Reborn/Rejuvenation EXTREME Version

36 minutes ago, DreamblitzX said:

If its that rough without items, honestly maybe it's ok to have them. At most points in the game, the best healing item you have common access to is usually less than a full heal, which will be even more so with higher base HP stats. If you also wanted to push back the points where a new tier of healing becomes buyable a bit, that could work? and/or with the price increase, though you'd maybe also have to check the money rewards of grindable trainers so thats not too easy to farm if you're using price as a restriction

I didnt even think about the higher base HP stuff, ultra potions wont even be that good late game :o and i think im gonna keep the item limiter thing, some people might use it for the challenge, and its not really hurting anything by being there soooo :P

So after a lot of thought, I've decided that im probably going to hold off on releasing this until AFTER e17.
This is due to a few reasons:
1. The release of e17 is seemingly not too far off, I feel like if i release this anytime close to the release im inevitably gonna get completely overshadowed.
2. Theres honestly so many bugs that i've either created by messing around in the script or just ones i dont know how to fix that its probably worth to just wait for a "fresh" script.
3. People probably wont even have enough time to finish a playthrough of this before e17 comes out, including myself. If that happens I'll probably lose interest in my own run, and probably the mod itself.
4. I feel like i could get a lot more people interested in this if I release right at the beginning of the downtime for e18.
5. I have some great ideas for the desert, ones that I kinda want to wait for before i release this.
6. I also heard that Insurgence 1.2 is close to release. Basically the next few months just doesnt seem very ideal for me to release lol
So yea. I might release a randomized version on this thread for people to mess around with but dont count on the actual mod releasing until after e17 :P 

Edited by whomst'd've'n't

• Global Mods

Well, that's a while to wait, but sounds like a pretty decent plan. Hopefully you don't have to redo too much for E17.

early randomizer version sounds fun for just experimenting with all of the pokemon tweaks.

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, whomst'd've'n't said:

Seeing as Insurgence 1.2 is set to release within the next 26 hours, im gonna be taking a break from this until I've done my playthrough and such :P

Of Course.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished Insurgence and I'll be picking this back up soon. Unfortunately I don't think im going to release a randomized version before e17. Seeing as e17 is 80% done, I don't really have much time to prepare. So basically from now until e17 releases im going to be working on getting ready to update everything, which is probably gonna take a while. My goal is to be able to fully update everything within the first few days of e17 being out, so hopefully i can pull that off.

Thanks! Everything is going well so far, basically what im doing right now is going through every single map that i've done something on and making copies of them, then deciding what im going to keep in e17 and what im going to scrap/re-do. Going back through the maps made me realize that I kinda half-assed a few events and I don't feel too good about them being in. When I made most of these events i was kind of in a rough state of mind which kinda caused some to not be as good as i can make them be. Fortunately i'm past all of that and I feel that i can make them better.

Also it makes me really happy to see that people are excited and interested for this, it gives me a lot of motivation and a huge boost in momentum :)

• Upvote 1

• Global Mods

So with this coming out with E17, how are people planning on working their playthroughs?

I think I'll immediately play through the new content on my existing save from E15/16, then when this comes out I'll do a full run of this.

Sooooo basically, theres a hurricane headed for the east coast, and people are hyping it up to be a really really bad one. If worst comes to worst, I won't have a house for a month or two... let alone a computer to work on. 

Apparently its supposed to be a category 4-5 by the time it gets here :l

• Global Mods
9 hours ago, whomst'd've'n't said:

Sooooo basically, theres a hurricane headed for the east coast, and people are hyping it up to be a really really bad one. If worst comes to worst, I won't have a house for a month or two... let alone a computer to work on. 

Apparently its supposed to be a category 4-5 by the time it gets here :l

Well damn, hopefully you and your house are ok after it hits. Guess online backups will be more important than ever

21 hours ago, DreamblitzX said:

Guess online backups will be more important than ever

Way ahead of ya, I actually uploaded everything as soon as i found out there was even potential for this hurricane to hit us, and im even bringing my hard drive with me just in case :P

Also bringing a few things with me on a small laptop so i can work on it while im gone

• Global Mods
32 minutes ago, whomst'd've'n't said:

So an update, the hurricane took a turn to the left so we arent even in its path anymore, we might get some flooding since theres gonna be a ton of rain but everything is fine now and im working on this once again.

