A True Baller more powerful than Gyarados

Magus

so....basically no healing move? well, maybe you think Cosmic power and defense boost from Scolipede is enough. But i use Clefable alone, no baton passer, so it is screwed most of the times with gym leaders. But hey, if we got a BPer, anyone can be good, not only Clefable. And maybe you can say this will be more exactly: "Scolipede and Clefable ARE better than Gyarados alone". Yeah, i think the Destroyer can accept this -___-

You don't need Scolipede tho he is icing on the cake. Clefable can pull sweeps W/O a BPer, due to good bulk, and cosmic power. Not to mention you can use items to heal, and I'm still working on a more solid moveset for the early game. I've done enough testing though otherwise I wouldn't have made the topic. Once calm mind is in, there will be no need for scolipede. The cake will be too damn good and icing won't be needed.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bitch, I see your Clefairy and show you FEARow.

Sniper+Attack EVs for most of Early game+Physical Bird=Motherfuckers DIE.

I see your FEARow, advance toward me my brethren (come at me bro) my body is ready. (Also I kind of want to test this out too)

Has anyone actually tried out Noel's swellow setup

because that is pretty powerfull to.

Actually I have, Adamant Guts Swellow with brave bird, facade, roost, and quick attack hits pretty damm hard but its a pain to get t statused and took me like 6 hours to breed because I screwed up the breeding order. Kind of hard to use but pretty strong when the conditions are right, ironically I swept Noel with it though I had to use some X items but hey it was like 7 levels below his cut it some slack.

well, even Calm Mind is IN the game, so without Scolipede you need another moveslot for healing (because not have defense boost and too slow to OHKO first). So you got only 2 more slots left, but basically with your strategy, it will be Moonblast and Stored Power. Well, i think it can work well. But i don't think there will be lots of gym leaders can be swept with this idea... Without the boost from physical defense, with the mediocre stats (only 95/ 73/ 90 defense stats), almost any Attacker can 2HKO Clefable (especially with field effect boost). And Clefable is just bulky enough to avoid OHKO, but 2HKO will not be a problem at all. So....good luck :/

Yea Clefable is a good pokemon and I agree it is very strong but I would not go as far as to call it Gyrados tier here are a few reasons

1) You mention a need for Scoliopede until Calm Mind returns in your post, and you implied that the Scoliopede move set preferred is Protect, Iron Defense, Baton Pass. This leaves very little room for an attacking move, you either use Megahorn which can be risky or Poison Tail which has a a low base power. This lack of coverage also makes more difficult to raise Scoliopede as there are less enemies you can use it against. Well I guess that what exp share is for but you get the point.

2) Clefable takes MUCH more time to set up than Gyrados, Gyrados sets up a d dance or two and goes on a rampage while Clefable requires support from Scoliopede and time to set up before t can sweep with Stored Power.

3) Availability, Gyrados was available right at start of the game for little effort while with Clefable if you get Cleffa you have to bay sit Cleffa until it gets enough happiness, train Clefairy until it learns stored Power, and find a moon stone to evolve it. Much harder than buying a derpy goldfish.

Overall I think Clefable is a good pokemon but i don't think its Gyrados tier and that's probably a good thing if it was as good as Gyrados Ame would drop an Ax on it and no more Clefable.

well, even Calm Mind is IN the game, so without Scolipede you need another moveslot for healing (because not have defense boost and too slow to OHKO first). So you got only 2 more slots left, but basically with your strategy, it will be Moonblast and Stored Power. Well, i think it can work well. But i don't think there will be lots of gym leaders can be swept with this idea... Without the boost from physical defense, with the mediocre stats (only 95/ 73/ 90 defense stats), almost any Attacker can 2HKO Clefable (especially with field effect boost). And Clefable is just bulky enough to avoid OHKO, but 2HKO will not be a problem at all. So....good luck :/

Your Jammies are still rustled, shit, let it go, I've defended this on every point and I'm done trying to explain how this works, why it works and that it something fun to pull off. I've like having fun with this game, sweeping through the game is an empty win, like using Zamato on Penance or Nemesis,unsatisfying, unfulfilling, and if you sill want to go on with I got three words for you

dvZzy.gif

Your Jammies are still rustled, shit, let it go, I've defended this on every point and I'm done trying to explain how this works, why it works and that it something fun to pull off. I've like having fun with this game, sweeping through the game is an empty win, like using Zamato on Penance or Nemesis,unsatisfying, unfulfilling, and if you sill want to go on with I got three words for you

dvZzy.gif

Man not to rub it in but if you create a topic like this (with a title like that) expect some (heavy) critic

Edited by Gaunt

dvZzy.gif

well, i don't think i got any problem and will NOT comment on this topic IF you start with: "another useable pokemon" or "just not cuteness thing in Reborn". But you compare it to THE Gyarados. You start it first. And even if you don't like, when you start a public- topic and compare 2 different pokemons, you MUST accept that not all people agree with you and they can say whatever they think. In this case you are alone. No-one ever agree that Clefable is as power as Gyarados (even you said it right here). So maybe that "3 words" will be more suit you than me bro

well, i don't think i got any problem and will NOT comment on this topic IF you start with: "another useable pokemon" or "just not cuteness thing in Reborn". But you compare it to THE Gyarados. You start it first. And even if you don't like, when you start a public- topic and compare 2 different pokemons, you MUST accept that not all people agree with you and they can say whatever they think. In this case you are alone. No-one ever agree that Clefable is as power as Gyarados (even you said it right here). So maybe that "3 words" will be more suit you than me bro

That "The Gyarados" that's why I hate those people even the almighty Metagross is not that almighty. So calm down.

