What is your favorite field effect?(Poll)

DigitalAmber

Reborn's Favorite Field Effect?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite field effect?

• Ashen Beach
    • Big Top Arena
    • Burning Field
    • Cave
    • Chess Board
    • Corrosive Field
    • Corrosive Mist Field
    • Crystal Cavern
    • Dark Crystal Cavern
    • Desert Field
    • Dragon's Den
    • Factory Field
    • Fairy Tale Field
    • Flower Garden
    • Forest Field
    • Glitch Field
    • Grassy Terrain
    • Holy Field
    • Icy Field
    • Inverse Field
    • Mirror Arena
    • Misty Terrain
    • Mountain
    • Murkwater Surface
    • New World Field
    • Psychic Terrain
    • Rainbow Field
    • Rocky Field
    • Short Circuit Field
    • Snowy Mountain
    • Starlight Arena
    • Super-Heated Field
    • Swamp Field
    • Wasteland
    • Water' Surface

Hey everyone! I have a love for field effects(except a few) and I was wondering what YOUR favorite field effect was. Feel free to state why alongside your vote if you so choose to do so. 

I have to vote for the Chess Board Field because it is a fairly neat idea and concept(especially chess moves) and it is the field of one of my favorite gym leaders. 

• Developers

I like the snow field mostly because those are my favorite kind of environments in video games. Snow gives the feeling of vastness with simplistic beauty. Other then Snow I'd probably pick fairytale's field as I love fantasys.

5 hours ago, Seal said:

Any field I can spam earthquake on is a good field.

So, definitely not Cave, then?

Personally, I prefer fields that can be manipulated without using one of the Terrain attacks or Pledges. Short-Circuit/ Factory is pretty entertaining in that regard (though perhaps a tad overused in-game at this point). I'm gonna have to say Dark Crystal, though. It's got some solid atmosphere on its own, sure, and the Field Notes for it make it seem like it's tailored toward necrozma of all things, but... it was the Gym Battle against Luna that really cemented it's spot for me. The time I beat her, the field had gone all the way through the Dark Crystal/Cave/Crystal cycle twice, before I was finally able to collapse the cavern on top of her malamar (I wasn't really able to deal with that thing otherwise once it got a Superpower or two off). If that ain't dynamic, I don't know what is!

Guest Relinquished

I hate Fairy Tale, because "Adrienn". For me, he was the toughest leader to deal with; so far.

My favorite is Grass, because it boosts one of the weakest types in the game, if not the weakest, plus it can be burnt and even helps some fire moves, such as Flamethrower... I also like Cave, because who doesn't like free "MoldBreaker-Earthquake" on flying types and levitate ability holders, lol? But Grass is my favorite, so long.

My favourite would have to be the factory field. And I'm gonna be honest, it's for no other reason than because Klinklang turns into a terrifying monster on it that takes down everyone and everything. Good lord there's nothing more satisfying than seeing your most treasured 'mon going on a rampage.
...Also, aesthetic.

Second favourite is the Glitch field, for the fun throwback to Gen I mechanics it is. I just find it thoroughly enjoyable to fight on and to be challenged to bend my mind into forgetting about some of the changes the games have gone through over the years.

It's a bit of a reverse of what it was like to grow up and watch the game mechanics change a little bit with each generation.

And it's just flat out fun to think up strategies, like how to abuse the undone stat splits or the limited type chart.