[Outdated] Site/Forum Suggestions, Maintenance, and Discussion

Arkhi

• Support Squad

This isn't large enough a problem to edit the main post.

From the Hall of Fame, Season 1, when Icey-Kun's profile is accessed from that hyperlink, the redirect is incorrect. It takes users to http://www.pokemonreborne.com/forum/index.php?showuser=10

Now I'm not British, but I think reborn is still spelled without an "e".

Hi what?

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just curious here, but would it be possible to install an auto save feature into the Private Messages system like the Main Forums have?

Cause I'm sure there are people out there who will agree, when you've sat there for a while typing out something long or important, and you go to hit the submit reply button, and then either your Internet has died, something has happened to the site to cause it to go down, your computer craps out, etc, and you completely lose everything you wrote with no way of getting it back...

While true, this problem can be made to have a bit less impact by simply copying everything into notepad or some other such program, taking a screenshot, etc, before hitting submit, still... it's just a thought.

Edited the OP.
I've got two questions, though- should this thread expand into the non-Ace/auth community? I'd prefer to start a new thread in which everyone can contribute. Additionally, would you folks like the implemented suggestions removed from the OP?

Also, how would everyone feel about being able to post statuses on other people's profiles again? The decision lies with Dan, Ikaru, and/or Ame, but opinions here would be beneficial.

Edited by Arkhidon

While I most definitely see the benefits of opening this to the public, I feel like the less mature members of the community might flood this with bizarre or unreasonable requests.

As for implemented suggestions, I feel as if they are beneficial for showing us what has been accomplished, or perhaps if things might need to be reversed for whatever reason, the list could come in handy. Perhaps just put it in a spoiled section so the OP doesn't feel a bit cluttered?

And, posting statuses on other's profiles? I guess this was a function I missed. Could you elaborate?

While I most definitely see the benefits of opening this to the public, I feel like the less mature members of the community might flood this with bizarre or unreasonable requests.

That's my one worry. Plus, Jelly is a thing.

And, posting statuses on other's profiles? I guess this was a function I missed. Could you elaborate?

Check out the Profile Feed for Nyu. http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showuser=51

I don't know if posts on other people's feeds show up on the Community Index, though. That could be annoying if people abuse it.

The feature is still there- it was never deactivated. ...But it does look to be broken... not entirely sure why.

Did these statuses show up in the feed in the Community Index? When the community was smaller, it wouldn't have been a problem, but with as many active members as there are now, the feed would get filled quickly.

Though its applicative use isn't great with the character limit and lack of privacy.

I'm totally for it too but it was never deliberately removed. A forum update probably broke it or something, meaning there's not a lot I can do.

Could it be the same reason people cannot make status updates from their profile page, but only by writing it in the column on the left?

• Administrators

Interesting thought. I suspect you're right, but to be frank I don't really have a way to test it.

LET ME TELL YOU

how confusing cluttered and irritatingly unclear the HTML template stuff on this site is

VERY.

ikaru can attest to this

god help

why

back in IPB 2.x everything made sense

but this

what did we do to deserve this

Sounds like a site update is in order. Though, with the luck of the Gator and looking at what's happening with Showdown, I wouldn't be surprised to see the stars align just to flip us off, much less crash the site for a while.

Sounds like a site update is in order. Though, with the luck of the Gator and looking at what's happening with Showdown, I wouldn't be surprised to see the stars align just to flip us off, much less crash the site for a while.

But we're not longer with the gator, if I remember correctly.

But we're not longer with the gator, if I remember correctly.

Correct. Though, history tends to repeat itself. If the site were to be renovated, then we'd best prepare for another crash, whether it's precedent or not. Ame said this massive update wasn't recent, so it's a safe assumption that newer versions of the site have been released. Plus, HostGator was just a site host to allow us our domain name. The site's forum design should be of different origin.