Spork Episode 8: Smoothie + Delicia's Delicious Dreamland

Ice Cream Sand Witch

• Global Mods
7 hours ago, GalacticMarshmallow said:

Decided to start a new game, and Shroomish learns Tackle instead of Giga Drain at Level 26 for some reason?

Fixed. If you send me your save file, I can give Giga Drain to your Shroomish. 

Re-uploaded episode 2 just now with the following bugs fixed:

-Shroomish now learns Giga Drain instead of Tackle at level 26

-The trainer in the Court House with the Lunatone and Solrock no longer battles you again when spoken to after being defeated

-The berries in Classic Park no longer stay there after picking them

-Fixed a typo in Lime's speech where she said "Your sis passed through her earlier" instead of "Your sis passed through here earlier"

-The dentist's Pokemon now come out in Heal Balls instead of default Poke Balls (forgot to do this when I was putting in the battle)

I found a bug:

Spiky Shield does not protect you properly. (Becomes Mist) A Chesnaught has used it, and I beat him equally with the Psyshock of my Meowstic. (But I found this in the first version of Episode 2. I don´t know if with the Re-uploaded this fixed.)

Edited by Sr.F

• Global Mods
43 minutes ago, Sr.F said:

I found a bug:

Spiky Shield does not protect you properly. (Becomes Mist) A Chesnaught has used it, and I beat him equally with the Psyshock of my Meowstic. (But I found this in the first version of Episode 2. I don´t know if with the Re-uploaded this fixed.)

Oh, I was told about this bug the day before yesterday, but forgot x . x I'll fix it now. I'm currently working on replacing the default Essentials map with the Ceolis region map, so I'll re-upload with the Spiky Shield issue fixed when I'm finished with that. 

37 minutes ago, Elios said:

Remember to update the screenshots section and that stuff ;)

Updated the screenshots to episode 2. 

• Upvote 1

• Global Mods
1 minute ago, thedeath245 said:

I came here expecting the patch to be named Lunch or Brunch, disappointed.. but still downloading the game

It was originally going to be called Lunch, but since I changed the episode structure I also changed the names of episodes since I couldn't think of seven meal names. 

• Upvote 1

• Global Mods

I thought the old way of putting the re-upload number in parentheses after the episode number looked awkward, so now any updates will be in parentheses after the thread title instead. 

Episode 2 now has the Ceolis region map instead of the default Essentials map. This will be updated with each episode. There's actually more than one part of the Ceolis region, and you'll visit the next part (which will have its own map) at the end of episode 3. Additionally, in the party screen next to the Pokemon's info, the ball graphic displayed is the one you caught the Pokemon in. The script for this was made by Lucidious89 on Pokecommunity. Here's what it looks like:

a2f4130932a2474db04fd5ce69820e13.png

BUG FIXES

-Spiky Shield no longer has the effect of Mist

-Can no longer walk through the outside of the dentist's office building

-When interacting with one of the trees in Opaque Valley where a Trevenant appears, the cry that plays before battle is now Trevenant's instead of Rotom's

OTHER ADDITIONS

-Added the Aerodactylite to Classic Park. This is where it was intended to go, but I forgot to place it there originally.

-Added the Cacnea/Maractus/Ferroseed event choice to the obtainability list, which I also forgot to do originally

-The PC in the Contest Hall can now be used

-Added the moves Burn Up and Tearful Look

-Added the ability Slush Rush

-Added the items Big Malasada and Ice Stone. Eevee now evolves into Glaceon through Ice Stone instead of Dawn Stone (the obtainability list has been updated with this information).

-Super Potion now heals 60 HP and Hyper Potion now heals 120 HP

There will be another ep 2 update in the future when the non-binary player is finished, which is currently being worked on by Palletite. That update will be the last one for ep 2, barring proper functionality of Pokemon Contests and/or addition of more Gen 7 content. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/11/2016 at 4:09 AM, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

It was originally going to be called Lunch, but since I changed the episode structure I also changed the names of episodes since I couldn't think of seven meal names. 