That's great to hear! (apart from the flooding potential)

Going back through the trainers file and making the game harder and the trainers significantly smarter... When I played through Insurgence i noticed that pretty much every trainer other than gym leaders and bosses just kinda had randomly generated movesets on their pokes, and it made the game incredibly easy and kind of disappointing... Even on Hard mode, one trainer in victory road used gyro ball on me, with a Magnezone. So yeah, im probably gonna buff the AI of some stronger trainers (like anyone from team meteor and ace trainers) and give every single trainer an actual team with predesignated moves. It's gonna take f o r e v e r but it's definitely going to be worth it in the end... Unless you were expecting this mod to be easy haha.

For example: right now im editing meteor grunts in Yureyu HQ, (where you do double battles with Cain) and the first duo of grunts now have a full blown doubles sand team :] 
This area is around lv45ish, and this is actually around where I've started giving every trainer EV's on their pokemon (I started doing that at lv40 iirc). Once you get to this point some of your own pokes will likely be somewhat naturally EV trained (if not manually) and this is when random trainers are gonna start feeling like vanilla Reborn gym leaders, this is where the real difficulty of this mod is going to kick in. Obviously im not gonna just gonna straight up start giving trainers above lv40 Smogon sets and EV spreads or something, what I've been doing is giving them EV's in 2 different stats but starting with 24 EV's in both, and every 5 levels i bump it up by another 24 in both, every 10 levels I start giving them 32 EV's in 2 different stats, every 20 I give 48 in 2 different stats, and finally at lv80 every single battle you have will consist of fully EV trained competitive mons.
So:
lv40 = 48 EV's
lv45 = 96 EV's
lv50 = 160 EV's
lv55 = 208 EV's
lv60 = 304 EV's
lv65 = 352 EV's
lv70 = 416 EV's
lv75 = 464 EV's
lv80 = Fully EV trained
oh my lord im so bad at math that legit took me like 20 mins, i need to go back to school or something.

As for Gym Leaders/Rivals/Etc., they are a bit special and will start getting EV's much earlier to give them a bit of a boost in difficulty, (They are "Boss fights" after all.) although early game - lv20-40 - most only get some EV's in HP and defenses just to make them tank more hits. When i did some play tests I actually found it really fun this way... It almost feels like a fight from the Pokemon Anime, where Ash's Pikachu can iron tail a Rampardos 8 million times before it actually faints.
At around the 6th gym (Noel I think?) is when Leaders will have fully EV trained pokes, at this point they wont all be optimal EV spreads for the sake of keeping the game possible, but around the 9th-10th gym is when they will be fully decked out.
Rivals and Boss fights will be fully EV trained after your 7th-8th badge, and then fully optimized after Agate Circus.
Obviously everything I've written above is still subject to change, my only playtest so far only went up to Kiki and I've decided not to do another until the entire game is done, this way I can make changes throughout my playtest and not just through development, this is just to speed up the process... Not gonna lie I kinda just made up the entire trainer EV spreads thing on the spot, the idea randomly came to me while writing this post so I decided to write it down, and figured I might as well share it since I wrote it down here :P
Also another note, after Aya random trainers will start using held items regularly, just not really good ones.

I wasn't originally going to write an essay on EV spreads because I have more stuff to share, but I got bored and I have a lot of time to kill, so enjoy the long post lol.

Another thing I'm thinking of adding is more held items, but nothing too crazy though. For example maybe a physical version of an Assault Vest, or maybe an attack/spatk version of an Eviolite.
Maybe even some changes to current held items, like the terrain seeds. Instead of them only boosting defenses, maybe I can make them something like:
Electric Seed = +1 Attack
Grassy Seed = +1 Defense
Psychic Seed = +1 Special Attack
Misty Seed = +1 Special Defense
Actually I think e17 did something with the seeds so I guess we'll wait and see, but yea.
This would help me make some semi-end game teams have much more variety (lv65+ish). Obviously it would need a terrain setter, but I may or may not have given some mons the terrain setting abilities. *cough* grassy surge florges *cough*

