[Spoilers!] Terror of Techno

Seehan

Only way I won that fight was having my Sylveon out first to set up light screen. Then my Heracross kinda mega horned and close combated his way through with moxie until that Quagsire...oh god that unaware quagsire stalled the crap out of my team. It eventually started running out PP for it's moves and she switched it out to her Hippowdon, but I easily destroyed that one. That Quagsire almost screwed me over. The two max revives I was saving up was used just because of that monster ;_;

Edited by IronWraith

Her Quaqsire gave me the most trouble... just because I have currently no Grass-Type move on my team (and I utterly despise Grassknot for its damage based on weight thing... I just want my Energy Ball... pwetty pwease Ame?)

I opened with swampert.

Nidoking got 2 hit KOed with Surf.

Claydol immediatley self-destucted, after it got hit by Surf, which Swampert survived.

Hippowdon one critical Surf.

Garchomp -> switch to Glaceon. Glaceon survived an attack and one-hit killed it with Blizzard.

Excadrill -> switch to Noivern. Flamethrower = Defeated Excadrill

Incoming Quagsire -> back to Swampert. Surf until out of Hyper Potions and slowly Surf it to death.

Attempts: 3

I tried to choose the best team against ground pokemon from the ones I have: Feraligart, Kingdra, Gengar, Nidoking, Lucario and Aggron. Believe or not, my gengar was the MVP of the battle, that defense of the quasire was too dam high xD I have to use hipnosis to prevent quasire to recover when he was on low health (it was the most difficult part of the battle for me), my kingra did a good job killing the nidoking with surf, my aggron with "Metal Burst" 1KO her garchomp because she used draco meteor and my aggron survived, my feraligarth took her excadrill and Hippowdon with waterfall, my nidoking and lucario couldnt kill anyone but they at least do a good job while I was healing the other ones.

Edited by Chacal

for me, the trouble with her was her claydol, ironically. Torterra takes care of most everything but her Garchomp. Since psychic gets a boost thanks to the field, it was able to two shot me most of the time. And because the P/S split was undone, I couldn't use the DD sweep on gyrados, or even calm mind with lucario. I just had to get lucky with the damage rolls on her with Wood hammer, so I could get giga drain recovery on her recovery turns, and hit her again with WH. Overall, not that bad if you are prepared, but hell if you aren't.

I've since took a page from noel's book and made a cosmic power/minimize/stored power clefable that steamrolled her team, I was really surprised how smooth it went. I notice that gym leaders, for me at least, are either a 2 or a 10 in terms of difficulty. Like, People like Florinia Serra and Aya made me rage quit the game for weeks, but like, radomus luna and terra I beat on my first try. I don't know if I'm just adjusting to Reborn's difficulty or it's just because I have more resources now. I will say, it's much much easier to build a sweep in a single battle

For some reason she kept using flamethrower on my gallade with garchomp after I killed her nidoking, doing next to no damage and letting me setup 3 sword dances. Then I swept her with close combat.

• 2 weeks later...

She used 5 or 6 Hyper Potions on just the Quagsire.

Also, that type change explains a lot... I was wondering why Crunch wasn't being super effective against Claydol...

I'm fairly certain she didn't since she only has 3 Hyper potions ;)

Yeah with the glitch field, Dark, Steel, and Fairy type attacks all become normal types.

Quagsire has Blizzard, I'm sure of it because Terra predicted my switch to Tangrowth and freezed it with Blizzard, I had to use a full restore :/.

Anyway, she was easy appart from that RAWRCHOMP which is ridiculously strong and I had nothing supereffective against it. I hit 2 surfs with Gastrodon and finish it with a WTF BOOM from Gigalith.

My team is quite good in the computer world actually, the only drawback I had is that Venomoth's bug buzz becomes physical. Other than that, I'm glad I could abuse the move explosion, I knew this would be useful :P. It wouldn't be possible to kill Mewtwo without it :P.

She used 5 or 6 Hyper Potions on just the Quagsire.

Also, that type change explains a lot... I was wondering why Crunch wasn't being super effective against Claydol...

Yeah but.. the pure tankiness of that quagsire felt like whittling a boulder with a toothpick...only to have it replaced again...and again...and again....

Alakazam really destroys Terra. Just spam psychic to get the job done.

Not really, Alakazam can't hit Claydol (unless it knows signal beam or energy ball which I don't think are available at this point), psychic barely does a third against Garchomp and it gets destroyed by Bulldoze.

Edited by Jean mi

• Veterans

Lemme help you guys here.Since Garchomp's Sp Defense is higher than His SP attack that's what his special stat is calculated off of.He also holds an Assault Vest which raises his Base SP Attack to 127.5/128.And since D-Meteor lowers the Special attack his SP Attack is 100% unless you lower it.

Not really, Alakazam can't hit Claydol (unless it knows signal beam or energy ball which I don't think are available at this point), psychic barely does a third against Garchomp and it gets destroyed by Bulldoze.

Signal Beam runs off atk in glitch field and Alakazam has access to Grass Knot, which hits Claydol at 100 BP.

Signal Beam runs off atk in glitch field and Alakazam has access to Grass Knot, which hits Claydol at 100 BP.

Yeah, true about Signal beam. I didn't know that Alakazam could learn Grass Knot, could have been useful actually.

Garchomp has an Assault Vest ? That explains how it could tank special hits so well.