The Redemption League - Season One Finale!

DashingStorm

As you may or may not have heard, the first season of the Redemption League is coming to a close soon. How soon? Well, May 1st will be the final day of Season 1!

We had hoped to go on a little bit longer (originally June something), but due to traffic getting more quiet by the week, we thought it'd be a wise idea to stop S1 so we could prepare for S2, with new ideas, a fresh start, new brackets and a few more surprises in store for those who will be returning for S2!

What can you expect for S2?

- Completely new brackets > People will be moving up and down on the bracket list, we won't give away who will go where though!

- (Bi)-Weekly tournaments for special prizes! We're gonna try to make these tournaments a twice-a-month thing, rotating in format every time we host one!

- A brand-new "League" will be popping up during S2! The Champions of S1 will have the first go at this special League, which will be known as the Redemption League EX, where the Redemption League leaders will pose an even bigger challenge for the Champions! (Redemption EX is only available to those who have obtained 18 badges and have defeated Celeste in either S1 or S2)

But that's not all! For those who have missed it, we're also developing a fan-game named Pokémon Redemption! It'll involve all of the League's leaders and a new cast of characters that has never been revealed or spoken of before! The official thread for the game will take a little while to create, as we want to prepare a bit more before we can showcase the things we're going to be delivering to you all!

So, we'll be seeing you all this upcoming weekend for the finale of Season 1, I hope!

IClmIjH.png

I originally promised myself to do my best for Season 1. Since I wasn't in Reborn's first season, I suppose it's fine that I didn't do well as I thought I would. Season 2, on the other hand... Look out, Redemption, here I come! I'll make SURE I do well, and that's a promise..

• Global Mods

I managed to get 13 badges (excluding any I possibly get the coming weekend, although I doubt I will, lol). I had no competitive experience and was legitimately surprised after getting just one.

Next season I'll make a team of Pokemon like Corsola, Spinda, etc.

Also, I always wondered what a fangame would be like with the Redemption leaders . o .

tfw so close to hall of fame + x league rip :[ Even if I beat both Oliver and Festus this weekend (which is highly unlikely) I wouldn't be able to fight Celeste (and I'd most likely not win in one try too)

but hopefully I'll win next season!!1! maybe I'll actually use a theme or not completely OU-UU stuff with Gen 7 coming out soon

anyway game hype :]

HOLD UP! IS ther esomething i dont know yet, or isnt there already a fangame here with the name redemption? Like did you two guys reach an agreement where you guys used the name redemption or what happened?

I swear there was a fangame here with the name.

• Global Mods

HOLD UP! IS ther esomething i dont know yet, or isnt there already a fangame here with the name redemption? Like did you two guys reach an agreement where you guys used the name redemption or what happened?

I swear there was a fangame here with the name.

There is a fangame called Redemption. It was released in June and from what I remember got as far as beta testing for the second episode before the creator disappeared off the face of Reborn.

I'm just going to lay this clear about the whole having the same name as some other fan game or whatever. If it's not intentional you're stealing the name along with the fact the project is dead (trust me when I say many of these games get canceled way before even getting close to being completed) I don't think it's necessarily wrong to use that name if you have a good reason behind it. It's more or less going to be a name confusion if anything.

As for the fan-game idea itself I cannot and will not judge mostly because I basically know nothing about it. Considering how long you guys put into planning this league system, I highly doubt you'd just be jumping into the creation without spending some time laying out the story and more importantly the limits of your team (or single person). Too many times I see talented people just burn themselves out and quit midway through making me always skeptical.

Anyways enough of my ramblings. While I really wasn't around (hey I did say I was usually busy when the league was up which is very true), I do think the league was pretty successful so that's something you guys should pat your backs on.

I'm just going to lay this clear about the whole having the same name as some other fan game or whatever. If it's not intentional you're stealing the name along with the fact the project is dead (trust me when I say many of these games get canceled way before even getting close to being completed) I don't think it's necessarily wrong to use that name if you have a good reason behind it. It's more or less going to be a name confusion if anything.

As for the fan-game idea itself I cannot and will not judge mostly because I basically know nothing about it. Considering how long you guys put into planning this league system, I highly doubt you'd just be jumping into the creation without spending some time laying out the story and more importantly the limits of your team (or single person). Too many times I see talented people just burn themselves out and quit midway through making me always skeptical.

Anyways enough of my ramblings. While I really wasn't around (hey I did say I was usually busy when the league was up which is very true), I do think the league was pretty successful so that's something you guys should pat your backs on.

Before we actually got around to creating basics and stuff, I had contemplated on a different name, but was soon changed because I felt like it wouldn't fit the entire League x fangame thing, so I spoke to a few people and ended up PM'ing the original Pokemon Redemption creator, he said he was fine with me/us using the name for our fangame (which may mean he's gonna rename his or not, idk yet), I have no idea how this will pan out and can only see this unfold as we progress. We're indeed not just jumping the gun here by saying "oh we're gonna make a fangame" and not actually take this seriously. We're working with a group of now 8 people to get the basic things ready for the first episode, which includes storyline, (side)-quests, mapping etc.. I doubt we'll have E1 ready before S2 starts up, I'm pretty sure everyone can agree on the fact that a rushed thing, is a sloppy thing.

To clarify for everyone else; Yes, there is indeed a game called Pokemon Redemption already in progress/on hold. StarryD has given me his permission to use the name for our own, Redemption League-based fangame. This may or may not mean there's going to be 2 games with the same name, if this seems complicated to maintain, we'll get together and figure out a solution for this. For now, just keep in mind that a second thread for a game with the same name may pop up whenever we feel like we're ready to present what we have!

S1 got me a feel for competitive again, seeing as the last time I was in the simulator environment was early Gen5 on PO. (We're talking OU Shaymin-S early, leaving around SB Blaziken ban time). Additionally, using Zoroark after the wave of "Don't use Zoroark"/"Team Preview kills Zoroark" was definitely fun. Especially when inexperience brings along pretty dumb gimmicks. AV Zoroark

Here's hoping S2 goes well, after a decent break.

Edited by Cobalt996

Was fun competing in the League, even though things got slow near the end and feeling fatigued most of the time. Definitely some funny moments.

Never forget Counter Weavile.

edit: fk, I wasted my 2500th post.

Edit 2: I should probably ask this when Season 2 happens, but will it be possible to do a regular run and EX run at the same time or will winning the EX League count as a Champion for both Leagues? If so, then I'll just do the EX run.

Hm. Another season. Time to have fun :3 I'll try more to get all badges and defeat the champ.

And fangame huh. Good luck with that my friend.

Also one last thing. Please not overwork yourself dash. Take breaks and such man. You work a lot you know.

Sorry i haven't shown lately, I've been distracted HARD with other stuff, I figured things would be coming to a close soon though.

That said, thanks Team Redemption. You guys put a lot of work into this, and it showed. We had a lot of fun with this thing and was definitely a worthwhile experience. :]