But yeah thats pretty much what I've been up to/been doing. At this point I'm pretty much re-doing the entire mod, after I finish the trainers I'm going through the Pokemon one more time to fix movesets to have setup moves at levels that aren't ridiculous. And then once e17 drops I'm basically gonna redo almost all my events for two reasons, one being that I'm scared that just copying my maps to the new version will screw with new events and variables and stuff, and the other being that most of my events are just... Really lazy, and I'm not exactly happy with them. For example... My event for Volcanion is literally just getting to the end of the Cave of Steam and feeding the thing Pokesnax. And that's no fun, I wan't to add my own sadistic side quests for something big like that, so It's all going to be redone soon enough.

Anyways... I'm gonna say that the mods progress has probably dropped down to like... 25-30% completion. I feel kinda bad because my original goal for this mod was to release before e17, and I feel like I may have hyped some people up for no reason... But I think it's what will be best for the end result of this project, for the past week or so I've had no motivation to work on it because I was just so unhappy with how things were turning out and I didn't really know what to do anymore, the perfectionist in me was kinda screwing me over here... But I guess that's not exactly a bad thing, in the end I think the mod is going to be 100x better than what it was originally going to be. Also, from now on I'm taking very detailed notes for myself so I know what needs to be done and what has been finished, that was one of my really big faults when I started this mod, I pretty much just jumped in and started changing/adding shit without even taking note of it, including things in the script which was a TERRIBLE mistake, because I ended up breaking things and not knowing how to fix it... I wasn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed when I started this, (im still not lol) but I've definitely learned a lot from my mistakes :)

Annnnd that pretty much wraps up everything I had to say, don't be shy to give me feedback and stuff, I'm always open to constructive criticism.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, whomst'd've'n't said:

Going back through the trainers file and making the game harder and the trainers significantly smarter... When I played through Insurgence i noticed that pretty much every trainer other than gym leaders and bosses just kinda had randomly generated movesets on their pokes, and it made the game incredibly easy and kind of disappointing... Even on Hard mode, one trainer in victory road used gyro ball on me, with a Magnezone. So yeah, im probably gonna buff the AI of some stronger trainers (like anyone from team meteor and ace trainers) and give every single trainer an actual team with predesignated moves. It's gonna take f o r e v e r but it's definitely going to be worth it in the end... Unless you were expecting this mod to be easy haha.

I've noticed this as well, in Insurgence.  I've had about 4 trainers use Aipom and it's evolution, and all keep using Nasty Plot then trying to Fling (with no items); then there's the desert trainer with Lucario that used three different non-damaging moves against me before I fainted it; there was even a Ludicolo with Growl in the Abysmal base.......  Wonder what I'll find in the second half of the game.

• Global Mods

Sounds like a lot of work, but I'm sure you can manage it! My 2 cents would be to not make the basic trainers too hard, because you have to fight rather a lot of them through the game, and if all of them are tough fights, it makes any sort of progression a slow slog, which can stop battling from being fun. Also bosses could start to lose their point of difference a bit, but that seems unlikely.

also here's the old post on E17 for the seeds, which doesn't go into specifics but gives a good idea on what sort of things they'll do.

20 hours ago, DreamblitzX said:

My 2 cents would be to not make the basic trainers too hard, because you have to fight rather a lot of them through the game, and if all of them are tough fights, it makes any sort of progression a slow slog, which can stop battling from being fun. Also bosses could start to lose their point of difference a bit, but that seems unlikely

