What anime trend do you love and hate the most?

MotherGlitcher

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah and the show very well could be only half over even if its on hiatus. The 1000 year Blood War Arc is "going to be the longest ark of all". Well probably more than half considering there probably wont be nearly as much filler, but its going so be longer thab the arrancar arc.

.......Right, not even close to an anime aficionado, but I'll take a swing at this one.

With regards to Anime, my biggest pet peeve is when in the middle of a series, there is a rather pointless change in title sequence/end credits themes. (Yeah, Hilda had no business posting in this thread, Sorry guys...D: )

The most recently viewed anime series for me (Future Diary) falls victim to this. Faylan's 'Blood Teller', Future Diary's original ending credit theme, was so good in my opinion that I would sit through the entire credit reel, and pull out the air guitar. As for the opening. It's not Future Diary if I'm not naming off every Roman deity ever, as well as counting to three in German.

I AGREE WITH THIS A FUCKING TON (although I actually like mirai nikki's second ending better >->)

I dont mind it when 2nd openings arent bad or are even better than the 1st ones tho (examples: snk, toaru majutsu no index/railgun, psycho-pass, ...)

I have the entire Mirai Nikki soundtrack, all full versions of songs. It's pretty damn wonderful.

Mostly agree with you here.

I'm not keen on the 2nd opening theme AT ALL. The whole theme is in english, but the words are sometimes mispronounced and it has some phrases that are rushed beyond understanding, and it just doesn't sound coherent at times. Not to mention, it's a downgrade from the original theme.

Edited by Hilda

Mirai Nikki in general was pretty solid for about the first half, (and the opening was fantastic) despite the flaws that I have regarding the entirety of Yuno's portrayal and the anime's focus on her.

I feel like the crappy second opening was probably a sign I should've taken that it was only going to get worse. At least, that's how I felt.

I mean, it's not as severe as how I felt about SAO's second half (which also coincidentally has a badder 2nd opening), but it's definetely something that threw me off from the series.

• Support Squad

In regards to the theme song change, typically it corresponds to a change in season, winter, spring, summer, fall, and from what I can tell is meant to reflect a change in the shows atmosphere or story.

Also, Bleach filler was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO fucking infuriating. You had like 2 decent fights, then 26 eps of Ass filler arc, Also, Renji is underpowered.

Two words that sum up all that I hate: Gainax endings (there's even a page in TVtropes for that). If you watched the original TV series for Neon Genesis Evangelion you know what I mean. XP If you don't, it refers to when the show is going great, and suddenly... Wtf bomb. The story either gets completely crazy or is completely dropped, and you sit there trying to understand what the hell just happened.

On the matter of changing in theme songs, it sometimes works well, sometimes not. Good ones were (example) Fate/Zero and Psycho-Pass. The worse I ever saw was Death Note's...

Also I've been a lot irritated by illogical power boosts in critical situations (and that tends to happen in a lot of shows). The Irregular in Magic High-School has been giving a bit of this to me lately, due to the ridiculous OPness of the main character.

Also I've been a lot irritated by illogical power boosts in critical situations (and that tends to happen in a lot of shows). The Irregular in Magic High-School has been giving a bit of this to me lately, due to the ridiculous OPness of the main character.

That character was made solely to be an incestuous gary stu of a main character

I think they just knew they ended up doing it and decided to go with it because it's that severe

uwot

u heard me

• Support Squad

I'm not gonna lie, if they pump some awesome music into the scene, I fall for Illogical power boosts, hook, line, and sinker. hose moments are the only reason I watch Fairy Tail.

Also, in the new Magic Kaito anime, I've seen one ep and I'm calling that main character a Sue. They are literally able to have him do ANYTHING with the excuse a magician never reveals his secrets. Was a pretty cool idea too >.<

I'm not gonna lie, if they pump some awesome music into the scene, I fall for Illogical power boosts, hook, line, and sinker. hose moments are the only reason I watch Fairy Tail.

Also, in the new Magic Kaito anime, I've seen one ep and I'm calling that main character a Sue. They are literally able to have him do ANYTHING with the excuse a magician never reveals his secrets. Was a pretty cool idea too >.<

Ah, FT's nakama power boost is in a league of its own, when I did watch the anime or read the manga, I always fail to establish even a vague power level scale to its characters, anyone can beat anyone. Scary ass world. You are quite easily satisfied if music is all you need to overcome it...

I generally tend to like whatever the anime/manga has going for it as long as it has my interest, like the fights in Fairy Tail & One Piece, shock value in Akame ga Kill (sucker for that stuff), some fan service as long as its not going overboard, etc etc. Just an easy to please guy in general, but I'd be lying if there were stuff I don't hate.=/ Excessive flashbacks for starters, which puts me off from Naruto ALOT, like an entire manga volume dedicated to Sasuke's childhood & a flashback telling about Sakura's hair during her fight against Ino? Screw that, I generally hate any flashback more than fan service thanks to Naruto, & Pacific Rim had a huge flashback when I saw the movie. Another pet peeve of mine would be CGI, its used in a ton of movies these days & its gotten into anime as well.=/ If done right its fine, however too much of it is just.......yeah. I can't name alot of anime that has bad CGI other than the new Sailor Moon anime, but for movies, its now "pay this much money to watch our CGI", last movie I saw was Godzilla, but that was because I grew up with Godzilla.

Didn't mean to go for a little rant there.@_@ I just really, REALLY hate pointless flashbacks.

Tsundere. I'm sick of them. I'm sick of them showing up in everything I watch. They should all die.

Die Die die DIEDIEdidididDIEIDEIDIEIDIEIDEI!!!!111!1!!!!!eleventyone1!!!1

I do enjoy Yandere though, mostly because it isn't as overused. Something about a girl who could be kind and loving one moment and murderously violent the next...aaaaaaah...

Well I like one piece naruto series bleach attack on titan space dandy soul heart hellsing bobo and sao I don't think I hate any unless poor story or graphics

well, there's a contradiction :D, and use some commas, it's confusing to read a list without commas.

I hate repeating plot, pretty much the reason why I find Fairy Tale so boring. Sorry to all Fairy Tale fans but i always feel like most of the arcs go like, Natsu and company get beat up by bad guys, Natsu and companany all go one on one against bad guys and beat everyone but the boss, the boss beats everyone but Natsu, Natsu gets some random power up he will never use again and beats the boss and the cycle repeats in the next arc. I know its probably just me but this is why i started to dislike Katekyo Hitman Reborn and Fairy Tale.

hitman reborn and some others are also really bad when people they beat and join them... mostly become irrelevant soon after. An example of an anime that actually does it right: Yu Yu Hakusho. Hiei, Kurama, and even Kuwabara aren't left in the main character's dust until around the very end of the whole thing.

Honestly IMO most of those contradicted that but hey opinions

True I suppose, but Naruto does standout the most what with the length of the serie and all.