Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon

BBD

Just wanna know what everyone in this community think about this new

I'm a fan of mystery dungeon since Gate to Infinity release in japan then I play the PMD2 rom later(dont hate me because of this)and I love it,well everyone love it

I want to expect more in this game cause Gate to Infinity isn't that good compare to earlier game,hope this game good and bring back those feeling and great story

and mystery dungeon is my favorite spin off if you want to know

expect that I can be a Chespin in this game(obviously)

Edited by BBD
  • Upvote 2

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, a new mystery dungeon game is good. Never played the infinity one(since I don't own a 3ds), but if it's anything like the first two games, then that's cool.

Wish it were something like another Colosseum/XD styled game though, but hey this is something to be excited for too. :v

Well, a new mystery dungeon game is good. Never played the infinity one(since I don't own a 3ds), but if it's anything like the first two games, then that's cool.

Wish it were something like another Colosseum/XD styled game though, but hey this is something to be excited for too. :v

Short answer: It's not. Infinity was such a let down, everything I liked about the second one basically disappeared here in favor of gen 5 pokemon, the 3D, and the paradise system (which is more frustrating than useful). I really hope this game follows the PMD TDS format instead of GtI.

• Upvote 1

Personally, I want Nintendo to ditch the entire idea of 3D models because they'll make the cartridge a tad cramped for space with 721 Pokemon PLUS alternate forms, all of which need animations for their moves, motions, and standing sprites. Not to mention the spiretes for Sleep, Paralysis, Flinching, ect. Just revert to the harmony we had with EoS. That was fun. The whole point of Pokemon is not to be limited in what you can use and allow you to play with whatever you like. GtI did not have this. There was an extremely limited amount of Pokemon, and while Conquest may also suffer from something somewhat similar, with Conquest it makes sense. In Conquest, every Pokemon has one or more warriors who can perfect link with it. With all the Pokemon, this would make it near impossible to locate your Perfect Links and better your warriors. Also you'd never be able to find the same warrior (outside of Warlords) ever again thanks to a surplus of Warriors to link with all those Pokemon. With GtI, the Pokemon numbers were limitied just to let Nintendo test the 3DS's capabilities. Come on Nintendo. 721 or RIOT.

• Upvote 4

Guys the name is just... off. Every mystery dungeon has had some cool title, but this one doesn't. I'm expecting it to be like pokemon shuffle where you have to wait to explore mystery dungeons and pay to get there quicker. >>

I dont care about name that much,it may represent something in game too,like they upgrade dungeon into super dungeon or something,It sound short but not a big deal

whatever,I'm the story guy,everything else come second

Edit:if this game story still good then I'll be satisfy,all PMD game have great story!

Edited by BBD

I have always loved MD series, Explorers of Sky being my favorite....but this..

At first glance, as I mentioned in the other thread, the game seems like it's going to be quite uninteresting for a MD one. I mean, SUPER Mystery Dungeon? ..That sounds like a random dungeon exploring thing without any meaningful plot..oh, and you'll team up with legendaries? Oh joy...

I'll be quite disappointed if this is the big reveal for the year without any other game :|

And hopefully they don't stick to those 3D models, I enjoy the older/current MD style way more.. I just think Pokemon isn't one of those games that should go full 3D. If the name of the game implied it has any purpose or good plot, I'd feel more optimistic about it for sure, but atm... nope. Hopefully when we get more info, it's gonna look better

I just hope it's gonna be better than Gates to Infinity.

That game sucked.

Didn't suck more than that wii game

..and this one's name really doesn't give you optimistic impressions

Edited by Masquerain

Loved the MD series, but the 3ds version was so bad lol glad i didnt buy it, if it's anything like Time, Darkness, or Sky, then I will definietly get it. I wish they'd make another Pokemon Conquest though, that shit was pretty cool too.

Didn't suck more than that wii game

..and this one's name really doesn't give you optimistic impressions

well... many GREAT GAMES are just named "Super <Name of the Series>"

best example: SUPER METROID!

that game truly is super and one of many all time favorites of many people!

and what should they explore this time? I mean... they have already been into infinity... there isn't really much that comes after infinity... they had the colors (red and blue) ... they had TIME, DARKNESS and Sky...

they have driven themselves into a corner with the names... like they did with Legendary Pokemon... I mean they have the Pokemon GOD... there isn't much they can do to top that...

btt:

I never really played the MD series... I tried to play Rescue team Red on an Emulator as a rom because I wanted to try and it looked promising... but the controls were horrible (for me) I think I got past the first 2 dungeons and then I quit because I couldn't bare with the controls...

Edited by Cepheus

• Support Squad

Ya know, I'mma play devils advocate for a second and say that GtI wasn't actually that bad when considered on its own. The main things wrong were the length, which is a moot point when considering the literally endless nature of the procedurally generated dungeons and maybe the story. Looking at it as a stand alone, it was pretty decent all in all. It kept up with the music imo and the core gameplay was as good as ever, aside from the weird little over-worlds we had to explore.

Thing is, everyone prefers the prior games and the drop in quality was too much to ignore. They took out the personality test, which was a lovely little touch that made your own mon feel personalised to you and replaced it with a really limited and straight forward choice. the 3D models were too few to have the same impact as 6th gen and cost the game the charm we loved in the pixel art and sprites and when we do actually compare the stories, GtI doesn't stand up to either of the Explorers.

