[Spoilers] E14 Review

Xiri

Two things, firstly don't fall into the trap of thinking that Dr. Connel is a bad person. He isn't, he tried to do the right thing with his therapy, there's a lot of backstory there.

Secondly y'all are talking about Solaris being a better person than Lin but if I look at what we know about him objectively I don't think we know anywhere near enough to make that call yet.

Two things, firstly don't fall into the trap of thinking that Dr. Connel is a bad person. He isn't, he tried to do the right thing with his therapy, there's a lot of backstory there.

Ever since I did the B(?) route during the team up with Cain (fighting Sirius instead of Sigmund in a double battle), the added info and dialogue I got from Sigmund made me think he's more misguided and kind of crazy, rather than outright evil.

Secondly y'all are talking about Solaris being a better person than Lin but if I look at what we know about him objectively I don't think we know anywhere near enough to make that call yet.

Well, we do only see Solaris when we are in direct opposition to him so we don't have much to go on, but I'd assume from the Meteor grunts complaining about Lin that Solaris treated those loyal to Team Meteor well. I mean when you raid the Blackwater Factory (I believe it's called that, in case I screwed up the name Amaria lends a hand there) Solaris doesn't go ballistic on his followers, meanwhile in the Tanzan Base Sirius covers for the player when Lin arrives, very likely in fear of what she would do to him if she knew he let an intruder in and ZEL also complies to this. I think that shows that Lin at the very least, treats her subordinates quite poorly, or is very unforgiving.

Edited by Mighty Kamina

Well I guess this thread turned into a Meteor analysis thread now (which is completely fine).

Ah I completely forgot to mention ZEL's backstory! Yes, it was quite exciting to hear this - although I didn't realize that the diary entry was written by Lumi until halfway. I have a feeling we might be able to acquaint with ZEL in the future as allies.

Oh, and was anyone expecting the fight with Aster for Waterfall? I certainly wasn't.

I'd love to see what happens when those two egos meet. The world would probably end.

I have to say Blake isn't even near the "Fern" level he reminds me of Blue/Gary from Pokemon Red/Blue well he's a little more serious (but that's because the game is more "mature") he even made me chuckle at times while meeting Fern just makes me angry.

I'm assuming you're going with the idea of them being the same person, but keep in mind, Fern has a sister and Blake has a brother and no relations have been established between them.

I was just kidding around, I don´t believe they´re one and the same ;)

I'd love to see what happens when those two egos meet. The world would probably end.

Yeah, I´d love to see that as well. The rpg-maker is only strong enough to handle one person with an ego this size. But two?

Game´s gonna freeze and corrupt our save-file.

Ever since I did the B(?) route during the team up with Cain (fighting Sirius instead of Sigmund in a double battle), the added info and dialogue I got from Sigmund made me think he's more misguided and kind of crazy, rather than outright evil.

Well, we do only see Solaris when we are in direct opposition to him so we don't have much to go on, but I'd assume from the Meteor grunts complaining about Lin that Solaris treated those loyal to Team Meteor well. I mean when you raid the Blackwater Factory (I believe it's called that, in case I screwed up the name Amaria lends a hand there) Solaris doesn't go ballistic on his followers, meanwhile in the Tanzan Base Sirius covers for the player when Lin arrives, very likely in fear of what she would do to him if she knew he let an intruder in and ZEL also complies to this. I think that shows that Lin at the very least, treats her subordinates quite poorly, or is at the very least very unforgiving.

I never did the other option with Sigmund/Sirius, always ended up fighting Sigmund because I wanted to help Heather. I already guessed Sigmund is a bit misguided, especially after seeing that screen in Shade´s gym (Him standing there and a girl running away from him or something). There´s more to him than just "He´s evil", I think.

Is there any big difference when picking sigmund at the yureyu building?

Well, we never saw Solaris threating his followers badly. He´s either ok or just not that caring, but he´s not outright threatening and doesn´t seem to have an influence on them that seems unsettling - The way Sirius and ZEL panic and even hide the player makes me want to know what kind of leader Lin actually is, because from what was said about her I get the feeling she treats her allies as badly as her enemies if there´s even one little thing wrong about them. Pretty much the signs of a tyrant.

Edited by UnprofessionalAmateur

Well, we never saw Solaris threating his followers badly. He´s either ok or just not that caring, but he´s not outright threatening and doesn´t seem to have an influence on them that seems unsettling - The way Sirius and ZEL panic and even hide the player makes me want to know what kind of leader Lin actually is, because from what was said about her I get the feeling she treats her allies as badly as her enemies if there´s even one little thing wrong about them. Pretty much the signs of a tyrant.

You attempt to turn away from him on the other hand, well, he makes you never get to the afterlife. See Eclipse.

Let's also not forget the guy and his pokemon have the highest onscreen kill count in reborn. (Compared to Lin, who has a kill count of 0)

Edited by MetalKing1417

I already guessed Sigmund is a bit misguided, especially after seeing that screen in Shade´s gym (Him standing there and a girl running away from him or something). There´s more to him than just "He´s evil", I think.

Is there any big difference when picking sigmund at the yureyu building?

I believe the woman seen running away from him is actually his deceased sister, who was troubled and ended up becoming the cause for his obsession with electricity because the only treatment untried was shock therapy and he believes that if he had only been there when his sister was still around, he could have saved her (There's a Gossip Gardevoir interview with him floating around the forums somewhere).

That being said, I believe that Sigmund has completely gone of the deep end at this point, as there's a difference in attempting shock therapy on people after all other outlets have been explored and between actually jumping right to the conclusion "Oh, well, I have these orphans in my care.They're quite troubled. Electrivire, time to get to work!"

P.S: That was a pain to quote only that bit since the cyan text blends into the white background.

Edited by AuthorReborn

T3rr4's betrayal hit me like a punch to the face; I genuinely didn't expect that but man even as a villain is she a laugh or what? Loved glitch city and all the little jokes there! The nostalgia would have been even more amazing if the pokemon available there had their gen1 sprites tho.

And sorry if this isn't the place to post this but how long does an update normally take? I'm thinking about downloading an older episode and starting from scratch to get a better reborn experience.

As for who's on who's side on Team Meteor, who would Elias side with?

I'd probably say that Elias would side with Solaris. He gets his messages from Solaris, and even believes in their goal to wipe the city clean, and find the source of power beneath Reborn (Probably Arceus or something, considering Elias' plans and shady dealings) Plus, he's cunning, as he slips inside Vanhanen Castle, makes a power outage, and kidnaps Luna.