Choose My Team! Remastered (Latest Defeated: ZEL)

Filthy Casual

Chapter 5: Deja Vu

After his brief break, Temere decided to continue his adventure. He ventured downward toward the Coral Ward, where he found another new friend.

NxCSQhy.png

This was Amaria, the water type gym leader of Reborn. She informed us that she was trying to save an Oshawott from an abandoned lighthouse across the way. However, her Pokemon would be unable to surf across the toxic water. Luckily for the Oshawott, Cain came to the rescue!

4wSURPO.png

With his Grimer, he was able to save the Oshawott. However, Oshawott wanted to stay by Cain's side, giving him a new team member. Amaria decided that it would be best if Cain could test out Oshawott in a battle. As such, it was time for the "rematch we were all waiting for"...

...which is a strange thing for Cain to say, as this was only the second time Temere met Cain, but whatever, I suppose...

Spoiler

g15NPoD.png

34MiCRS.png

The battle begins with Queen Bee baiting a Sludge from a Grimer while M.M. Tower (Kling) comes in.

hkjaRPA.png

M.M. Tower tries to hit Grimer with a Charge Beam. However, he is then disabled, getting bombarded by Mud Slaps. Fortunately, Gear Grind eventually gets the job done.

NEXiqx5.png

Bidoofceus hits Nidorino with a Water Gun. After tanking a Double Kick, Bidoofceus get a flinch Headbutt, picking up the KO next turn.

khiypLe.png

Bidoofceus lands another Headbutt, getting another flinch. He picks up another KO.

ZkwYQHk.png

Bidoofceus ends the fight getting a critical Headbutt.

5GqVxOD.png

You know, Cain, it probably wasn't the best idea to send Oshawott out immediately for a battle. I'm sure Amaria can agree with me when I say-

jqv0d9x.png

...wow, what an asshole! She thought Oshawott was about to get an easy win!

After our victory, Amaria decided to invite us to help with the mysterious problem in Obsidia, unaware that we were already invited to help by Florinia. We arrived to help the two gym leaders, only to be greeted by an unwelcome site...

Spoiler

...no, not Victoria. That would be much worse. Instead, we were welcomed by a PULSE Tangrowth!

5mLIVOI.png

...wait a minute... where has Temere seen this before?

28M77UZ.png

Here's a fun thing about Reborn and Rejuvenation: in V9, Rejuvenation actually references the PULSE Machines in a side quest. It's a neat easter egg, but it definitely would give Temere war flashbacks.

We decided to confront the threat!

Spoiler

2ontxWj.png

The battle begins with Mr. Biggles (Trubbish), using Acid Spray, only for Tangrowth to transform into an abomination.

t0hCdbP.png

Tangrowth eventually goes down, but his special defense is minimized.

NQSY9J8.png

Charbok gets off a Glare, paralyzing PULSE Tangrowth. He gets off a couple Bites before going down.

6GwAXIE.png

Queen Bee gets a critical Gust on Tangrowth. However, it barely does anything! She goes down.

8UeuRTR.png

M.M. Tower gets off a couple Gear Grinds before going down.

ETBv7Qd.png

Bidoofceus gets off two Headbutts before going down.

1gWqG8d.png

Luckily, Bonsai is in the back to clean up.

5bMixRX.png

That was way too close for comfort!

After that close battle, Florinia decided to thank us by inviting us to battle her in her gym! Before we arrived, however, we found another teammate!

Spoiler

Mrs. Ribbit the Buneary!

tgfVneS.png

As we went inside Florinia's gym, however, we ran into someone quite unpleasant...

Spoiler

kQy4VbO.png

What do you want, Fern? Are you going to give Queen Bee (Combee) some free EXP? She needs to evolve soon for our upcoming gym battle.

WR5oLzp.png

...yeah, that's what I just said. Why would you-

Y6DnFMq.png

IZaiMN0.png

Don't tell me you're going to-

WyVjdmI.png

You know what the funniest thing about is? This is the second time this happened to Temere!

o2OLm15.png

Still, I like Fern's role as an antagonist. He's a more extreme version of Blue. However, I feel as if he's eventually going to turn to the good side. Later in the game, there are more signs of conflicting emotions in Fern. He clearly doesn't want to be evil, but he's only doing it to get the attention of his sister and the MC. Also, there's a prophet in E16 which predicts a person with a "tooth necklace" will fight against Lin. I look forward to seeing what happens to Fern in E17!

Next time, we'll be taking on the gym! Who should we catch? What should their names be? Also, which six should we use for the upcoming battle? It's up to you!