You can go toriko style:

• Hors d'Oeuvre (前菜 Zensai)
  • Soup (スープ Sūpu)
  • Fish Dish (魚料理 Gyo Ryōri)
  • Meat Dish (肉料理 Niku Ryōri)
  • Main Course (主菜 Shusai, Entrée in the English manga)
  • Salad (サラダ Sarada)
  • Dessert (デザート Dezāto)
  • Drink (ドリンク Dorinku)

But its not a meal, but a dish in a main coursse, and it would have to be 8 episodes xD

• Upvote 1

Very excited about the map, :D I've been curious how this region looks for a while now :)

In terms of names for episodes, I suppose it depends on what you classify as meals, but 7 I thought of include: Breakfast, Morning Tea/Brunch, Lunch, Afternoon Tea, Supper/Dinner, Dessert, Midnight Snack 

2 more bugs I thought you might want to be aware of before updating the episode for the last time:

- Scolipede either doesn't have the ability Speed Boost, or the Ability Capsules aren't working right (I used 6 on mine at one point and it just bounced back and forth between Poison Point and Swarm)

- Fletchinder has the ability Big Pecks instead of Gale Wings or Flame Body and Ability Capsules won't work on it

Edited by GalacticMarshmallow
  • Upvote 1

• Global Mods
30 minutes ago, DemICE said:

You can go toriko style:

• Hors d'Oeuvre (前菜 Zensai)
  • Soup (スープ Sūpu)
  • Fish Dish (魚料理 Gyo Ryōri)
  • Meat Dish (肉料理 Niku Ryōri)
  • Main Course (主菜 Shusai, Entrée in the English manga)
  • Salad (サラダ Sarada)
  • Dessert (デザート Dezāto)
  • Drink (ドリンク Dorinku)

But its not a meal, but a dish in a main coursse, and it would have to be 8 episodes xD

Doing this, I'd be able to have Dessert as an episode name again . o . I've considered using Dessert for episode 7.

5 minutes ago, GalacticMarshmallow said:

Very excited about the map, :D I've been curious how this region looks for a while now :)

In terms of names for episodes, I suppose it depends on what you classify as meals, but 7 I thought of include: Breakfast, Morning Tea/Brunch, Lunch, Afternoon Tea, Supper/Dinner, Dessert, Midnight Snack 

2 more bugs I thought you might want to be aware of before updating the episode for the last time:

- Scolipede either doesn't have the ability Speed Boost, or the Ability Capsules aren't working right (I used 6 on mine at one point and it just bounced back and forth between Poison Point and Swarm)

- Fletchinder has the ability Big Pecks instead of Gale Wings or Flame Body and Ability Capsules won't work on it

Thanks for letting me know about these, they have been fixed for the next update. I can give those abilities to your Scolipede and Fletchinder if you PM me your save file. Also, I never thought of Midnight Snack before, but that's a good idea too . o . 

• Global Mods
2 hours ago, collegehumor said:

Super excited to restart this. Noticed so far though that Torracat and Litten aren't able to learn TM's

Fixed this for the next update; I had forgotten to add TM data for the Gen 7 starter families. 

47 minutes ago, TheMoltenGuy said:

Congratulations for winning best fangame and Forum MVP ICSW! Haven't seen this game before so I'm downloading it right now and looking forward to playing it!

Thanks! I'm really happy about the awards! :D 

34 minutes ago, DreamblitzX said:

What about the Hobbit day of meals?

Breakfast

Second Breakfast

Elevenses

Lunch

Afternoon Tea

Dinner

Supper/Dessert

It's neat how those match up with the number of episodes . o . 

• Global Mods
14 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

It's neat how those match up with the number of episodes . o . 

Yea I noticed that when I thought of it and so decided to post it =).

Sidenote: any idea why this is taking like, 4 hours to download? reborn E16 public release (slightly bigger) took like 10-20 mins at most earlier today.

• Global Mods
7 hours ago, DreamblitzX said:

Yea I noticed that when I thought of it and so decided to post it =).

Sidenote: any idea why this is taking like, 4 hours to download? reborn E16 public release (slightly bigger) took like 10-20 mins at most earlier today.

It's never taken more than ~5 minutes for me. o . o

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, aGoodCabinet2 said:

So....how's that episode 3 going?

I haven't started on episode 3 yet. Episode 2 was released 10 days ago, and I've been working on bug fixing and polishing for it up to yesterday when I re-uploaded it (+some bug fixing afterwards for the next ep 2 update). There'll be one* more update for ep 2 which will add the non-binary player, but I'm also going to start working on episode 3 while Palletite is working on non-binary sprites, so when that ep 2 update comes out I'll have made some progress with ep 3. (later today is when I'll start mapping for ep 3) 

*one more unless I'm able to implement more of Gen 7 or get Pokemon Contests to work

Also, while I'm happy that people are waiting for the next version, I'd prefer if people not ask questions about when the next episode will come out. It makes me uncomfortable because I feel like I'm being rushed (especially since episode 2 was literally just released). I'll do periodic announcements showcasing things in ep 3 along with mentioning how far I am when those announcements are made. 

• Upvote 1