So, what can super do to improve? Personality quiz for one, more starter variety, earlier team customisation has been a recurring issue in the series which PMU went ahead and solved on its own. sticking to the 2D guns would be nice, improved dungeon generation and then the main challenge will be holding up a half decent story.

well... many GREAT GAMES are just named "Super <Name of the Series>"

best example: SUPER METROID!

that game truly is super and one of many all time favorites of many people!

and what should they explore this time? I mean... they have already been into infinity... there isn't really much that comes after infinity... they had the colors (red and blue) ... they had TIME, DARKNESS and Sky...

they have driven themselves into a corner with the names... like they did with Legendary Pokemon... I mean they have the Pokemon GOD... there isn't much they can do to top that...

btt:

I never really played the MD series... I tried to play Rescue team Red on an Emulator as a rom because I wanted to try and it looked promising... but the controls were horrible (for me) I think I got past the first 2 dungeons and then I quit because I couldn't bare with the controls...

Usually games like MD have a plot-related name though..that's why SUPER doesn't do it justice...and since we're in generation 6, they can easily make a life and death plot revolving around yveltal and xerneas, or something including zygarde. They sure as hell have options . Ofc I won't rule the game out from now, just saying that the 1st impression sure doesn't leave you optimistic.

Ya know, I'mma play devils advocate for a second and say that GtI wasn't actually that bad when considered on its own. The main things wrong were the length, which is a moot point when considering the literally endless nature of the procedurally generated dungeons and maybe the story. Looking at it as a stand alone, it was pretty decent all in all. It kept up with the music imo and the core gameplay was as good as ever, aside from the weird little over-worlds we had to explore.

Thing is, everyone prefers the prior games and the drop in quality was too much to ignore. They took out the personality test, which was a lovely little touch that made your own mon feel personalised to you and replaced it with a really limited and straight forward choice. the 3D models were too few to have the same impact as 6th gen and cost the game the charm we loved in the pixel art and sprites and when we do actually compare the stories, GtI doesn't stand up to either of the Explorers.

So, what can super do to improve? Personality quiz for one, more starter variety, earlier team customisation has been a recurring issue in the series which PMU went ahead and solved on its own. sticking to the 2D guns would be nice, improved dungeon generation and then the main challenge will be holding up a half decent story.

I actually liked GTI without comparing it to previous MD games... Mainly because the plot and theme of it was relatable to me, and made me reminisce about things I've experienced, and realize other things. I don't find it that bad but certainly my least favorite of the bunch (i dont even count wii MD as a game :| )

But really, it's hard to top explorers of sky/darkness/time's plot .. I'd love to see them try though. I'd also love to see a good afterstory like in EoS . Personally I also liked the personality quiz and I'd wanna be able to start as various pokemon, as well as choose from a bigger list of partners.... all in all, for me at least, the plot is the most important thing in MD games.. I can overlook other things

It's not hard to top Explorers of the Sky at all imo. I liked the Previous games... I just found them all flawed with plenty of room to improve.

It's not hard to top Explorers of the Sky at all imo. I liked the Previous games... I just found them all flawed with plenty of room to improve.

I agree with this. You have to remember Sky added to the story of Time/Darkness which was really what fleshed out the guild characters (let's be honest here and say that Armaldo > Practically all the guild in time/darkness). Gates's story would've been much better if they actually used a framework more along Explorers. The characters were all pretty good (and Hydreigon was well done and easily surpasses Gardevoir from Rescue and ties with Grovyle in Explorers). Gameplay of Gates was terrible...just straight up terrible due to the graphics.

As for the title, I have no idea what to think. "Super" has hurt series before...especially in the RPG terms. Super Paper Mario, while not a bad game, pretty much started the demise of one of my favorite series. You have no idea how many times I've played through Paper Mario (at least 8). I won't say anything about story, but I'm sure that's going to be up to par with the others because this series would've died without it.

There is one thing I'm concerned about is the dungeon designs. Gates decided to drop the room sizes and cut them in half which made every dungeon feel the same (along with what felt like only 30 Pokemon to fight in total). Dungeons seemed to drag on more in Gates compared to the other games. Job requests really should just take a step back to a secondary system where you get items you need to take down insane bosses. Now just imagine Primal Dialga with that one ability that can let him survive many final blows like Kyurem and the Munna gang could. I have very mixed feelings for this game so I will wait to see what people say.

Seems like nobody mentioned the Adventure Squad games. Probably because nobody's heard of it. There's 3 PMD games to it, each with different dungeons and starters, but it's really short, and it's Japan-only. If the next game is longer than these and better than Gates (I do hope they bring some characters/features back, like Quagsire), I'd definitely play it. Hoping for Guildmaster Wigglytuff's return!

Reading though these posts brought up a theory... What if this game is a platformer? Or mixes elements from Rumble ie: Gauntlet/Diablo? I would play the shit out of that.

I've only played MD: Red Rescue Team and MD: Explorers of Darkness, Sky [no 3DS/Wii U :') ] and I have to say that personally I like the first MD game a lot more than the second. While the character development in Explorers is quite nice (you and your partner, you and Grovyle) the story in Mystery Dungeon is much more lovable. I just find the whole Gardevoir/Gengar plot sadly touching, and being on the run from the other rescue teams was quite the adventure.

Reading though these posts brought up a theory... What if this game is a platformer? Or mixes elements from Rumble ie: Gauntlet/Diablo? I would play the shit out of that.

...Yes, lets take the Roguelike dungeon explorer and turn it in to a PLATFORMER

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I absolutely LOVE the MD series (although I never played GTI... because of apparently how horrible it is). I hope they have realized that something like Explorers is what the fans want more.

And as for my two cents on the storyline, I really prefer Explorers over Rescue Team. Rescue Team's storyline was great - but it was so short, and once the star is destroyed, the plot sort of flattened out.

• 2 weeks later...

just watched this game trailer,look good same graphic but I think there'll be 720(no Hoopa from what I know) specie so I can be able to be super hype now

edit:*watch again*YOU CAN WEAR A BOW AND SCARF!I'M HYPE NOW FOR REAL!

Edited by BBD
  • Upvote 5