Current Team

Spoiler

excCnM3.png

yb6n7jf.png

Still Need to Catch

Tynamo

Male Zubat

Shinx

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mothimer the venomoth would be nice

Lumier the Chandelure would be a good adition to your team (the beauty and the beast)

Later you will get a ralts, if its male then Hero or Knight (i dont know witch I like more) if female I dont know right now a name, maybe later

Thyplosion the Pyromancer 

Tooth the Sandile

Flygon is Seeker

Pangoro the Yakusa

Aconitum the Dragalge (aka queen of poison)

This is more than enough for now, you dont need to accept all but they seem to be good choices 

Chapter 6: Rise of the Exquisite Empress

After Temere suffered through his Fern-enduced Ren flashbacks, he decided to continue his quest. Along the way, he fought off countless trainers, all with the goal of keeping Temere away from Florinia. Unfortunately for them, what they didn't realize is that we had gained an excellent evolution to repel them off!

Spoiler

yW0HMYD.png

After all of that grinding, we finally confronted Fern, who had some very choice words for us...

8SkF8Kw.png

Well, if you told me not to take it personally, that totally makes it okay, right?

We decided to quickly head to battle!

Spoiler

c1vp6LZ.png

9rtHD7s.png

The battle begins with Mr. Biggles tanking Lombre's Fury Swipes to KO with Acid Spray.

iYA6Bi4.png

Mr. Biggles gets off one more Acid Spray before getting KOd by Leaf Storm.

JcbuiYP.png

Charbok gets off a Glare on Servine. Unfortunately, the Servine gets a critical Leaf Storm.

TCRPrmo.png

Queen Bee decimates with a couple Gusts.

gOjc1N7.png

Roselia unfortunately tanks the Gusts while simultaneously using Leech Seed and Poison Sting to poison. She inexplicably goes down.

DuNvNGV.png

I make the huge mistake of thinking Bidoofceus can outspeed. Obviously, that was a huge mistake.

lE5WZhX.png

Luckily, Bonsai is there to finish the job.

A1lg8Yq.png

No hard feelings, right?

After our fight, Fern certain wasn't happy to see us triumphant. This prompted him to take the league challenge.

oF7QVOi.png

zhgTZ3J.png

As Fern stormed off, this left Temere with one more task: to defeat Florinia!

Spoiler

Bqn8PIf.png

99kUHBR.png

The battle begins with Mr. Biggles setting up a couple layers of Toxic Spikes. Afterwards, he KOs the Maractus with an Acid Spray Sludge combo.

8e4Dirc.png

Breloom gets decimated by a Gust.

6im37Is.png

Poor Bonsai gets off one Bite before he gets hit by a critical hit Pin Missile.

zt54CBw.png

While Gust takes a while to KO, Queen Bee is more than able to tank a couple Pin Missiles. She eventually KOs the Ferroseed.

0ZzOqcL.png

Cacnea goes down to a Bug Bite.

BbNMKyY.png

Mr. Biggles decimates Cottonee with a Sludge.

YWOWSJC.png

Mr. Biggles gets off an Acid Spray before going down.

Yknr38z.png

M.M. Tower is able to tank Cradily's Smack Down, KOing with Gear Grind.

v6xCj5Q.png

Man, Queen Bee (Vespiquen) just tanked that gym!

After that win, Florinia decided to ask for our services once again in the Jasper Ward. As we were heading over, we found another new team member!

Spoiler

Yakusa the Pancham!

swN9eaS.png

Next time, we will be heading over to the Jasper Ward! Who should we catch? What should their names be? Also, should we save or ignore the officers? It's up to you!

Current Team

Spoiler

asBeuB0.png

EkptuMt.png

Still Need to Catch

Tynamo

Male Zubat

Shinx

Venonat

Litwick

Cyndaquil

Sandile

Mothim (so I can trade it for the Trapinch)

Skrelp

Chapter 7: Klink in the Clutch

As Temere was heading toward the Jasper Ward, a thunderstorm began to open up. He decided to get some shelter in an abandoned alleyway. As he did that, however, he found another new team member!

Spoiler

Wiggles the Tynamo!

UHG67Cu.png

After encountering our new friend, we headed up to the Jasper Ward, where we were informed of our dilemma.

wl8kdDf.png

Apparently, the police officers had all been preoccupied by the PULSE Tangrowth, possibly even killed. Temere quickly decided to help rescue the police officers, rescuing as many as possible. Along the way, he happened to run into another interesting indivudual...

TzIiv4G.png

...okay...