Trainers are going to be pretty hard past around the middle of the game, but their battles shouldn't take long at all. I'm only giving them 3-4 pokes on average to make sure the game doesn't become too slow and annoying.
Also, while I did buff every Pokemon and make everything "broken", there's of course still going to be some that are just a cut above the rest; it's inevitable. Bosses are usually going to be the ones who get these Pokemon to make sure they are still more of a challenge than a normal trainer, and they will almost always have a full party with them and use unique/theme teams unlike most normal trainers. Hopefully this makes them harder than normal trainers, but if it ends up not being too different then what I might do is give them "unobtainable" Pokemon, whom will have higher stats than normal. (Kind of like the final Lusamine battle in Sun/Moon, except it will actually just be a new "form" that just has higher base stats.)
For example, lets say my Lycanroc has 90/80/80 bulk, which is what its normal bulk is in this mod.
But lets say I need to make boss harder and they have a Lycanroc, what I'll do is give it a new unobtainable form that uses the same sprite, but actually has 110/95/95 bulk and +10 attack or something for the added difficulty.
Commander actually did this in Hardcore, Luna's Umbreon and Samsons Throh being two good examples. I didn't even know they were different until Commander mentioned it, but it definitely made those underwhelming battles a lot less underwhelming.

7 hours ago, whomst'd've'n't said:

Commander actually did this in Hardcore, Luna's Umbreon and Samsons Throh being two good examples. I didn't even know they were different until Commander mentioned it, but it definitely made those underwhelming battles a lot less underwhelming.

How I do stat inflation is hard to explain but I determine the damage level beforehand trying to not go over the 500 BST cap I set. Sometimes I even lower the offensive stat it isn't using so that I have more BST to play with. I would've probably gotten away with it if I didn't mention it as it's not made to make mons OP, but balance the team out more (ie keep the feeling of the early game leaders). Adrienn is the only leader I gave a lot of stat inflation to because Xe needed it that badly with the doubled edged field.

On 9/14/2017 at 9:18 PM, Commander said:

Sometimes I even lower the offensive stat it isn't using so that I have more BST to play with.

I did this with some of the megas actually, like Glalie, Beedrill, and Metagross.
...I made Metagross really... Gross.
I purposely made the Megas extremely OP atm mostly because they arent available and they are exclusively used by bosses/leaders, but once they do start becoming available im definitely gonna have to tone them down lol.

Serperior- 

Grass/Dragon.

(Draco Meteor now can be taught.)

90/90/100/110/90/140

Ability: Intimidate

Hidden Ability: Contrary

Garbodor-

Poison

100/95/105/90/110/75

Abilities: Poison Touch/Poison Point

HA: Merciless

Silvally-

Normal

110/110/110/110/110/110

Ability: RKS System

HA: Multitype

Luxray-

Electric/Dark

80/135/95/100/90/120

Ability: Guts/Static

HA: Tough Claws

(Can now learn Volt Tackle)

Bewear-

Fighting/Fairy

150/130/80/10/110/60

Ability: Fluffy/Fur Coat

HA: Huge Power

(Can now learn Play Rough)

Golisopod-

Water/Bug

85/140/150/60/90/90

Ability: Tough Claws/Drizzle

HA: Adaptability

On 9/24/2017 at 4:36 AM, Sceptilespy said:

Serperior- 

Grass/Dragon.

(Draco Meteor now can be taught.)

90/90/100/110/90/140

Ability: Intimidate

Hidden Ability: Contrary

I've already finished all the pokes, but this serperior is very similar to the one i've already edited :P

• 2 weeks later...

Guess i should give some updates eh?
Pretty much doing the same thing i said i was doing in my last update... re-doing everything :P It's going pretty well, at this point I'm kinda just slowly editing trainers as I wait for e17's release.
Things have been going a bit slow due to irl things, but luckily things will be back to normal within a week or two so ill definitely have a ton of time to spare after e17's release.
Also it should be noted that i'm actually going to play e17 before i finish the mod, I'd rather play the game and not spoil myself in rpg maker lol.

• Global Mods

Fair enough. looks like the release is roughly estimated to be right around when my exams are starting so I'll have to wait a week or two extra to dive into E17 content. before then I also want to try and use the shared box mod to try and sort of conglomerate my team from my regular reborn save and my reborn hardcore save into one place. I think I've sidequested a bit more thoroughly on Hardcore, so I guess I'll be weirdly moving my normal reborn pokemon to my hardcore save and then moving my hardcore save over to normal reborn and hoping nothing breaks XD. THEN I'll have a save for this, but that can stay separate.   

Any changes to the mod compatibility plans with the E17 release? (I'm still hoping my playthrough of this can be with the custom music pack because I haven't really been able to try it yet)