I don't care if you insult Metagross or any other of my favorites. IS JUST A POKEMON. Some digits. And yes I'm a big Pokemon Fan but I know my priorities

And yes I find the Clefable combo must interest that that fish

One last thing. Water type is one of my favorite types and I hate Fairy type

Edited by Qaaz

A powerful early game for me comes in the form of Arbok. Learning crunch, stockpile, glare, AND acid spray at early levels makes it a very powerful addition to a lot of teams, and with intimidate, it can easily deal with threats such as Florinia's Cradily, spamming acid spray behind a +3 stockpile.

Man not to rub it in but if you create a topic like this (with a title like that) expect some (heavy) critic

I knew I was going to get heavy criticism when I started this because I know how unpopular Clefable is and how popular gyarados is, but I was trying to give you guys a different perspective on power. It was more of of, "hey I found something that has more potential, it can be more powerful than gyarados", I was trying to give people a more fun way of playing Reborn because of how boring it can get when just use the easy button. Looking at the topic and seeing some other suggestions has made me want to go out and try to test some of these mons in the game. I used gyarados as comparison, not to piss people off, but to try to get more people to put there input in what they use. If I had use something less popular as a comparison, I wouldn't have gotten as good as feedback. I mean hell not once would I try a Feerow, but in my upcoming playthrough, I will most definitely will try it along with some other mons.

boo_this_man_half_baked.gif

Gyarados is definitely the best of the best blowing its competition out of the water (no pun intended). I only used it on the Taka and Zel fight as well as a very early Aqua Boss fight. I don't see how the best pokemon for like 2/3rds of the game can be overrated.

I can see your point. But the only downside in using Gyarados was that he made the game far too easy. He only really has problems with electric-types, and the only time you'll see them is against Julia, which by being the first gym is considered a piece of cake by Reborn standards, and Sigmund, which is an optional battle. The fact that he evolves early on and has both DD and Moxie meant that he was pretty much a free sweep for anyone with a few money to spare.

Edited by Sarun

Thank you magus for sharing your addition for another great pokeset

uhum...about gyarados/magikarp, I don't deny he is great but get way he was implemented

first as a joke but then also as a good poke for the whole yourney but because in later episodes

more pokes got added we had more setups and strategies so gyarados was 'BOXED' because he was

usefull for the whole yourney and that isn't fun now is it, now we can try different setups and keep training

different pokes for each gym leader to beat them.

Thank you magus for sharing your addition for another great pokeset

uhum...about gyarados/magikarp, I don't deny he is great but get way he was implemented

first as a joke but then also as a good poke for the whole yourney but because in later episodes

more pokes got added we had more setups and strategies so gyarados was 'BOXED' because he was

usefull for the whole yourney and that isn't fun now is it, now we can try different setups and keep training

different pokes for each gym leader to beat them.

"Boxed" and "Gyarados" should never be in the same sentence imo and yes now we have many strategies to use but i'll continue with my team of 6+2 (reserves), usually i train new Pokemon only after endgame.

And I'll get back to Reborn and continue doing what I do best, developing strategies, and giving some over looked mons their moment of fame. Also note to self, don't use Gyarados as a comparison in the future.

And I'll get back to Reborn and continue doing what I do best, developing strategies, and giving some over looked mons their moment of fame. Also note to self, don't use Gyarados as a comparison in the future.

Considering that Gyarados was practically an instant sweep for most of the story-line battles, available prior to the first gym, and still evolved very early, I honestly doubt that we'll ever see something like the god carp in Reborn ever again.

Considering that Gyarados was practically an instant sweep for most of the story-line battles, available prior to the first gym, and still evolved very early, I honestly doubt that we'll ever see something like the god carp in Reborn ever again.

*cough*staraptor*cough* and although it is available in b4 3rd gym (corey) still consider its moveset and stats, set up.Sweep to any suckers. Edit forgot it only available in ep.10 and below.

Edited by OmegaRa1der

"Boxed" and "Gyarados" should never be in the same sentence imo and yes now we have many strategies to use but i'll continue with my team of 6+2 (reserves), usually i train new Pokemon only after endgame.

Idek, I've never managed to keep Gyarados on a team past Shade... there are just so many more interesting Pokemon for me to use...