XG6Razw.png

Meet Taka, an admin of Team Meteor who was tasked with stopping us from taking down the PULSE Tangrowth. Without hesitation, we challenged him to a battle!

Spoiler

qbyiLK7.png

meFcYwl.png

The battle begins with Mr. Biggles setting up a couple layers of Toxic Spikes. He then hits Lileep with a couple Acid Sprays. Unfortunately, he is forced to switch out.

Fdhj618.png

One Gust decimates Lileep.

GHCiIyL.png

Bidoofceus attempts to go for the Headbutt. However, Satan Victoria Chatot gets off a Chatter, confusing Bidoofceus. He doesn't even get off an attack.

bPSUuQA.png

At this point, this is the last thing on my team that can handle Chatot. As Chatot goes for a Nasty Plot, M.M. Tower goes for a Thundershock. Unfortunately, Chatot survives, attacking and confusing M.M. Tower...

...WHO BREAKS OUT OF CONFUSION TO GET A CRITICAL HIT THUNDERSHOCK, PARALYZING CHATOT!

What a clutch play! We were going to lose if that didn't happen! M.M. Tower goes down, but performs admirably.

qVMGQKa.png

While Taka goes for the Super Potion, Bonsai tries to flinch Chatot to death with Bite. That doesn't work, and Bonsai goes down.

MmSDkWT.png

Mr. Biggles is luckily able to KO with Sludge.

DgB8p4w.png

...wait a minute...

WHY ISN'T THAT TANGROWTH GETTING POISONED BY TOXIC SPIKES?!

Seriously, it should poison the Tangrowth! It's infuriating to me since I set up the Toxic Spikes for nothing! Now, Mr. Biggles is only able to get off a couple Acid Sprays before going down.

wTLKl0l.png

Fortunately, Queen Bee is able to take care of Tangrowth with a couple Gusts.

sn93ie2.png

Easy.

With another win under our belt, we dispelled of the Tangrowth in Jasper! Taka was even kind enough to tell us about the Tangrowth in Beryl! As such, next time, we will-

4HynPgD.png

7KnZ6YC.png

...oh, I almost forgot! We were stopped by Heather, an energetic young girl with the desire to fight evil. If her presence didn't catch your attention, maybe this will!

rjhiYrv.png

BIPOEuZ.png

Honestly, with what Temere's fought, I'm sure he's unfazed. He beat Madame X's Yveltal with a Phantump, after all...

...anyway, next time, we'll be heading to the Beryl Ward! Who should we catch? What should their names be? Which six should we use? Also, when we receive the Growlithe, should we use it? If so, what should its name be? It's up to you!

Current Team

Spoiler

6Y5h1rC.png

ZEruagH.png

Still Need to Catch

Male Zubat

Shinx

Venonat

Litwick

Cyndaquil

Spearow

Sandile

Mothim (as trade fodder for Trapinch)

Skrelp

The Mystery Egg

8 minutes ago, Awesome_One said:

If you're seriously asking why the Toxic Spikes didn't poison the Tangrowth, I might have the answer for ya. The only answer I got is that is because when Tangrowth Mega Evolves, it becomes Grass/Poison.

You know, I thought that at first, as well. However, in the next battle, the Toxic Spikes will poison the Tangrowth even before it mega evolves.

Chapter 8: Tragedy, the Episode

Temere decided to continue his quest to search for the police officers. Unfortunately, that quest led him to find a Growlithe abandoned in the library. We looked to see why, only to discover something tragic...

AzX27z3.png

...that's dark. Poor Temere couldn't just leave her alone. After saving the other police officers, he ended up taking her in!

Spoiler

7UK6QSr.png

Should we use the Growlithe on our team? It is female with a Mild nature and Reversal. If we should use her, what should her name be?

The Growlithe was so traumatized that Temere decided to give it some time off in the day care. He decided to leave her with Yakusa, a Pancham who had not been used too much on the team. However, as Temere came to pick up the Growlithe, he discovered something incredible: an egg! Apparently, Yakusa the Pancham and Growlithe had really bonded. He wanted to give her a big hug! However, he got a request from one of the police officers.

zqz07dV.png

Fydp62w.png

Temere knew what the police officer was going through, having just lost Dangerous (his original Sceptile). He looked at Growlithe, only for her to give back an approving nod. Temere handed over the egg to the officer. Overjoyed, the officer decided to pay us back with another egg!

Spoiler

lET3ten.png

HOLY SHIT IT'S A STARLY EGG! WE CAN GET THAT POWERFUL STARAPTOR!

