't know Aster as well as we now know Eclipse, with Aster's only real characterization showing that is very literal and not the most dazzling crayon in the box.

Sigmund Connal- decided to take up electrocuting orphans as a fun bit of his job. Enough said.

Blake- Throws Heather in jail for feeding people. No Blake, Heather isn't the b*tch, you are.

Sirius- Eclipse

Terra- Terra rose quickly through the ranks thanks to Lin, so I'm assuming she'd side with her promoter.

Yeah, that seems about right. Solaris isn´t all that bad. Yes, he killed Kiki, but she would´ve died anyway, if it wasn´t for Cal destroying the Pulse.

My guess is there is going to be some kind of uprising against Lin, but they´re all waiting for the right moment to do so. Solaris, like Taka, seems to be the cunning person anyway, using some distraction (Hey, look at this pulse-muk *throws out garchomp*) or any other sneaky means (Pulse-camerupt at the peak of the volcano, where nobody would normally look. Also: Luring the player on a trap door to lock him away) to get his way. Though an all-out confrontation would be one Lin would probably win, by quantity and quality, unless Solaris evens the odds a little. There used to be an old team meteor, we don´t really know how extreme those guys were, but both meteors want to rebuild reborn in their image and Lin´s meteors are almost like a bunch of terrorists, so I guess old meteors weren´t all that bad and psychotic.

What I think is that we´ll get to know more about all of this as soon as we defeat Solaris again or if our side proves strong enough to be worth a complete betrayal on Lin.

I really love one thing about team meteor: Unlike other teams, they show a lot of presence and they are actually a threat ^^

I can´t agree on Sigmund all that much. He has his reasons. Says he´s investigating something - This something is probably Lin, who he seems to know. He tries to help messed up people, though he doesn´t realise his methods (or maybe he himself?) are the the only things that are messed up and need to be fixed.

Fern and Blake are very similiar. Both are arrogant assholes who are all high ´n mighty, even if they lose.

Now, come to think about it... you never see them in the same place...

We don´t know that much about Sirius yet, do we? I mean yeah, he´s some high-ranking guy who is with the meteors and he´s ruthless and dangerous, but otherwise we know nothing about that guy. My guess is he scored higher ranks when Lin became the new boss. The way things are, he´d side with Lin.

Fern and Blake are very similiar. Both are arrogant assholes who are all high ´n mighty, even if they lose.

Now, come to think about it... you never see them in the same place...

I'm assuming you're going with the idea of them being the same person, but keep in mind, Fern has a sister and Blake has a brother and no relations have been established between them.

Right, I didn't mean that they would either stick with Lin or join us, but rather they might behave a bit like they did when the player assists in defeating PULSE Abra, that is to say honorably. I'm kinda predicting that we'll witness a split in the ranks of the Meteors and it will be Lin vs Solaris. Here's what I'm thinking in that regard:

Sirius- Eclipse

Ruthless, Cruel, and "No loose ends" makes me think of Solaris. The accounts of the "orphan" Lin describes her as a sadist who wants to break anything that isn't hers.

Remember, beyond a few mere sentences from her to Saphira and the admins while you were in her presence as well as some second hand accounts which are either obtuse or may have been changed due to the passage of time (or are referring to a different person if Ame decides to throw us a curveball), we know very little about her or her characterization (aside from the sheer terror the admins seem to have at the prospect of their failure controlling abra being seen by her). Plus Solaris seems to be the Team Meteor member who gives off the least signs of rebellion.