...that is, if you wish that we use it. Should we use the Starly egg? If so, what should it's name be?

After that brief encounter, Temere decided to continue his quest to find the Tangrowth. Fortunately for him, it didn't take much looking.

iS4E5Ki.png

ZEL and Take were accompanied by a mysterious figure. We heard a bit of dialogue from the man, who sounded strangely familiar...

Spoiler

O4vQxZp.png

escUkii.png

hgY52kh.png

Why does he look so familiar...?

ryLUNTW.png

IT'S KETA!

As the mysterious figure was about to battle us, however, another person entered the scene!

3EItrFz.png

That's right! Heather decided to take her broken Salamence to the fight! Honestly, she better have won that battle...

Regardless, it was time to fight both ZEL and Taka at the same time...

...yay?

Spoiler

g9Qvi4f.png

At this point, I know that if Glaceon isn't brought down immediately, it will sweep through my team. Because of this, the battle begins with M.M. Tower decimating Glaceon with a couple Gear Grinds while Mr. Biggles sets up some Toxic Spikes.

U75YpDw.png

Poor Mr. Biggles gets blown away by a Psybeam. M.M. Tower continuously misses Charge Beams.

F7jKBo6.png

M.M. Tower and Bidoofceus double team Espeon to take it out. However, Espeon sets up a Future Sight, Kling Bidoofceus as Espeon goes down.

bvBKtfl.png

Umbreon and Lileep double team M.M. Tower. He goes down, but Queen Bee gets off massive damage on Umbreon.

1Pf8eTC.png

Umbreon gets off a Faint Attack on Mrs. Ribbit before going down. Unfortunately, Lileep is also switched out for Chatot...

wwap8Jf.png

Mrs. Ribbit goes for an Endure, baiting out the Chatter. Queen Bee uses this opportunity to go for a Power Gem on Chatot. While Mrs. Ribbit is then healed, Chatot tries to heal while Queen Bee keeps assaulting him with Power Gems. Eventually, Mrs. Ribbit hits herself in confusion while trying to go for a Quick Attack. Fortunately, Chatot had switched out for Lileep, who becomes badly poisoned.

WntjC2T.png

Mrs. Ribbit is forced to switch out while Lileep goes down. 

yka7dHV.png

Bonsai only gets in two Bites before going down to Acid Spray. However, with Queen Bee's Gusts and poison damage, Tangrowth is starting to get worn down. Also, now Toxic Spikes decide to work?!

jsKqDYL.png

Mrs. Ribbit baits out an attack from Tangrowth and goes for Endure. Queen Bee hits Tangrowth with another Gust. He almost goes down. However, Taka makes the brilliant play of switching out Tangrowth for Chatot...

...who gets KOd immediately by a Mrs. Ribbit Quick Attack.

JQxd9og.png

vpUGwtF.png

All that's left to do is finish Tangrowth off with a Quick Attack.

oie2Kqe.png

78R3zHR.png

Easy.

With the duo defeated, Keta the mysterious hooded man ran off into the distance. However, the police officers decided to help us catch the man as a thank you for our help!

suzgoDW.png

We unmasked him, only to reveal that he was...

q9zIYDx.png

...a guy we hadn't met before!

Seriously, though, this was gym leader Corey, someone Keta seems to have taken a liking to. Heather was understandably distraught about learning that her father was supposedly evil all along. Corey didn't take that well, either, vowing his revenge. Honestly, this whole episode has been filled with constant tragedies.

Before we decided to confront Corey, we found another new team member!

Spoiler

Habsi the Fearow!

R0iyeKz.png

Next time, we'll be taking on Gym Leader Corey! Who should we catch? What should their names be? Also, who should we use in the upcoming fight against Corey? It's up to you!

Current Team

Spoiler

VIlj6r5.png

s8PsTYi.png

*Yakusa the Pancham is currently training in the Daycare. He's too low leveled, and since there are no dark types on the team right now, I figured he could use some leveling up.

Still Need to Catch

Male Zubat

Shinx

Venonat

Litwick

Cyndaquil

Sandile

Mothim (for Trapinch)

Skrelp

Edited by Filthy Casual

On 28/08/2017 at 8:45 AM, HellBoyOnEarth said:

Lets hope u will get a good Mon in the mystery egg :D

Name of it should be ThePower(male), Sweetheart(female), TheThing(neutral)

10 minutes ago, HellBoyOnEarth said:

I already reserved a name for the egg :P

You are right but I like the neutral name, you should pick another Mon for that name 

Chapter 9: Life Begins where Fear Ends

As Temere went to confront Corey, he was feeling on top of the world! His team was taking lives, Team Meteor was paying for poor Dangerous's (Sceptile) death. Even better, the Growlithe from before decided to join us!

JkWnBaq.png

With her in tow, we were ready to help the police officers stop Corey! Nothing could possibly-

StK4HEC.png

YOU HAD ONE JOB!

Seriously, though, it turns out not-Keta mind controlled all of the police officers to do his bidding. Luckily for us, this provided us the opportunity to get some free EXP! Mrs. Ribbit (Buneary) desperately needed that experience, as she is a pain to raise her happiness. Regardless, we made it to Corey, who wasn't happy to see us.

qULsvlG.png

I mean, I'm just here for a badge. Are we going to-

Pe14jzG.png

You could hypothetically lose this gym battle we're about to hav-

IY0F3i3.png

Are you going to let me speak, or-

dxfryry.png

Look, I know you're pissed, but we're going to have to battl-

yPWtkQq.png

SHIT!

Spoiler

lqeSjmb.png

i5s8d8f.png

The battle begins with M.M. Tower easily taking out Skrelp. Along the way, Corey's Super Potion is used.

1Qeww8Z.png

Queen Bee decimates Croakunk with Gust. However, this also causes the fog to separate.

qCmF1PT.png

Mr. Biggles is only able to get off one Acid Spray before being annihilated by an Acid Spray/Incinerate combo.

R8ri6hV.png

The Beast only gets off one Fire Fang. She goes down without a problem.

Coz42ny.png

While Queen Bee does heavy damage to Skuntank, it lives on one, KOing Queen Bee.

78zNWHM.png

Luckily, one Quick Attack takes down Skuntank.

mG6XOwT.png

The searing acid from the field does massive damage to Bonsai. Luckily, he sets up a few Curses, taking Nidorina down with a couple well placed Bites.

BkZxPFW.png

Unfortunately, he is then taken down by Grimer.

urJ8Bn5.png

At this point, I realize Grimer can't touch me, as his Mud Bomb becomes part poison type. Because of this, I max out M.M. Tower's special defense with Charge, while boosting its attack with Charge Beam. Grimer goes down.

K5YV8WR.png

Even with Crobat's bulk, M.M. Tower decimates the creature. All it tries to do is weaken M.M. Tower's stats, but it's not enough.

zu8BFvX.png

...no, M.M. Tower's still there. Can I have my badge now?

After a hard fought battle, we earn...

9pAw3t0.png

...nothing. Instead, we are invited to the Beryl Bridge. What happens next is quite shocking, but I can only imagine how it went down through Temere's eyes...

Spoiler

x56PQX0.png

Wait, you're releasing your Crobat? Can I have it? I kind of need to get a Zuba-

fjSUUYj.png

I'm just here for my badge. If it's alright with you, can you just-

kjgRfup.png

I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention. Can you repeat-

GzfKot2.png

9bdXczv.png

Wait a minute, I'm quite lost. When did you get married?

ExsHcUN.png

What doctor?! What ring?!

oVfjsKR.png

SERVE WHO?! I DIDN'T HEAR YOU THE FIRST-

3bnmRHO.png
WHO?! WHAT'S HAPPENING?!

I6RN5yH.png

...what are you doing?

tMmnsRg.png

What?! When?! Why?! I have so many questions!

Despite how I played that scene, it's actually quite tragic to see a father do that. However, with death also comes new life...

Spoiler

...and in this case, it's the form of our Mystery Egg.

RgX2g6p.png

Another female, huh? Let's see how her stats are...

9jPVH44.png

HOLY SHIT THAT'S FUCKING AMAZING!

By the way, meet Starlight the Starly! I can imagine that The Beast (Growlithe) is excited for this team member, especially since it was traded for her egg.

Next time, we will not only train our newest member, but also find our where Corey landed! Who else should we catch? What should their names be? Which six team members should we use? It's up to you!

Current Team

Spoiler

quPjN4I.png

UaCUqvW.png

Still Need to Catch

Male Zubat

Shinx

Venonat

Litwick

Cyndaquil

Sandile

Mothim (for Trapinch)

Skrelp

1 hour ago, Anti_Hero said:

Yes starlight ! 

I hope starlight helps you soon. For example to decimate bugs and fighting types 

@Yagami I think it's possible to catch a zubat at the wasteland

I meant a Staraptor is a really powerful flying type.

So Crobat will be bit unnecessary because evolves via happiness,most powerful move is acrobatics whereas staraptor has brave bird.